Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#629837 05/12/19 11:35 AM
Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Club World Cup squad: Alisson, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lonergan, Shaqiri, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott, Williams.

Pretty much everyone is going even youngsters such as Elliot, Williams and Brewster which begs the question, who will play vs Aston Villa in the league cup? I know some fans aren't bothered about that cup and we have bigger fish to fry this season and we probably can't win them all but the final is in February so it's a good one to win and tuck in the cabinet before the bigger trophies hopefully.

The only way I might see this working is if 6 or 7 players miss the first CWC game and play Villa then fly out for the final, even though rules state the squad has to be in Doha 3 days before the competition gets underway but surely, they have given us some leeway here to navigate these fixtures?

Thoughts?

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Snakeye #629838 05/12/19 12:13 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
In my opinion, we should get a
team from the fans to play Villa

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
In my opinion, we should get a
team from the fans to play Villa

I would be honoured to answer the call of duty. Only thing is, if the temperature is going to be anything less than 20 degrees then I'll have to declare my back injury... which becomes aggravated when it's cold. I won't get too technical from a medical perspective... it's the same one as Coutinho had so you can be assured that it's genuine. I was minded to keep it quiet and play through the pain but that would be unprofessional - it's best to inform you of an injury rather than hoodwink you just to get into the team for personal glory.

If it helps, I'd be happy to swap places with anyone in the Club WC squad. I believe that would be a win-win situation in the best interests of the club.

I look forward to your reply, preferably with some plane tickets.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Snakeye #629841 05/12/19 01:31 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I'm in,ingrowing toenail or not.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Snakeye #629844 05/12/19 02:49 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Club World Cup squad: Alisson, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lonergan, Shaqiri, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott, Williams.

Pretty much everyone is going even youngsters such as Elliot, Williams and Brewster which begs the question, who will play vs Aston Villa in the league cup? I know some fans aren't bothered about that cup and we have bigger fish to fry this season and we probably can't win them all but the final is in February so it's a good one to win and tuck in the cabinet before the bigger trophies hopefully.

The only way I might see this working is if 6 or 7 players miss the first CWC game and play Villa then fly out for the final, even though rules state the squad has to be in Doha 3 days before the competition gets underway but surely, they have given us some leeway here to navigate these fixtures?

Thoughts?

Under 23 team will play then. Didn't United skip the tournament when they played the WC? Maybe this is what we should have done unless our youngsters want to give it a go.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Snakeye

Thoughts?

Under 23 team will play then. Didn't United skip the tournament when they played the WC? Maybe this is what we should have done unless our youngsters want to give it a go.

United skipped the FA Cup for this.

Snakeye #629846 05/12/19 03:26 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Hopefully Klopp plays the fringe players and gives the 1st team some R&R out there.

Snakeye #629847 05/12/19 03:40 PM
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
If we are allowed to leave 6 or 7 behind it might benefit us in a couple of ways. Firstly it would give us more chance v Villa. Secondly it would get a few players who have not played much recently some game time to get them ready to support the crowded fixture list.

Kelleher will almost certainly play v Villa. Brewster, Shaqiri, Keita, Elliott, Jones and Williams could all get a later plane I suppose and then there are the 2 Dutch lads. That's 9 and almost enough to give Villa a decent game.

Snakeye #629851 05/12/19 04:52 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
A chance to be champions of the world trumps the league cup. Plus the prize money is worth 10 times as much.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Ok, gave it a long thought and here is the squads. Have talked to FIFA as well as not everybody will be in Qatar from day 1

Starting XI for League Cup quarter-final: Kelleher; Williams, Hoever, Van den Berg, Larouci; Chirivella, Dixon-Bonner, Shaqiri; Elliott, Brewster, Jones

Starting XI for CWC semi-final: Adrian; Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson; Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita; Salah, Mane, Firmino. (Bench: Alisson, Gomez, Milner, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Origi)

*Those names in bold are the players likely to fly out to Qatar after the League Cup match.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 06/12/19 02:17 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion