Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#633543 03/06/20 01:38 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Should, if, when we win the premiership league title in the forthcoming restart should we........

Carry on with full strength teams and go all out to break records for most points premiership win?

Or

Rest some senior players and give some of the promising youngsters a go for the future?

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I would say abit of both, we are in a great position to set records, so we should try and do that, but we can also give games to the likes of Curtis Jones, Elliott & Hoever without significantly weakening the team.

I would not play too many young players, 2 at a time starting maybe, and a few on the bench, as the point is to let them play with the first team regulars to gain that experience, so there is no point in throwing in 6 young players like we do in the cups, as they need to be used to playing with the likes of Salah/Mane/Firmino/VvD/Henderson/Robbo/Alisson etc.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Thanks that's a good answer

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Stay professional. Play for the win every game. Having said that I am sure that some players could be given a game here and there or come on as a sub even if it is to rest players. Playing 9 games in 35 days is asking for trouble. Hence the squad being made ready playing each other at Anfield yesterday. Klopp is not going to take his foot off the pedal. Even when it is won.

At this stage we do not know when the next season will start so anything whereby our squad can get competitive games is going to be good. Our youngsters have had their seasons stopped I think so we need to keep them ticking over as well. Salah and maybe even Mane have their eyes on a Golden Boot. Alisson will want Golden Gloves.

Squad management may play a big part and if title/games are won and we get to use 5 subs then we may see a few things sacrificed at the expense of keeping players fresh for the next game and even next season. We have been beaten just twice in 68 league games and have won the last 22 PL home games.

A lot of records could still go.
Quickest title win in terms of matches (an asterisk would go against the earliest date record held by Man U LOL)
100 percent home record
Most points
Biggest margin of points
Most wins in a season
Fewest draws in a season

The final message we need to send out there is you need well over 100 points to beat us because we just don't stop.

Last edited by AccaBoosty; 03/06/20 03:24 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Also, players need to play 5 games to get a PL winners medal, Klopp may want to reward some squad players like Jones & Elliott by getting a medal, even Clyne who has given us 5 years, I wouldn't begrudge him 5 games to get a medal. I would expect Minamino will get games, he will want to get him used to the PL for next season, so he is upto speed for it.

So I can see the squad being rotated quite abit, just because of the amount of games in a short time, we will want to limit risk of injuries.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Also, players need to play 5 games to get a PL winners medal, Klopp may want to reward some squad players like Jones & Elliott by getting a medal, even Clyne who has given us 5 years, I wouldn't begrudge him 5 games to get a medal. I would expect Minamino will get games, he will want to get him used to the PL for next season, so he is upto speed for it.

So I can see the squad being rotated quite abit, just because of the amount of games in a short time, we will want to limit risk of injuries.

That sounds plausible although if Alisson is closing in on Golden Gloves they might have to find a red shirt for Kelleher to play in should he come on. Or better still a red shirt for Alisson and switch keepers late on with a different player going off.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

That sounds plausible although if Alisson is closing in on Golden Gloves they might have to find a red shirt for Kelleher to play in should he come on. Or better still a red shirt for Alisson and switch keepers late on with a different player going off.

Alisson up front could be fun, or CB with VvD, scare a few strikers !!!

E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
I may have missed it but has the start date for the new season been announced? if it is not too far away, sensible rotation would be the key for all players to get enough rest and yet maintain fitness.
not to start pre-season from a lower base as previously.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Stay professional. Play for the win every game. Having said that I am sure that some players could be given a game here and there or come on as a sub even if it is to rest players. Playing 9 games in 35 days is asking for trouble. Hence the squad being made ready playing each other at Anfield yesterday. Klopp is not going to take his foot off the pedal. Even when it is won.

At this stage we do not know when the next season will start so anything whereby our squad can get competitive games is going to be good. Our youngsters have had their seasons stopped I think so we need to keep them ticking over as well. Salah and maybe even Mane have their eyes on a Golden Boot. Alisson will want Golden Gloves.

Squad management may play a big part and if title/games are won and we get to use 5 subs then we may see a few things sacrificed at the expense of keeping players fresh for the next game and even next season. We have been beaten just twice in 68 league games and have won the last 22 PL home games.

A lot of records could still go.
Quickest title win in terms of matches (an asterisk would go against the earliest date record held by Man U LOL)
100 percent home record
Most points
Biggest margin of points
Most wins in a season
Fewest draws in a season

The final message we need to send out there is you need well over 100 points to beat us because we just don't stop.

For me the only record of interest is the highest number of points and I would play the first team until that is achieved or can no longer be achieved, then play the youngsters. That said, I am not too bothered to play the youngsters as soon as we clinch the title. Trophies for me are what counts.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By elimmel
I may have missed it but has the start date for the new season been announced? if it is not too far away, sensible rotation would be the key for all players to get enough rest and yet maintain fitness.
not to start pre-season from a lower base as previously.

17 June it seems.

The full schedule according to Daily Mail:

7 june: Aston Villa v Sheffield United, Manchester City v Arsenal (weekday round)

19-22 june: Round 30 (Everton - Liverpool)

23-25 june: Round 31 (weekday round) (Liverpool - Crystal Palace)

26-29 june: FA Cup quarter finals/Round 32

30 june-2 july: Matches remaining for teams that played the FA Cup quarter finals (weekday round) (Manchester City - Liverpool)

3-6 july: Round 33 (Liverpool - Aston Villa)

7-9 july: Round 34 (weekday round) (Brighton - Liverpool)

10-13 july: Round 35 (Liverpool - Burnley)

14-16 july: Round 36 (weekday round) (Arsenal - Liverpool)

18-19 july: FA Cup semi finals/Round 37 (Liverpool - Chelsea if Chelsea lose their FA Cup quarter final against Leicester)

21-23 july: Remaining games for teams that played FA Cup semi finals (weekday round) (Liverpool - Chelsea if Chelsea win their FA Cup quarter final against Leicester)

25-26 july: Round 38 (Newcastle - Liverpool)

1 august: FA Cup final

Last edited by van Gogh; 04/06/20 06:19 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion