Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#637737 11/04/21 09:40 AM
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
We have been undone so many times this season on VAR decisions.
That goal chalked off yesterday for Bobby was another shining example of inconsistency in the way VAR is conducted. The angles they use are not definitive when they put their lines in place on a paused screen to check for offside. It's almost as if whoever is in the studio making the decision, is looking for a way to chalk it off. The angle used yesterday was in front of play and not straight in the line of sight. I've noticed this on several goals we've had overruled with VAR this season.

Anything that is that close has to be from all lines of sight in frames and to allow the Referee to make the final decision. The fact the Referee never even went pitch side to look at it on a monitor was all the more frustrating.

Pickles #637748 12/04/21 02:06 PM
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
If VAR stays like this it has to go. If they can apply some common sense and get it to function, just how have they managed to screw it up this badly?

jim_beam #637749 12/04/21 06:37 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
For me the only big problem with VAR is the offside checks, haven't seen that anywhere but in the EPL

Pickles #637750 12/04/21 08:53 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
The thing is now, when we score, I just don't celebrate, as I am expecting it to be chalked off, it has took the fun out of goals.

Seems to me the VAR person can draw the lines to suit the outcome they want as the technology is not that great with the thickness of lines and judgement when to take the still frame. Marginal calls like the weekends game should be given to the attacker, we want goals and excitement, also, the time taken is a joke, it was about 4 minutes for the VAR time, just before half time, then they add 3 minutes extra time for the whole half???

The only technology that has worked for me is the goal line, as that is definitive, yes or no, there is no judgement/analysis, even the notorious 2019 Mane/Salah v City 11mm we all accept as technology proved it was correct, even if the margin was absurd and technically, that cost us the PL that season.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion