Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#637476 11/03/21 12:35 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Whether Kabac is worth £19m ? Maybe maybe not but he is young and seems to be adjusting to prem. Philips looking more solid by the week.

So for me those two quality back ups next season

VVD Assuming ok fitness wise a shoe in alongside him Matip or Gomez with kabac / Philips when one of the glass pair get injured ?

That might be enough next season if we have to spend big suggest its striker we need and maybe midfield assuming keita can't be relied upon?

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Whether Kabac is worth £19m ? Maybe maybe not but he is young and seems to be adjusting to prem. Philips looking more solid by the week.

So for me those two quality back ups next season

VVD Assuming ok fitness wise a shoe in alongside him Matip or Gomez with kabac / Philips when one of the glass pair get injured ?

That might be enough next season if we have to spend big suggest its striker we need and maybe midfield assuming keita can't be relied upon?

I still think we need to bring a proven top defender even if it means we need to let Kabak go, he is not good enough at least yet and we need to replace Origi

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I think Kabak's adapted quite quickly considering. He looks very assured/confident. Unless FSG are going to sanction a big CB signing, I'd keep him.
If this was fantasy football I'd sell both Matip and Gomez and bring in one proven, injury free CB to partner VvD.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By RedJohn
I think Kabak's adapted quite quickly considering. He looks very assured/confident. Unless FSG are going to sanction a big CB signing, I'd keep him.
If this was fantasy football I'd sell both Matip and Gomez and bring in one proven, injury free CB to partner VvD.

I agree, I do not see any better CB for under £20 million, so unless we have the money to go out and buy a top class CB we should keep him, he's young and has allot of potential, he is playing in one of the most difficult periods we have had under Klopp with the defense and MF a mess, so if he can look good now, he should be fine for the future.

Whether the CB is sorted long term depends on how VvD & Gomez come back from injury, I don't count Matip as he will always have injuries and his is not possible career changing, we won't know that until quite a while after they have started playing, hopefully they will be just as good, but they have had possible career changing injuries.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

I agree, I do not see any better CB for under £20 million, so unless we have the money to go out and buy a top class CB we should keep him, he's young and has allot of potential, he is playing in one of the most difficult periods we have had under Klopp with the defense and MF a mess, so if he can look good now, he should be fine for the future.

Whether the CB is sorted long term depends on how VvD & Gomez come back from injury, I don't count Matip as he will always have injuries and his is not possible career changing, we won't know that until quite a while after they have started playing, hopefully they will be just as good, but they have had possible career changing injuries.

He has looked too slow for our game even if he can get better passing the ball, he will not get as quick as Gomez, let alone VVD

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
No it's not sorted out yet. Totally different game to a PL match in many ways. We were 2-0 up from the start so there were always going to be gaps to exploit and we should have been out of sight after 25 mins.

That said those 2 have played together twice and kept 2 clean sheets. Always going to have a good chance of winning games if you keep a clean sheet. Phillips is looking like an uncompromising hard as nails CB. Play the man, ball an' all style of defending. How he got away without a booking on Weds I will never know but he just played it simple and when it needed row Z then that's where it went.

This tactic will work so well against a lot of teams who cannot string 10 or 15 passes together. I just hope we don't get City next because they will find us out and will take Fabinho out by hook or by crook.

Phillips has gone from a £750k player to a £15m player almost overnight but for our style of play he is not the answer. But he has more heart than I have seen for a long time in a red shirt.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Phillips would do really well for a mid-table team (like... us). Not the worst 4th choice CB and I'd take him over Lovren anyday.

Call it optimism but I think VvD will be back 100%. He's the perfect player to return from that kind of injury. Great reading of the game and intelligence negates the need for many crunching 50-50's. Calm on the ball and his pace is more of a stride than a sprint.
Gomez as mentioned, just seems brittle. I think Kabak will get the chance to learn from Vvd like Gomez has.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Phillips would do really well for a mid-table team (like... us). Not the worst 4th choice CB and I'd take him over Lovren anyday.

Call it optimism but I think VvD will be back 100%. He's the perfect player to return from that kind of injury. Great reading of the game and intelligence negates the need for many crunching 50-50's. Calm on the ball and his pace is more of a stride than a sprint.
Gomez as mentioned, just seems brittle. I think Kabak will get the chance to learn from Vvd like Gomez has.

Unless we stop playing the high line, we need pacy central defenders which neither Phillips nor Lovren are

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Unless we stop playing the high line, we need pacy central defenders which neither Phillips nor Lovren are

Sorry, Kabak

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Gini is the "Only" player to have played in every one of our PL games this season...I believe sorting his contract situation is up there with getting an experienced quality CB!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion