Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#637735 11/04/21 07:29 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I think we would all agree that almost all teams know how we play now, especially our attackers, on top of that, our execution is way slower than previous seasons. I really feel we need to change a bit and take a bit more risks by playing 4 attacking players. Therefore, would put Salah in the CF position and play Mane on the right and Jota on the left. Mane was great of the right before that Salah took that position and both Mabe and Jota can shoot with both feet unlike Salah. Playing Mane on the right I think would help TAA as well as he tracks back more than Salah. And depending on the opponents, would play either Firmino or Tiago in the number 10 position

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 11/04/21 07:30 AM.
B
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
B
Interesting ER. Couple of points:

Salah playing as the no 9? Not Jota who seems more suited to that role?

I know Thiago a great player but I’m not sure he is suited to our style. Does seem to slow down play.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I have been getting ever more disappointed in Milner's contributions lately. He made so many bad passes yesterday and his engine is definitely on the wane. If Ox can't get in midfield before Milner then we need to sell him in the summer.

Milner needs to call it a day on his playing career, I'd gladly have him amongst our Coaching Staff though.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By BARTON42
Interesting ER. Couple of points:

Salah playing as the no 9? Not Jota who seems more suited to that role?

I know Thiago a great player but I’m not sure he is suited to our style. Does seem to slow down play.

Salah has played number 9 a number of times and every man and his dog know that he will try to bring it on his left foot to shoot, which is a problem playing on the right. Jota has been a winger all his life. Tiago is our best creative midfielder IMO

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Originally Posted By Pickles
I have been getting ever more disappointed in Milner's contributions lately. He made so many bad passes yesterday and his engine is definitely on the wane. If Ox can't get in midfield before Milner then we need to sell him in the summer.

Milner needs to call it a day on his playing career, I'd gladly have him amongst our Coaching Staff though.

Yeah I think the midfield needs a few changes.

Milner could still do a great job for a bottom half team, but shoudn't be starting for us. Keita's had enough chances and probably time for Ox to go. Both show signs of quality but if they can't stay fit, they'll never get a run of games to prove it.
I don't think Gini will be a great loss, things need freshening up to make us less predictable.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedJohn
Originally Posted By Pickles

Yeah I think the midfield needs a few changes.

Milner could still do a great job for a bottom half team, but shoudn't be starting for us. Keita's had enough chances and probably time for Ox to go. Both show signs of quality but if they can't stay fit, they'll never get a run of games to prove it.
I don't think Gini will be a great loss, things need freshening up to make us less predictable.

Yes, Milner is done now, probably still useful off the field, but lacking pace seriously now. As for Ox, he looks uninterested and Keita has been a mystery. However, with Wij also going, we will have to keep them as we won't get better for the money we'll get from them

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion