Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
A
Klopp has come out with this update on VVD and Gomez.
Looks like any hopes anyone (me included) had of VVD possibly being ready for a possible semi final or beyond of CL are down the toilet with this news.

Is this now time to throw everything at 4th place? As impressive as we were against Leipzig I don't think we could hold off City or Bayern over 2 legs unless our front line really fire up.

It also looks like a clear indication that if certain players are not playing for us by the end of the season that we will not be allowing them to be exploited by their national teams after serious injuries.

What we don't want is recuperating players getting injured again before we have them back at Anfield.

Makes perfect sense otherwise we will be writing off next season before it has even started.

It was also interesting to hear Klopp the other day talking about CL and players wanting to play for the club purely because of CL. He said that if a player wants to play for us just because of CL that he doesn't want him. Now was that a message to potential signings or aimed at players we currently have ?

We have been linked with Mbappe and there may be ways this can be done with Nike in our corner. As tenuous as the links are it may yet happen. There are also stories going around about Werner being binned by Chelsea. Could Klopp turn him back into a player with a cheeky £35m bid?

I worry that with no CL the hunger may have gone for certain players who will be pushing 30 by the time we have sat a season out of the competition. I am also concerned that we will need to prevent becoming an ageing team in all areas of the pitch at the same time.

Obviously such moves would see us selling Salah AND Mane. This would be the last opportunity to sell at top prices.

Could a front 3 of Mbappe, Werner and Jota supplemented by Firmino work for us?

Klopp has distanced himself from the Germany job and says he expects to be with us for the next 3 years. He has got us to 3 European finals, won the PL and CL, Super Cup and World Club Cup. We had a near miss on 97 points and without the injuries and run of bad luck this season arguably would have nailed another big prize.

We have recycled our assets twice in the past very successfully so is it time now to do it again to get success in his last 3 years and have a good handover to the next manager?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Klopp has come out with this update on VVD and Gomez.
Looks like any hopes anyone (me included) had of VVD possibly being ready for a possible semi final or beyond of CL are down the toilet with this news.

Is this now time to throw everything at 4th place? As impressive as we were against Leipzig I don't think we could hold off City or Bayern over 2 legs unless our front line really fire up.

It also looks like a clear indication that if certain players are not playing for us by the end of the season that we will not be allowing them to be exploited by their national teams after serious injuries.

What we don't want is recuperating players getting injured again before we have them back at Anfield.

Makes perfect sense otherwise we will be writing off next season before it has even started.

It was also interesting to hear Klopp the other day talking about CL and players wanting to play for the club purely because of CL. He said that if a player wants to play for us just because of CL that he doesn't want him. Now was that a message to potential signings or aimed at players we currently have ?

We have been linked with Mbappe and there may be ways this can be done with Nike in our corner. As tenuous as the links are it may yet happen. There are also stories going around about Werner being binned by Chelsea. Could Klopp turn him back into a player with a cheeky £35m bid?

I worry that with no CL the hunger may have gone for certain players who will be pushing 30 by the time we have sat a season out of the competition. I am also concerned that we will need to prevent becoming an ageing team in all areas of the pitch at the same time.

Obviously such moves would see us selling Salah AND Mane. This would be the last opportunity to sell at top prices.

Could a front 3 of Mbappe, Werner and Jota supplemented by Firmino work for us?

Klopp has distanced himself from the Germany job and says he expects to be with us for the next 3 years. He has got us to 3 European finals, won the PL and CL, Super Cup and World Club Cup. We had a near miss on 97 points and without the injuries and run of bad luck this season arguably would have nailed another big prize.

We have recycled our assets twice in the past very successfully so is it time now to do it again to get success in his last 3 years and have a good handover to the next manager?

If we don't qualify for CL, we will buy FA and might even have so sell

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion