Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dunk Online Content OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Online Content
KopTalk Editor
LIVERPOOL: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

SUBS: Kelleher, Gomez, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaqiri, Brewster.

Dunk Online Content OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Online Content
KopTalk Editor
CHELSEA: Kepa, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Tomori, Emerson, Kante, Jorginho, Mount, Kovacic, Willian, Abraham.

SUBS: Alonso, Barkley, Pedro, Caballero, Zouma, Pulisic, Batshuayi.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Good team, thought we might rest Robbo. We need to get at them quickly, hit their confidence.

Surprised Pulisic isn't in the team, will be interesting to see how Mount copes, looked like he would be out.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
An important win at a difficult venue for us, and one that takes the shine off City's goal haul too! We were all over them in the first half, but they fought back well in the second half. We could have done better if Mane and Salah had been on form, which they weren't.
Anyway we have a chance to rest a number of key players now and it looks timely too. Our second string should see us through on Wednesday, I feel. Brilliant goal from TAA, very smart and well taken. Also great header from Firmino, and assist by Robertson. Well done Klopp and lads!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
An important win at a difficult venue for us, and one that takes the shine off City's goal haul too! We were all over them in the first half, but they fought back well in the second half. We could have done better if Mane and Salah had been on form, which they weren't.
Anyway we have a chance to rest a number of key players now and it looks timely too. Our second string should see us through on Wednesday, I feel. Brilliant goal from TAA, very smart and well taken. Also great header from Firmino, and assist by Robertson. Well done Klopp and lads!

Indeed, we looked quite exhausted as from the 60th min or so which is understandable after the CL game in Italy, playing away both games added to the exhaustion. It is our forward 3 who suffered the most and having Lallana to replace Mane was like a joke, he did nothing. Milner nevertheless helped the midfield and we won. When I look at the freshness of the City players compared to us, the gap was worrying but they played at home. Our bench needs to add much more for us to win the league.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Yeah, I can't argue with that. If we don't win it, our relative lack of bench depth will be the reason for me too. If we do win it however, I'll be the first to post my congratulations to Klop and squad. On the other hand, if we fail to win it, due to exhaustion, I'll find it very hard to forgive, especially considering the financial windfall from winning the CL last season. Our biggest weakness IMO is: we have no replacement for Robertson at all. On top of that, what we have for most other positions, is too much of a quality drop, as was shown by Lallana' efforts yesterday.
The one bright and unexpected revelation is though, how well Adrain is performing in goal. That was a real worry, but the lad has done exceptionally well, with all credit due to him.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion