Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Yes I know we have had massive injuries this season.

I cant put my finger on it but I think there is much more to it than that. If you remember when we came out of the first lockdown before we won the title we were shakey then.

And pre October before our injury glut we were even more shakey and remember the Villa 7-1? that was with VVD.

Whether opposition have worked us our, our players have lost their hunger, Klopp is losing interest or ???

I don't know but there is a underlying reason I feel it. and its more than just injuries I am sure

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Agree, the injuries are one thing, but the performance fall off and the lack of tactical change by Klopp is a worry.

We could be looking at finishing in the bottom half of the table if this keeps on, teams have worked us out I think, we have lost the rock n roll style of play, as previously stated it would be hard to keep that style of play up for 2-3 seasons in a row

I think Klopp is out of ideas, the team (apart from the defence) picks itself, the front 3 are missfiring and Salah especially looks like he's had enough and wants away.

Jota injury which could have been avoided was a turning point, he freshened the attack up and we have missed his goals

People have mentioned this is Dortmund all over again, not sure what happened behind the scenes there, I would like to think Klopp had a plan b,c and d but it seems he doesnt, I thought this was just a blip but 5 straight home loses after 60+ games unbeaten is more than a blip

Lets hope beating Fulham and RB Leipzig this week gets us back on track

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
In all my years of watching football I've never seen such a complete mental collapse like this. 5 games in a row at home - club record. We were on top of the league in December after beating Palace 7-0 - then just fell completely apart.

Yes, injuries, covid, blah blah.... but Klopp and his players went from 'mentality giants' to mentality dwarves over night. What baffles me is how utterly stubborn Klopp is through all this - every game is a deja vu! 433 formation, suicide high line in defence, the tired out false 9 with the same front 3 every game. He never tries anything different - refuses to change anything from game to game - I don't get it. We have 60-70% of the ball every game, go side to side slowly, trying to pick the lock and score perfect goals (like Arsenal). That never works so we then hit aimless balls over the top or spam crosses to no-one. As soon as the opposition scores on the break we are beaten - no matter what time in the game it is. We've scored one goal at Anfield in 2021 and it's March.

I've never seen anything quite like it. Spurs and Arsenal will pass us and we will finish 10th. At least we won't have to play Europa league next season.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I have never seen anything like it either there was also the rumour of the fight between Allison and Robertson that was never really denied. Which indicates things are at sea at the moment with players blaming one another

Subbing salah was a clear message by klopp last night also clearly

That said I still have full faith in klopp but something needs to be done close season with new arrivals klopp needs to take a leaf from fergies book, fergie knew when replacements were needed so did Paisley.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Yes I know we have had massive injuries this season.

I cant put my finger on it but I think there is much more to it than that. If you remember when we came out of the first lockdown before we won the title we were shakey then.

And pre October before our injury glut we were even more shakey and remember the Villa 7-1? that was with VVD.

Whether opposition have worked us our, our players have lost their hunger, Klopp is losing interest or ???

I don't know but there is a underlying reason I feel it. and its more than just injuries I am sure

I think it's a complete burn out of Klopp and a few players have lost interest

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A

I look at Thiago coming in and getting £200k a week from day one.

Given what was built by Klopp and then built upon again over the last 2 seasons it really must be a smack in the face for some of our players to see this happening. It's going to be a long cold day in hell before our owners sanction something on that level again given the return on their investment.

Injuries, covid, injuries, family tragedies, more injuries, poor VAR decisions, deaths of high profile ex players, yet more injuries. You could not make this stuff up. Every little thing that happens has an adverse effect on everyone.

I see us finishing 8th or 9th through sheer lack of motivation and self preservation against further injuries. Klopp has more than Plan A about him. Problem is he is somewhere between Plan J and Plan M at the moment but some of our experienced players cannot go beyond plan B it seems.

I see us getting beat by Fulham as we focus on the CL on Weds. I also see us going out in the most unlucky way to Leipzig on Weds by a 3-1 "home" defeat in the last minute at a neutral ground on away goals. It's the sort of thing that is just waiting to happen to us.

You couldn't make this stuff up but that scenario is far more likely than us winning the CL this season which is our only way of making any European football next year.

Ask yourself as a fan would you rather have this and a way forward with Klopp and returning players of would you rather be like Chelsea sacking a very popular manager and turning it around.

I'm still with Klopp.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty

I look at Thiago coming in and getting £200k a week from day one.

Given what was built by Klopp and then built upon again over the last 2 seasons it really must be a smack in the face for some of our players to see this happening. It's going to be a long cold day in hell before our owners sanction something on that level again given the return on their investment.

Injuries, covid, injuries, family tragedies, more injuries, poor VAR decisions, deaths of high profile ex players, yet more injuries. You could not make this stuff up. Every little thing that happens has an adverse effect on everyone.

I see us finishing 8th or 9th through sheer lack of motivation and self preservation against further injuries. Klopp has more than Plan A about him. Problem is he is somewhere between Plan J and Plan M at the moment but some of our experienced players cannot go beyond plan B it seems.

I see us getting beat by Fulham as we focus on the CL on Weds. I also see us going out in the most unlucky way to Leipzig on Weds by a 3-1 "home" defeat in the last minute at a neutral ground on away goals. It's the sort of thing that is just waiting to happen to us.

You couldn't make this stuff up but that scenario is far more likely than us winning the CL this season which is our only way of making any European football next year.

Ask yourself as a fan would you rather have this and a way forward with Klopp and returning players of would you rather be like Chelsea sacking a very popular manager and turning it around.

I'm still with Klopp.

If Chelsea hadn't sacked Lamps, they wouldn't be in the top 4, i said it last week, the Chelsea turnaround has been incredible

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
We can all love Klopp and thank him for the great times but a manager of Liverpool team that loses 5 Anfield games in a row must be at the end of his job.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli
We can all love Klopp and thank him for the great times but a manager of Liverpool team that loses 5 Anfield games in a row must be at the end of his job.

Depends how much our weak bench is his doing, why didn't we buy a top CB instead of a couple of cheapies, why didn't we replace Origi with someone like Haland instead of Mina.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By Oli

Understand the frustration but talk like this in my opinion anyway is bloody ridiculous.

The guy has literally got us to a final every season, won us the champions league and premier league back to back on a shoestring budget, but please, if you know someone else who could do that for our club tell us who? Especially against City and Pep.

Look he may well be coming to the end of his time but to boot him out of the door early is daft. There is every chance when we have most of our players available and a couple of new signings and tweaks we are going again next season. If next season starts off as dire as this then get rid that is fair enough.

Tuchel winning the league or europe next season is a certainty is it?

I think Klopp has enough credit in the bank to have a bit of time to get over a poor spell if he chooses.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion