Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#637704 04/04/21 05:25 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I think there is little doubt that Jota is now our best option to play in the no. 9 position, but should Firmino also be in the mix as a number 10 and we play with 4 attacking players, yesterday, we scored at least 2 goals (not sure of the 3rd) when the 4 of them were on the pitch? This is how City plays, but their defence is much better than ours and they recoup the ball better than us. I would be tempted but still think the risk would be too high. What do you think?

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 04/04/21 05:26 PM.
EnergisedReds #637705 05/04/21 01:00 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
It works later in games to break teams down, I’d be worried about getting overrun in midfield early on in games.

I’d consider putting TAA as the right sided midfield player because he is much better upfield than in defense.

Pickles #637706 05/04/21 03:53 AM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
It works later in games to break teams down, I’d be worried about getting overrun in midfield early on in games.

I’d consider putting TAA as the right sided midfield player because he is much better upfield than in defense.

You want to put one of the world's best full backs in midfield when we don't have anybody good enough to play FB?

EnergisedReds #637709 05/04/21 12:48 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I don't think we could play 90 minutes with the 4 attackers together, as Pickles says, we world be too open in MF, I think it works better later in games when defenders are tired and for a short period we can overwhelm them.

Having a fresh 4th attacker on the bench who offers a real goal threat (Unlike Origi) and can change a game is a great asset to have, so we can replace a tiring attacker and give the opposition something else to worry about, giving us the option to change our attack.

For too many games earlier in the season, it seemed we were just doing the same thing again and again and it was not working, with no ability to change it, repeating the same pattern when we went behind to a lesser team, we had become predictable and did not have the ability to change, probably due to lack of key players/options and confidence.

Bobby still has a role to play, but more a squad player, to change things and freshen things up, as well as still being a starter like at the weekend, we now have 4 players capable of playing the front 3 roles, which is something we have lacked for a long time and we just hoped the front 3 stayed fit/in form.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion