Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#637758 15/04/21 10:09 AM
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Too reliant on breaking up play, our midfield has lost it's ability to create with no game changers in our ranks. It's apparent that we need a refresh in the middle of the park, with very little in the way to look forward to coming up through our ranks.

Midfielders we need to keep hold of:

Fabinho
Thiago
Henderson
Wijnaldum
Jones

Midfielders that need to be sold:

Keita
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Shaqiri

I would like us to keep hold of Milner, however it would be in an emergency role whilst encouraging him to take up his Coaching badges to have him at the club in the future. He's an important experienced player that is a good role model for our younger players and I think he has the personality to do well as a Coach, then as a Manager. I think he'd be a better fit for a Liverpool Manager of the future rather than Stevie G.

Potential Midfield Targets This Summer:

Martin Ødegaard
Youri Tielemans
Pedro Gonclaves
Denis Zakaria
Jack Grealish

It's important to get it right this summer because we are crying out for a couple of midfield creative maestro's. FSG MUST bankroll an overhaul if they want us winning trophies again.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Not sure we need to keep Gini. Others I agree on.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Pretty hard to disagree with any of that. I guess all I would say is I think Thiago was bought to give more creativity but looks like we could do with someone who can pull some defenders around.

Only thing I would say against is that when we have our full normal squad available and when we were winning games every week this wasn't an issue.

As I say in a different thread for me the alarm bells are our strikers, can't score, won't score.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
We also have players out on loan that we probably now need to get rid of so they will aid to the summer transfer kitty:

Marko Grujic (at Porto until 30 June 2021)
Loris Karius (at Union Berlin until 30 June 2021)
Sheyi Ojo (at Cardiff City until 30 June 2021)
Kamil Grabara (at AGF until 30 June 2021)
Taiwo Awoniyi (at Union Berlin until 30 June 2021)

There's also Ben Woodburn who was on loan at Blackpool who I think his time with us is up and needs to be sold.

Then there's Harvey Elliott who is on loan at Blackburn, I would bring him back because he does have talent and he needs further nurturing.

Divok Origi needs to be sold and I wouldn't be too fussed if Bobby Firmino was moved on.

We have a good basis for a summer transfer kitty, but it will need bolstering further by FSG with the need for another experienced CB of imperative importance. A solid back-up GK wouldn't go amiss either as Adrian's focus is fragile.

12 players that can be sold / moved on, freeing up the wage roll for much needed fresh talent.

B
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
B
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Pretty hard to disagree with any of that. I guess all I would say is I think Thiago was bought to give more creativity but looks like we could do with someone who can pull some defenders around.

Only thing I would say against is that when we have our full normal squad available and when we were winning games every week this wasn't an issue.

As I say in a different thread for me the alarm bells are our strikers, can't score, won't score.

Well said Jim. We need strikers that can put the ball in the back of the net. Created many chances last night but Salah, Mane and Bobby seem to have lost their powers to finish at the moment.

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Wij is gone.... wouldn't be surprised if Milner left too (Leeds?). The time for nostalgia is over - our midfield doesn't create or score enough. But don't expect an overhaul... it will be a few tweaks. Shaq will probably move on... but we may give Keita one more year. Jones will be groomed to replace Wij so I only expect us to maybe buy one goalscoring midfielder... but don't be surprised if the club elects to convert Eliot or Firmino to a #10... and keeps Grujic instead of signing someone. We need a proper #9 but they might see Jota as that.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I like Gini, decent enough player, hard-working and suits Klopp's style, but that style clearly needs a refresh so I'm not sad to see him go.
Hopefully Klopp decides to change things around and Thiago benefits from a midfield with a bit more spark. We've then got Fabinho breaking up play and Henderson the driving force. We just need a creative/goalscorer. Easier said than done. Grealish would be great for us but we can't afford him. Tielemans maybe but it could all rest on a top 4 finish.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
tielmans isn't top notch enough.

gravenberch is the one to go for

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedJohn
I like Gini, decent enough player, hard-working and suits Klopp's style, but that style clearly needs a refresh so I'm not sad to see him go.
Hopefully Klopp decides to change things around and Thiago benefits from a midfield with a bit more spark. We've then got Fabinho breaking up play and Henderson the driving force. We just need a creative/goalscorer. Easier said than done. Grealish would be great for us but we can't afford him. Tielemans maybe but it could all rest on a top 4 finish.

When I see our spending in the last few years, we won't be able to afford any known top player, as simple, even worse if we don't qualify for CL. The Everton owners deserve to qualify for CL more than ours, while we can get lucky operating on a shoe string when it comes to transfers

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 17/04/21 08:49 AM.
EMP #637987 15/05/21 09:40 PM
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By EMP
tielmans isn't top notch enough.

gravenberch is the one to go for

This didn't grow too old.

The greats tend to get judged in the big games. Tielemans has scored some important goals for Leicester this season including against us and getting the winner in an FA Cup Final definitely is a step in the right direction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion