KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I am a bit worried about Stephen Gerrard. He was rested against West Brom on Sunday, he is a great player still but not what he was. He seems to be waning year by year and being managed in his final years. The problem is he was such a great player for us and although we have had such great players in the past such as Dalglish and Souness they are part of strong squads. Gerrard has for many years to a large extent carried Liverpool if he is to play less of a part that would leave our only other talented player Suarez. There are rumours of him going to PSG and were he to do so the rest of the squad seems to be functional but not highly talented players. This is part of the reason we have not been scoring this season apart from Carroll there have not been enough goals from around the team. Does anyone else feel this way Henderson, Carroll, Kuyt, Maxi, Lucas, Downing does exactly set your heart racing does it? It really worries me for next season particularly if our transfer budget is limited and even assuming Dalglish signs some quality. I fear we don’t have enough guile and quality to grind out wins and my fear is another season like this one but without the cups which are one off situations.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I raised this query a while ago. Gerrards fitness and declining impact is leaving a massive gap in the team, and kenny's purchases despite their value, are only good enough as backup players. Gerrard is our greatest ever player in my opinion and I think we are already feeling his loss even though he is still here. We have nothing in central midfield worth mentioning - NOTHING.

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
I think you are bang on. Gerrard and Suarez are our only real 'star players'. It's a worry with Gerrard looking more and more like a player who is past it.... Reina was a star two years ago but is on the decline too!

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
I would have cashed in on SG a few years back when they were quoting silly money for him. Great as he is/was we have been too reliant on him and the money we could have got could have funded a 2 or 3 very good players and given us a much more stable situation.
If we already had class around the rest of the pitch then keep him, but being as far away as we have been from challenging I thought the money would be better used raising the standard of player in a few positions

S
Trialist
Trialist
S
We can never replace our captain but we do have some talented players that are underperforming atm ie downing carroll and lucas will be back stronger next season to beef up the midfield and as crazy as it sounds henderson does look good in the middle of the park i do think suarez could drop back abit into a more midfield/forward as some of his linkup play is excellent hes just not finisher we need and well carroll is barely in the box i think if we had a proper number 9 the season may have been alot better

T
thundyr
Unregistered
thundyr
Unregistered
T
A talent vacuum? And let me guess, Kenny is the one aiming the nozzle and sucking the talent into a dirt bag?

H
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
H
agreed SP, I would add that this team need at least 5 first team players next season

I will listen, only if your answer contains wisdom

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion