Trialist
OP Offline
Trialist
A

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
Seems fair. The amount of money In football and the amount we are now generating. We are profitable and the value is only gonna go up.

G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
Yes think all Premier League Clubs are now worth a few bob...clubs like West Ham and Leicester City I think make the top 20 rich list now and that's down to one moving into a new stadium and the other winning one Premier League title..

Last edited by giorgiomoroder; 08/10/17 10:34 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
Seems fair. The amount of money In football and the amount we are now generating. We are profitable and the value is only gonna go up.

Are we profitable now, haven't seen or heard of the 2017 accounts? We made a 19m loss in 2016.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Seems fair to me and is also the reason we'll not be sold. How many people are out there who have the money to buy us and also the money to pump into the team, stadium etc?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Just sounds like lazy journalism to me, she was there to talk about a deal for Newcastle everyone reported, I'm hoping she was there for a deal to buy us, but I doubt it.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I did think it was very public how she sat in the stands, Sky had been briefed as they showed her in the stands and had all the background info on her, so its seemed she was sending a message.....

I can see FSG selling if they get the bid they want, FFP never happened as they hoped, transfer fee's are escalating, so to make/keep us competitive will take heavy investment, which I don't think they want to do, they are also starting to receive allot of criticism which they will not like.

Stavely represents the people who have the money to pump into the club to take us to the next level, so hopefully it comes off.

G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I did think it was very public how she sat in the stands, Sky had been briefed as they showed her in the stands and had all the background info on her, so its seemed she was sending a message.....

I can see FSG selling if they get the bid they want, FFP never happened as they hoped, transfer fee's are escalating, so to make/keep us competitive will take heavy investment, which I don't think they want to do, they are also starting to receive allot of criticism which they will not like.

Stavely represents the people who have the money to pump into the club to take us to the next level, so hopefully it comes off.
so you think there are people out there looking for a plaything or toy then as no serious investor is going to put 1.4 billion into us when we play football in the same place as United, City and Chelsea....

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By giorgiomoroder

so you think there are people out there looking for a plaything or toy then as no serious investor is going to put 1.4 billion into us when we play football in the same place as United, City and Chelsea....

I don't think buyers pay a £billion for a play thing, she represents serious investors, these days nations are also buying top clubs like Man City/PSG, so it's not necessarily a making money exercise, it's about promoting the nation, but with the money in football now, values are going up, with the likes of Facebook/Amazon getting involved, it's all going to increase, so it's a less risky investment these days.

We still have a bigger fanbase world wide than the likes of Man City & Chelsea and that's with limited success over the last 25 years, so any investor looking at that will think, imagine if they buy us and get us winning things again, we could be huge.

G
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
giorgiomoroder
Unregistered
G
Originally Posted By giorgiomoroder

I don't think buyers pay a £billion for a play thing, she represents serious investors, these days nations are also buying top clubs like Man City/PSG, so it's not necessarily a making money exercise, it's about promoting the nation, but with the money in football now, values are going up, with the likes of Facebook/Amazon getting involved, it's all going to increase, so it's a less risky investment these days.

We still have a bigger fanbase world wide than the likes of Man City & Chelsea and that's with limited success over the last 25 years, so any investor looking at that will think, imagine if they buy us and get us winning things again, we could be huge.
yes can see where your coming from...Chelsea have a bigger fanbase than us tho, you can double check that and as for limited success I think they are the most successful club in the last 15 years if actualy picking up trophies..not as convinced on that one tho.
I agree there are serious investors out there looking to make profits but they are only going to be the same as the owners we have now motive wise and like Hicks and Gillette before them in that they are here to put profit before trophies.
The way I see it is this...if we got richer investors than FSG and it allowed us to buy more expensive players...all that would happen is Roman, The Glazers and Sheikh Monsoor would just up what they are now paying for players so there will are always be the same gap between us that's there now....that's why I say we can only hope for owners who will treat the club like a play thing so we could match them...there's none if any of those around...just my opinion tho..

Last edited by giorgiomoroder; 08/10/17 06:33 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion