Rate Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
#637359 28/02/21 04:52 PM
S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Lance Forman is a former Brexit Party member of the European Parliament and a prominent brexit supporter.

He is also the owner of UK based salmon smokehouse H. Forman & Sons and has now said that the UK government should compensate the seafood industry for Brexit-related disruption

Now I can understand the Fisheries Minister Victoria Prentis not reading the agreement as she was busy preparing for a nativity trail but surely Lance might have had a quick glance at the section on fishing given his business interests.

This is post-brexit britain right now.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Most of the problems as I understand it in the fishing industry are not due to the agreement but spite from the EU being over zealous or plain obstructive. But I agree problems exist in that industry and they will be sorted. But let's get some perspective it's important for those businesses but a microscopic part of our economy

I watched the budget today all the way through brexit never got a mention once it's the least of the nations troubles not even small change. And we do have troubles

However for one man in Derry brexit is the most important issue in the world. Long may that continue as harmless, unlike sectarianism.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Most of the problems as I understand it in the fishing industry are not due to the agreement but spite from the EU being over zealous or plain obstructive. But I agree problems exist in that industry and they will be sorted. But let's get some perspective it's important for those businesses but a microscopic part of our economy

I watched the budget today all the way through brexit never got a mention once it's the least of the nations troubles not even small change. And we do have troubles

However for one man in Derry brexit is the most important issue in the world. Long may that continue as harmless, unlike sectarianism.

And yet again, even though you have left the EU you are still blaming them for all your problems. I thought you had taken back control?

No comment on your government breaking International Law, it's becoming quite the habit.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
As for fishing.....

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/hapless-defra-secretary-eustice-humiliated-and-schooled-by-the-eu/

George Eustace wrote to the EU expressing surprise over shellfish.

The EU wrote back to Eustice two days later, reminding him of the letter he'd written to stakeholders on Dec 10 detailing the position - the one he was claiming to have been surprised by.

Never mind the agreement, they aren't even reading their own letters

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
On the day the British chancellor produced a budget that anyone with any intelligence and knowledge would be fearful of the future you create a post about Brexit and the fishing industry. Oh how I wish I lived in your simple unknowing world.

There will be no sunlit uplands in western economies for 40 years or more the debt (as the chancellor said yesterday) was equivalent to world war two.

Brexit and the brexit deal is microscopic in relation to the challenges we face. Is the Brexit deal perfect NO and whose fault is that ? In my view those British politicians who for years worked against British interests and frustrated all and every attempt to get the best deal possible and the public who supported them, people like you.

However I am confident Boris will fix the gaps and the agreement has legal breakpoints and review points and at that stages these minor issues will be resolved and or the industries will adjust to them.

I can always tell when someone knows very little online they post links. Heres a scenario I worry about and you will find no link as I worked it out myself.

150 billion in savings people have not spent in lockdown sunaks budget yesterday 7.5% growth in 2022 (the biggest for 80 years) = overheated economy 2024 /5 inflation / interest rate rises / contraction / stagflation. Not just in UK but the entire western world. Might not happen I hope not but here's you worrying about the fishing industry and Brexit.

Must be nice to be so naive

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
On the day the British chancellor produced a budget that anyone with any intelligence and knowledge would be fearful of the future you create a post about Brexit and the fishing industry. Oh how I wish I lived in your simple unknowing world.

There will be no sunlit uplands in western economies for 40 years or more the debt (as the chancellor said yesterday) was equivalent to world war two.

Brexit and the brexit deal is microscopic in relation to the challenges we face. Is the Brexit deal perfect NO and whose fault is that ? In my view those British politicians who for years worked against British interests and frustrated all and every attempt to get the best deal possible and the public who supported them, people like you.

However I am confident Boris will fix the gaps and the agreement has legal breakpoints and review points and at that stages these minor issues will be resolved and or the industries will adjust to them.

I can always tell when someone knows very little online they post links. Heres a scenario I worry about and you will find no link as I worked it out myself.

150 billion in savings people have not spent in lockdown sunaks budget yesterday 7.5% growth in 2022 (the biggest for 80 years) = overheated economy 2024 /5 inflation / interest rate rises / contraction / stagflation. Not just in UK but the entire western world. Might not happen I hope not but here's you worrying about the fishing industry and Brexit.

This is a thread on brexit. I thought the title might give it away. But it seems brexiters don't read anything.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Still haven't understood why British politicians would work against the interests of the British people

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 04/03/21 06:27 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Still haven't understood why British politicians would work against the interests of the British people

It is surprising I agree but many work for themselves politics is complicated and working a niche to develop a career superceeds loyalty to the nation an oath on which they all swear on being elected. British politicians are not well thought of by the public in general terms and voter turn out is low.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Any negative Brexit hangovers are a tiny sideshow compared to the seismic events and risks we face with the terrifying debt we have had to take on with Covid. To put in perspective the 2008 banking crash we borrowed 150 billion (which we still haven't paid off). To make a hole in that took 10 years of austerity.

Covid we have borrowed £400 billion.

Most people of even moderate intelligence can easily work out the risks we face over the next 20 years of economic dips, interest rate rises, etc.

Except for our agent in Derry who is blissfully letting it all sail over.

Oh how I envy him

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
[quote=Stanley Park]Any negative Brexit hangovers are a tiny sideshow compared to the seismic events and risks we face with the terrifying debt we have had to take on with Covid. To put in perspective the 2008 banking crash we borrowed 150 billion (which we still haven't paid off). To make a hole in that took 10 years of austerity.

Covid we have borrowed £400 billion.

Most people of even moderate intelligence can easily work out the risks we face over the next 20 years of economic dips, interest rate rises, etc.

Except for our agent in Derry who is blissfully letting it all sail over.

Oh how I envy him

This is a thread on brexit and as you think brexit has been a great success you will have no problem answering these questions below.

Also could you let us know your feelings on your government breaking international law again?

A reaction to Ulster loyalists withdrawing their support for the Good Friday Agreement would also be appreciated.

If brexit is such a success you will have no problem answering a few questions as you have read the WIthdrawal Agreement in its entirety, describing it as a fantastic achievement. Obviously apart from the N. Ireland Protcol which you immediately highlighted as a problen. No hold on, you didn't. .

If brexit is such a success why is the International Trade Secretary, Liz Truss refusing to answer questions about the problems facing british exporters trading with the EU. This is despite a written request from members of 6 different political groups in westminister.

If brexit is such a success why won't the british government publish an impact asssessment report of the trade deal with the EU. What have they to hide. Surely that would silence the doubters, calm businesses and map a clear route to the sunlit uplands.

If after brexit there are only a "few problems with paperwork on exports to the EU", why have the british government allocated £20 million to help small businesses with border issues and £30 million compensation to the fishing industry for disruption in the wake of brexit.

If brexit is such a success why is the british government advising british businesses to set up hubs in the EU (Bloody foreigners, over there in europe stealing our jobs)

If brexit is such a success why is it that the Bank of England expects the City of London to lose £25 trillion to £89 trillion in European derivatives trading business over the next year.

Do we have to wait 10 years (Rabb) 20 years (you) or 50 years (Rees Mogg) to see the sunlit uplands.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/...nson-trade-deal

I thought this deal was a fantastic achievement.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
As far I am concerned the sunlit uplands are here now. Freedom

Why anyone would want to be in the failing autocratic EU amazes me. Even the Eastern European countries who have done very well out of the EU are rebelling

Germany vaccinations 6% U.K. 30% many of the items in last weeks budget could not have been done where we under the yoke of the EU

Britain is preparing a major shift to sell services around the globe adding hundreds of billions to our trade something impossible while in the EU

Best decision the British people ever made to get out of the failing EU

Last edited by Stanley Park; 07/03/21 01:12 PM.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
[quote=Stanley Park]As far I am concerned the sunlit uplands are here now. Freedom
When was your country invaded?

Why anyone would want to be in the failing autocratic EU amazes me. Even the Eastern European countries who have done very well out of the EU are rebelling
Possibly being part of the world's largest most affluent market place might be a factor

Germany vaccinations 6% U.K. 30% many of the items in last weeks budget could not have been done where we under the yoke of the EU
Also well ahead of europe when it comes to covid deaths. Please list all the things you announced in last weeks budget that you couldn't do before you left the EU.

Britain is preparing a major shift to sell services around the globe adding hundreds of billions to our trade something impossible while in the EU
Sources and supporting evidence please. People thinking they were going to get a free unicorn got you into this mess.

Best decision the British people ever made to get out of the failing EU
Only the british people didn't make the decision. Scotland and N. Ireland voted to remain. Also, can you provide evidence proving that the EU is failing

Apart from these queries I found your post very stirring and patriotic. I'm off to watch the dam busters

On the subject of your budget. I have to say the announcement of £350 million per week for the HNS now that you have left the EU was kept very quiet.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The moving of the £50 to £100 contactless card would not have been possible while in the EU. A small matter yes sure but an indication of how deeply the EU was micro managing the UK. The £350m a week on the NHS is delivered except it's north of £500m a week and will be a lot more when our tiger economy takes off. I am not going to bother listing the failings of the EU currently if you can't be bothering reading newspapers and watching the news why should I do it for you?

You hate Britain I get that but not enough to leave Britain it seems and move the short distance to the Republic. Your words are a long way from your actions

Many British people voted to remain in the EU but they have accepted we have left and are never going back. Only bitter idiots want Britain to do badly to prove they were right

Sadly such people do exist

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Although I don't know I would imagine the British governments major initiative reported today on global services is against EU competition laws

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
The moving of the £50 to £100 contactless card would not have been possible while in the EU. A small matter yes sure but an indication of how deeply the EU was micro managing the UK. The £350m a week on the NHS is delivered except it's north of £500m a week and will be a lot more when our tiger economy takes off. I am not going to bother listing the failings of the EU currently if you can't be bothering reading newspapers and watching the news why should I do it for you?

You hate Britain I get that but not enough to leave Britain it seems and move the short distance to the Republic. Your words are a long way from your actions

Many British people voted to remain in the EU but they have accepted we have left and are never going back. Only bitter idiots want Britain to do badly to prove they were right

Sadly such people do exist

That seriously is the brexit dividend up to this point. You can withdraw more cash from an ATM. I hate to disappoint you but.......

On March 2020 the Netherlands raised the contactless limit from €50 - €100. I think you will find the Netherlands is part of the EU.

https://www.finextra.com/newsarticle/35493/dutch-banks-raise-contactless-limits-for-pin-entry#:~:text=The%20cumulative%20limit%20for%20contactless,the%20case%20from%20now%20on.

Strange that your government has introduced a £30.1bn cut in day-to-day spending on health in the budget from April this year. That's at a time when waiting lists are at an all time high.

Tiger economy grin ( any facts to back up this wild claim, it's just I haven't received my unicorn from the last time) -

I live in the north of Ireland as an Irish citizen, where we still enjoy many of the benefits of EU membership. I don't need to move. It's the unionists that are annoyed, not the nationalists.

You are still obsessed with remainers. Brexit has been delivered, the problem you people have is that you now have to deliver on the ludicrous promises that you made.

Any comment on your government breaching international law again? You are becoming quite the rogue state!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Brexit was about how we are governed the British people chose self-determination and that has been delivered (eventually).

Thats pretty much all there is to it. How we do economically as a nation depends on many factors many outside our control. But the main factor is us, the British People, if we succeed so will our nation.

I believe the ability to shape our laws and regulation will give Britain an advantage economically but that wasn't the reason I voted for Brexit it was to be governed only by elected British politicians. Something I would have thought an Irish nationalist would grasp.

Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom which is not in the EU. Granted there are some trade nuances in that region due to its connectivity to the republic if that makes you happy good for you.

Britain is no longer part of nor do I ever believe it will be part of the EU ever again. Lets say you are right Brexit is a disaster and the people of the United Kingdom are in dire poverty as a citizen of the United Kingdom how does that benefit you ?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
uk really needs to have a heart to heart with itself.

racist royal family- with pedo's locked up in the tower

elected a racist prime minister

windrush scandal

grenfell tower

brexit

alt right nutjob incompetent foolish govt

rupert murdoch telling u how to feel and act.

crisis time

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP

windrush scandal

grenfell tower

brexit

crisis time

someone has been watching Meghan's interview on ITV and it seems to have stirred up our resident revolutionary warrior

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP

windrush scandal

grenfell tower

brexit

crisis time

someone has been watching Meghan's interview on ITV and it seems to have stirred up our resident revolutionary warrior

yeah it was great lol

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
the oppressed LA celebrity billionaires need a voice and good to see Emp is behind their cause. Some of them have to survive on 14-bed mansions, private jets, grinding poverty.

Up the socialist revolution so we can save them.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
the oppressed LA celebrity billionaires need a voice and good to see Emp is behind their cause. Some of them have to survive on 14-bed mansions, private jets, grinding poverty.

Up the socialist revolution so we can save them.

I understood that the problem was the racist comments isn't it, should the rich be immune according to you?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
he will be having a go at raheem sterling mansion buying next lol..daily mail MO

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Did you see the bit where Meghan had to learn the words to the British national anthem by googling on her phone?

No human being should have to go through such torture and that alone has to be worth a couple of million compensation.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
yeah well no compensation they are investigating her instead.. they still not announced when they starting the investigation of the pedo , who is still in line for the crown and also keeps all his titles and free money.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
The UK has announced further delays to post-Brexit import controls, despite warnings the move will be a boon for tax cheats and smugglers.

But Michael Gove has now delayed them until October and next January respectively.

Taking back control grin

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Brexit was about how we are governed the British people chose self-determination and that has been delivered (eventually).

Thats pretty much all there is to it. How we do economically as a nation depends on many factors many outside our control. But the main factor is us, the British People, if we succeed so will our nation.

I believe the ability to shape our laws and regulation will give Britain an advantage economically but that wasn't the reason I voted for Brexit it was to be governed only by elected British politicians. Something I would have thought an Irish nationalist would grasp.

Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom which is not in the EU. Granted there are some trade nuances in that region due to its connectivity to the republic if that makes you happy good for you.

Britain is no longer part of nor do I ever believe it will be part of the EU ever again. Lets say you are right Brexit is a disaster and the people of the United Kingdom are in dire poverty as a citizen of the United Kingdom how does that benefit you ?

United Kingdom? Really?

Scotland and Northern Ireland both voted remain, so they had brexit imposed on them.

Unionists who voted for brexit have had a border down the Irish sea imposed on them.

Your government has broken International Law, reneging on a deal it negotiated and signed off on.

You wanted to be governed by elected british politicians. Would you care to comment on Dominic Cummings and David Frost?

But the main factor is us, the British People, if we succeed so will our nation.
I'm not even sure what that means but it would look fine on the side of a bus.

But you promised us sunlit uplands and unicorns. How could brexit possibly fail. Do you not hold all the cards?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Ministers have staff and advisers not only in UK but every country in the world. Not aware that Britain has been tried in an international court for breaking the law. Britain voted to leave the EU as the United Kingdom separating Scotland and Northern Island has no meaning.

We voted as a nation counted the votes and we (eventually) implemented what the majority in the United Kingdom voted for.

7 years on and you are still arguing over the maths how crazy is that? You come across as dogmatic to the point of mental illness mind you, you still have not come to terms with immigration to Northern Ireland 400 years ago so I should not be surprised

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Ministers have staff and advisers not only in UK but every country in the world. Not aware that Britain has been tried in an international court for breaking the law. Britain voted to leave the EU as the United Kingdom separating Scotland and Northern Island has no meaning.

We voted as a nation counted the votes and we (eventually) implemented what the majority in the United Kingdom voted for.

7 years on and you are still arguing over the maths how crazy is that? You come across as dogmatic to the point of mental illness mind you, you still have not come to terms with immigration to Northern Ireland 400 years ago so I should not be surprised

A brexiter is asked to comment on britain's post brexit import controls being extended and starts talking about 400 years ago.

So far the benefits you have listed have been that is isn't as bad as you expected it to be and you can withdraw more money from an ATM. Just like the Netherlands, which managed that without having to leave the EU.

Care to comment on Bojo spaffing £37 billion on your world beating test and trace scheme.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
To repeat for the 400th time we are a free country we are no longer governed externally by the EU, which was on the ballot paper. The people decided and it's been implemented

End of story

I recall nothing on the ballot paper in 2016 about Boris Johnsons track and trace.

Anyone in Northern Ireland unhappy with the current Democratic status of the UK is free to leave. The Republic of Ireland is the obvious choice.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
To repeat for the 400th time we are a free country we are no longer governed externally by the EU, which was on the ballot paper. The people decided and it's been implemented

End of story

I recall nothing on the ballot paper in 2016 about Boris Johnsons track and trace.

Anyone in Northern Ireland unhappy with the current Democratic status of the UK is free to leave. The Republic of Ireland is the obvious choice.

For the 401st time, who invaded your country? Also can you please list those new freedoms that you now enjoy as a result of brexit.

And your solution for those unionists in Northern Ireland who voted for brexit and are unhappy is to move to the Republic of Ireland. Utterly brilliant.

I am starting to understand how brexit happened.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The EU never militarily invaded the UK (I am not sure they have the capability) but we were invaded politically. We never voted to join the EU and we were not willing participants. Millions were joining UKIP and reluctantly our elite gave the ordinary people a vote. And the British people took it with both hands.

I presume you dislike the British Empire ? you being an Irish rebel etc etc you might be interested to know not all the British Empire was by military invasion. The EU is not unlike the old British Empire in many ways.

Whether you understand Brexit or not, no one cares its DONE ! done and dusted, end of. Most sensible people get on with their lives

You have two options campaign for the UK to re-join or leave the UK. You choose neither taking pot shots at your own country is your role in life. If you call that life.

Last edited by Stanley Park; 15/03/21 04:04 PM.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
The EU never militarily invaded the UK (I am not sure they have the capability) but we were invaded politically. We never voted to join the EU and we were not willing participants. Millions were joining UKIP and reluctantly our elite gave the ordinary people a vote. And the British people took it with both hands.

I presume you dislike the British Empire ? you being an Irish rebel etc etc you might be interested to know not all the British Empire was by military invasion. The EU is not unlike the old British Empire in many ways.

Whether you understand Brexit or not, no one cares its DONE ! done and dusted, end of. Most sensible people get on with their lives

You have two options campaign for the UK to re-join or leave the UK. You choose neither taking pot shots at your own country is your role in life. If you call that life.

The EU never militarily invaded the UK
There's your answer.

Could you please list the names of the countries the EU has invaded.

Unfortunately the UK is discovering that brexit and it's consequences are just beginning. You burying your head in the sand doesn't change that.

What makes you think the EU would take you back. I see the EU has launched legal action against perfidious albion today.

Taking back control - Just not of your own borders.

Brexit is the gift that keeps on giving.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
British Exports to EU

Jan 2020 v Jan 2021

Pork -70%

Beef -68%

Beer -62%

Source: Agricultural Industries Federation

Sunlit uplands indeed

Last edited by Shaggydog; 15/03/21 11:25 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
British Exports to EU

Jan 2020 v Jan 2021

Pork -70%

Beef -68%

Beer -62%

Sunlit uplands indeed

Doesn't matter, Brexiters did it to feel independent, which is more ideological than anything else, unless lives of a majority really becomes harder, instead of a few exporters and others who run the economy, things will not change

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
British Exports to EU

Jan 2020 v Jan 2021

Pork -70%

Beef -68%

Beer -62%

Sunlit uplands indeed

And ? of course trade was lower in the first month after we left the EU as companies adjust and destocking from December. And there is the small matter of Covid 19 which possibly might be affecting ever so slightly. We left the EU for the long term not a month. And as vish rightly says we left the EU for reasons other than economic and after all these posts you have still not highlighted the benefits of the EU just silly unreseached pot shots from your googling attempts. You really are an oddball. Still if all you are ranting about these days is Brexit and not sectarian hatred that's progress

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
British Exports to EU

Jan 2020 v Jan 2021

Pork -70%

Beef -68%

Beer -62%

Sunlit uplands indeed

And ? of course trade was lower in the first month after we left the EU as companies adjust and destocking from December. And there is the small matter of Covid 19 which possibly might be affecting ever so slightly. We left the EU for the long term not a month. And as vish rightly says we left the EU for reasons other than economic and after all these posts you have still not highlighted the benefits of the EU just silly unreseached pot shots from your googling attempts. You really are an oddball. Still if all you are ranting about these days is Brexit and not sectarian hatred that's progress

Benefits of the EU is on your economy because no trade will be able to replace what you had with the EU and your financial services has already started ti suffer, however, the effects will be felt in the medium to long term. That said, your choice was not based on economics but on ideology. For now, everything is lost in the Covid recession

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
British Exports to EU

Jan 2020 v Jan 2021

Pork -70%

Beef -68%

Beer -62%

Sunlit uplands indeed

But I would agree that being out of the EU has helped the vaccination in UK, definitely

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
None of us can predict future economies not the British government or any government or the best analysts in the world.

If any of us could we would be trillionaires many times over.

In my view I think long term Britain will be better economically out of the EU. But I could be wrong. Only time will tell lets discuss in 10 years. But even then the variables are so complex no one could ever measure anyway.

By the way vish the pound in increasing now that must please you ?

But to repeat again and again even if the economy ends up worse that was not, nor ever will be, why I voted to leave the EU. It was a number of reasons and the economy was not the highest on the list.

Whoever is right whoever was wrong in 2016 it matters not because Britain is out of the EU and never coming back.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
awwww we really miss u

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
The problem for brexiters is that they won

Those who campaigned for it now have to deliver those unicorns they promised and lead us all to the sunlit uplands.

So far we have been told that the main bonuses are that it isn't as bad as it might have been and we can withdraw more cash from ATM machines. Same as Holland in the EU

Now we are being told it wasn't all about the economy as the economy discovers the cost of cost of becoming a 3rd country.

But they do have their blue passports and oodles of sovreignty.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
they also have boris and the alt right morons running the place for the foreseeable future.. 1980's retro style

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
None of us can predict future economies not the British government or any government or the best analysts in the world.

If any of us could we would be trillionaires many times over.

In my view I think long term Britain will be better economically out of the EU. But I could be wrong. Only time will tell lets discuss in 10 years. But even then the variables are so complex no one could ever measure anyway.

By the way vish the pound in increasing now that must please you ?

But to repeat again and again even if the economy ends up worse that was not, nor ever will be, why I voted to leave the EU. It was a number of reasons and the economy was not the highest on the list.

Whoever is right whoever was wrong in 2016 it matters not because Britain is out of the EU and never coming back.

Yes, I am happy with the pound up

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
don't be happy, human races time is up. we [oops] it

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Those who campaigned for it now have to deliver those unicorns they promised and lead us all to the sunlit uplands.

So far we have been told that the main bonuses are that it isn't as bad as it might have been and we can withdraw more cash from ATM machines. Same as Holland in the EU

Now we are being told it wasn't all about the economy as the economy discovers the cost of cost of becoming a 3rd country.

No such thing as a brexiteer we had a national Democratic vote the first for 40 years and its now been implemented. That's the end of it whether its good or bad we will have to see.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP

I think you might be right with that one, mother nature always wins and its not if but when.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S

No such thing as a brexiteer we had a national Democratic vote the first for 40 years and its now been implemented. That's the end of it whether its good or bad we will have to see.

No such thing as a brexiteer and yet.........

Only the pig headed and remain ultras deny it has been a success.

Just how far are you planning on moving the goals on your assessment of Bojo's brexit deal

Is it

(A) "The big picture is it's a resounding success"

(B) "Sure there are problems".

(C) "We trade with the EU largely on the same terms as before its the
best of all worlds".

(D) "We have our cake and we have eaten it"

(E) the deal its a fantastic achievement".

(F) "The northern Irish protocol so called should not be there and it
will have to change".

(G) " I don't deny the unionists feel betrayed and I don't blame them
they have been sold down the river".

(H) "We left the EU for reasons other than economic".

And a bonus question

How many vaccines has the UK sent to other countries?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP

I think you might be right with that one, mother nature always wins and its not if but when.

its not mother nature, its motherf**kers

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I see Derry is right on the Irish border nothing to stop an EU fan from moving the short distance over the border (still be near family and friends) but live in the glorious EU. Where of, course there are zero problems.

The fact you don't choose to move tells me you don't hate blighty quite as much as you make out. You know where its best to be.

That doesn't stop you disparaging your nation at every opportunity and there's nothing wrong in that, we are a free country. And of course everyone needs a hobby and that's yours.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
tis a bit weird that right wingers always go to " get out , move home" thing.. just a massive bit racist.. didn't that mad nick ferrari say that to a black women too. crazy.. its a persons home, they can want to stay home and also be totally peed off at political directions.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
I see Derry is right on the Irish border nothing to stop an EU fan from moving the short distance over the border (still be near family and friends) but live in the glorious EU. Where of, course there are zero problems.

The fact you don't choose to move tells me you don't hate blighty quite as much as you make out. You know where its best to be.

That doesn't stop you disparaging your nation at every opportunity and there's nothing wrong in that, we are a free country. And of course everyone needs a hobby and that's yours.

You aren't even attempting to justify brexit anymore just shouting if you don't like it go somewhere else.

Not everyone who voted for brexit was racist, but everyone who was racist voted for brexit. This seems very appropriate in this case.

A hater has to hate. It was the EU before and this week it's the Irish.
It's what you do. You have let hatred consume you.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
the fact he is a racist is not something new, i don't think he would even deny it.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Pulling the race card (particularly on a debate between three white men) is plumbing new depths of desperation.

It's very obvious to me you are no more a fan of the EU than I am and you know where's best for you and that's post-Brexit Britain. Good call I agree with you and so it seems do many others some illegally risking their lives to get from the EU to Britain. They have obviously not got the memo about how bad Britain is.

As for yourself you are the ultimate hater that's all you do, however the fact you now seem to be hating democratic decisions rather than people with a different religion is progress.

Lets me grateful for that

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Pulling the race card (particularly on a debate between three white men) is plumbing new depths of desperation.

It's very obvious to me you are no more a fan of the EU than I am and you know where's best for you and that's post-Brexit Britain. Good call I agree with you and so it seems do many others some illegally risking their lives to get from the EU to Britain. They have obviously not got the memo about how bad Britain is.

As for yourself you are the ultimate hater that's all you do, however the fact you now seem to be hating democratic decisions rather than people with a different religion is progress.

Lets me grateful for that

3 white men in this conversation and 2 of them think you are racist.

You know what they say " if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck"

As for illegal immigrants, surely you have taken back control of your borders.

But on the plus side, think how happy all those british fish are these days.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
You are the one who started this post sarcastically saying Brexit and the sunlit uplands. Nothing the UK or post-Brexit Britain will ever do anything positive in your mind.

Claiming people are racist for opposing your view of the world pretty much sums you up.

But none of this is anything to do with Brexit, is it? It's about what's in your mind, you see yourself as a victim, a victim due to someone else's fault.

Anything wrong with your life is due to you and until you understand that you will be utterly miserable

But I can see there is not a hope of you doing anything about it. Which is rather sad if you are a victim its not the British you are a victim of the bigotry you grew up with and now its consumed you.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
You are the one who started this post sarcastically saying Brexit and the sunlit uplands. Nothing the UK or post-Brexit Britain will ever do anything positive in your mind.

Claiming people are racist for opposing your view of the world pretty much sums you up.

But none of this is anything to do with Brexit, is it? It's about what's in your mind, you see yourself as a victim, a victim due to someone else's fault.

Anything wrong with your life is due to you and until you understand that you will be utterly miserable

But I can see there is not a hope of you doing anything about it. Which is rather sad if you are a victim its not the British you are a victim of the bigotry you grew up with and now its consumed you.

I'm afraid when it comes to sunlit uplands you are actually contradicting yourself.

"There will be no sunlit uplands in western economies for 40 years or more".

"As far I am concerned the sunlit uplands are here now".

6 pages on brexit and it's impact and the best you have managed is that it isn't as bad as you thought it was going to be.

Your views on the withdrawal agreement have moved so far that they have travelled full circle.

You have blamed everyone for the Northern Ireland Protocol apart from the man who agreed to it and signed off on it.

You have dismissed those who have struggled as a result of the UK becoming a 3rd country as the losers in this new reality.

You have offered no answers just desperately tried to start a sectarian argument with Irish people.

Your solution for those who point out the disadvantages of this new reality: If you don't like it, go and live in the EU.

Taking back control isn't all it's cracked up to be is it.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
take back control lol.. seems like the facist alt right lunatic tories are taking away everything... can't see any govt deals , they all hidden from parliament now , and u can't protest anyway .

jesus hell, it is that GOVT from V from Vendetta !

shocking stuff how quick the nazis are imposing violent force on their people. the nhs is getting sold , the economy is going to crap, and if people try and protest it they get 10yrs in jail.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If it's the sunlit uplands you want I would not bother with the EU they are in a right mess the Covid crisis has shown that lumbering organisation for what it is, thank god we got out.

I know plenty of remainers I don't know one who has left Britain to live in the EU. There's a reason for that and that once we committed to leaving there is not one political party suggesting we rejoin the EU. That says it all.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
take back control lol.. seems like the facist alt right lunatic tories are taking away everything... can't see any govt deals , they all hidden from parliament now , and u can't protest anyway .

shocking stuff how quick the nazis are imposing violent force on their people. the nhs is getting sold , the economy is going to crap, and if people try and protest it they get 10yrs in jail.

I suppose the thugs in Bristol were right up your street ? toytown revolutionaries who will need mummy and daddy to bail them out when they get to court, as they will. Every economy in the world has taken a huge hit due to covid. Including I read the republic of Ireland with soaring unemployment. I would imagine also the lack of tourism is hitting you hard, given its a big part of your economy.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
If it's the sunlit uplands you want I would not bother with the EU they are in a right mess the Covid crisis has shown that lumbering organisation for what it is, thank god we got out.

I know plenty of remainers I don't know one who has left Britain to live in the EU. There's a reason for that and that once we committed to leaving there is not one political party suggesting we rejoin the EU. That says it all.

Would that be the lumbering EU that has sent over 9 million vaccines to the UK?

Part of over 35 million vaccines the EU has sent to countries throughout the world.

Global britain has sent a grand total of zero vaccines to other countries throughout the world. You must be so proud.

What is your obsession with people having to leave their own country because brexit has realised their worst fears.

Your argument is basically - we brexiters created this mess but if you remainers don't like it you can leave. # national unity.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The EU has sent no vaccines to the UK they are privately owned companies (most of them Astazenica) and British Companies. Contracted by the British Government which was 3 months before the EU got moving. One of the companies supplying the Vaccine is a french company based in the UK.

You are never one to research anything are you?

In the future globalised world the economies that will do best are those most agile the EU is a solution to a 1950's problem a problem that actually never existed back then.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I most amend above post if you read up the EU has not got moving yet. It is in the most almighty mess with Covid and huge arguments are persisting one major German newspaper had the headline we envy Britain. Some of the countries (including Germany) are so frustrated they are sourcing the Sputnik vaccine from Russia.

And you think Britain would be better off part of that ?

You must be off your head !

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
The EU has sent no vaccines to the UK they are privately owned companies (most of them Astazenica) and British Companies. Contracted by the British Government which was 3 months before the EU got moving. One of the companies supplying the Vaccine is a french company based in the UK.

You are never one to research anything are you?

In the future globalised world the economies that will do best are those most agile the EU is a solution to a 1950's problem a problem that actually never existed back then.

Here's some more of those pesky facts that brexiters hate so much. .

As of 9 March, of the 34,090,287 doses exported from the EU to 31 countries, 9,106,162 went to the UK, 3,917,640 to Canada, 3,134,204 to Mexico, 2,720,210 to Japan and 1,368,900 to Saudi Arabia. Other beneficiaries of EU exports included Hong Kong (1.3m), Singapore (967,030), the US (953,723), Chile (942,825) and Malaysia (751,140).

Similar to the fact that Irish people living in N. Ireland can claim Irish citizenship and hold an Irish passport.

Similar to the fact that Dutch people are able to withdraw more cash from ATM's without having to leave the EU.

Similar to the fact that (You don't) "We trade with the EU largely on the same terms as before its (NOT)the best of all worlds".

Global britain; votes to withdraw from a free trade partnership with it's nearest neighbours and negotiate a new deal with said neighbours including trade barriers. Then enhances it's global reputation by almost immediately reneging on the same deal forcing it's neighbours to commence legal action.

Global britain decides to go it alone and tellS the other 27 countries remaining in the EU that they are all wrong and global britain is right.

Global britain further enhances its global reputation by distributing millions of vaccines to other countries throughout the world. No sorry, that was the EU

Global britain: Don't make me laugh

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Did someon on here not tell us that global britain would be trading with the EU largely on the same terms as before....

This company would beg to differ

Lochfyne langoustines Ltd & Lochfyne seafarms Ltd

BREIXT update !!!

38 pages of paperwork today to export to France. Over £500 in EXTRA costs per shipment absolute madness!

We were not told of this pre Brexit and now it’s crippling businesses around the country.

# Fu*k business

Last edited by Shaggydog; 23/03/21 03:08 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP

I suppose the thugs in Bristol were right up your street ? toytown revolutionaries who will need mummy and daddy to bail them out when they get to court, as they will. Every economy in the world has taken a huge hit due to covid. Including I read the republic of Ireland with soaring unemployment. I would imagine also the lack of tourism is hitting you hard, given its a big part of your economy.

http://afed.org.uk/what-actually-happened-in-bristol-and-how-a-narrative-is-built/

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Did someon on here not tell us that global britain would be trading with the EU largely on the same terms as before....

BREIXT update !!!

38 pages of paperwork today to export to France. Over £500 in EXTRA costs per shipment absolute madness!

We were not told of this pre Brexit and now it’s crippling businesses around the country.

# Fu*k business

Thats one business yes I am sure they are having problems but we have only just left the EU and if the deal is not 100% perfect from day one blame all those who spent four years siding with the EU and working against Britain, including you. I am prepared to accept whatever deal once we take the huge step of breaking free from the EU some businesses will be worse off some better off that's business and that's life. Same if we were in the EU, no system is 100% perfect for everyone it cant be if you understand how business works

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I also seem to have said that before, 10 times and counting I guess some people take time to assimilate concepts

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S

BREIXT update !!!

# Fu*k business

Thats one business yes I am sure they are having problems but we have only just left the EU and if the deal is not 100% perfect from day one blame all those who spent four years siding with the EU and working against Britain, including you. I am prepared to accept whatever deal once we take the huge step of breaking free from the EU some businesses will be worse off some better off that's business and that's life. Same if we were in the EU, no system is 100% perfect for everyone it cant be if you understand how business works

Do you seriously think that is the only business struggling as a result of your new brexit reality as a 3rd country. There are no unicorns, this is the new reality.

Interesting that Bojo's oven ready deal that you described as fantastic is now not 100% perfect.

In fact by your own admission, you have basically swapped one system that wasn't 100% perfect for a new system that isn't 100% perfect.

Classic brexiter logic right there. We brexiters negotiated a poor deal and it's all the fault of remainers.

#there are no unicorns

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Global britain update:

"Vaccine success down to greed and capitalism".

Just when you think this lot can't stoop any lower.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By lumba
Originally Posted By EMP

http://afed.org.uk/what-actually-happened-in-bristol-and-how-a-narrative-is-built/

damn right, the cops are scum, fascist scum

Last edited by EMP; 24/03/21 06:48 PM.
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Global britain update:

the fact he has to promote it means he and everyone else know the death of capitalism has to happen. the banking collapse was a massive crime against society and this pandemic has to be the final nail in its coffin .

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
Global britain update:

the fact he has to promote it means he and everyone else know the death of capitalism has to happen. the banking collapse was a massive crime against society and this pandemic has to be the final nail in its coffin .

Death of capitalism? And replaced by what exactly?

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Brexiter World:

"Fact is Britain has seamlessly slipped out of the EU"

Real World: House of Lords EU environment subcommittee expressed deep concern over the disruption to trade caused by Brexit

Beef exports fell from £39.9m to £3.4m

Salmon fell from £27.7m to £0.5m

Cheese exports fell from £45m to £7m

Tumbler glass Whisky exports fell from £105m to £40m

Chocolate exports fell from £41.4m to £13m

#seamless

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP
Global britain update:

by nothing, capitalism has already killed us all, there is no escape.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Brexiter World:

Real World: House of Lords EU environment subcommittee expressed deep concern over the disruption to trade caused by Brexit

#seamless

Where do your numbers come from (and the basis) and do they exclude impact of global pandemic impact ? Also what is the timeframe e.g what from when ?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
just wrap urself in a flag and it will all seem nice

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Brexiter World:

#seamless

Where do your numbers come from (and the basis) and do they exclude impact of global pandemic impact ? Also what is the timeframe e.g what from when ?

The figures are from the Food and Drink Federation. They compare January 2020 with January 2021

As regards the impact of the global pandemic you are not going to be happy with those findings either.

UK Exports to Non EU countries fell by 11.1% from £639.9 to £568.5

UK Exports to EU Countries fell by 75.5% from £1.0b to £256.4m

#sunlit uplands

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
"Saddam Hussein had to invade Kuwait to get the type of sanctions you lot [Daily Mail readers] voted for [Brexit]".

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
and meanwhile joe biden is embarking on a massive fundamental socialist transformation of usa that will likely end the nutjob trump kook party and the uk will be left holding a bag of nutjob right wing dog poo.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP
Global britain update:

by nothing, capitalism has already killed us all, there is no escape.

By nothing! This is what I thought. Maybe going back to feudalism then

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
By nothing i mean capitalism has already killed us off. toxic plastics will make us infertile in 50yrs, or the gases we pumping into the air will do us, or the deforrestation will dish out a worse covid, or the new nuke race will get us.. we are dead because of moronic greedy capitalism .

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
January 2020 to January 2021 trade has fallen with the EU oh deary me I wonder what could have caused that then? Its not as if the world has turned upside down in the last 12 months is it?

Obviously, Brexit and the trade-in January 2021 is obviously going to carry on at that monthly level forever.

There is no arguing with mind-numbing stupidity however it's an improvement on supporting the IRA.

However on a sensible level will our trade decline with the EU relative to our overall trade? Yes it will and would have done even if we had stayed in the EU. The EU is one of the slowest growing economies in the developed world if not the slowest I think at one time only Antarctica was lower.

Whether we are economically better or worse time will tell but as stated dozens of times economics was only one factor why we left the EU the main reason was democratic and we have achieved that.

This is the sunlit uplands as far as I am concerned

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
[quote=Stanley Park]January 2020 to January 2021 trade has fallen with the EU oh deary me I wonder what could have caused that then? Its not as if the world has turned upside down in the last 12 months is it?

Obviously, Brexit and the trade-in January 2021 is obviously going to carry on at that monthly level forever.

There is no arguing with mind-numbing stupidity however it's an improvement on supporting the IRA.

However on a sensible level will our trade decline with the EU relative to our overall trade? Yes it will and would have done even if we had stayed in the EU. The EU is one of the slowest growing economies in the developed world if not the slowest I think at one time only Antarctica was lower.

Whether we are economically better or worse time will tell but as stated dozens of times economics was only one factor why we left the EU the main reason was democratic and we have achieved that.

This is the sunlit uplands as far as I am concerned

[/quote

Or in other words:

The economy has fallen flat on it's arse and I have no answers so I will pretend that the economy isn 't really that important. Passports and british fish are much more important.

I will ignore the facts presented to me and shout about the IRA as everyone knows they caused Brexit. This also helps to distract from the fact that I have no answers to the problems that are being created as a result of britain becoming a 3rd country.

You aren't even convincing yourself anymore.

Tell me Stan, how is that trade deal withthe USA looking for global britain

"When my great grandfather got on a coffin ship in the Irish Sea, expectation was, was he going to live long enough on that ship to get to the United States of America?

"But they left because of what the Brits had been doing.

Joe Biden President of the USA

Last edited by Shaggydog; 27/03/21 03:41 PM.
S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/...d-boris-johnson

At last; a brexit bonus.

Immigrants sent back to their country of origin.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
and don't forgot boris the racist was racist towards obama , bidens best mate.. yeah nice relationship with the worlds superpower they gonna have.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Brexiters knew what they were voting for, sure Bojo told them.

"British people will still be able to
go and work in the EU; to live; to
travel; to study; to buy homes and
to settle down.. There will continue
to be free trade and access to the
single market.'
- Boris Johnson, Telegraph, 26
June 2016
A . News . Politics

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S

At last; a brexit bonus.

Shaun Cromber, the brexiters brexiter

Another returning at Malaga airport today was Shaun
Cromber who despite voting for Britain to leave the
EU, didn't believe it would end his Spanish lifestyle, he
said: " Yes I voted out, but I didn't realise it would
come to this, my application has been rejected and
we are on our way home - the wife is in tears, she's
distraught if I'm honest and I'm not too happy at the
prospect of returning back to the UK.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

At last; a brexit bonus.

Shaun Cromber, the brexiters brexiter

Another returning at Malaga airport today was Shaun
Cromber who despite voting for Britain to leave the
EU, didn't believe it would end his Spanish lifestyle, he
said: " Yes I voted out, but I didn't realise it would
come to this, my application has been rejected and
we are on our way home - the wife is in tears, she's
distraught if I'm honest and I'm not too happy at the
prospect of returning back to the UK.

He lives in the EU but wanted UK out, I wonder what his motivation was...

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
tories want their people poor and patriotic . The people so full of hate they won't mind boris and his toff mates hiding everything from the people and stealing all the money.

its facist uk now, the cops are just getting started

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
What's this posting about individuals saying this or that? Brexit was a Democratic decision taken by the United Kingdom a country of 68 million people. Individuals in that country say all kinds of things.

The fact is 57% of the UK has had the vaccine compared with an average of 10% in the EU. The republic of Ireland included.

Thats what happens when a country can take its own decisions rather than be part of a muddled lumbering bloc that cant agree what day it is.

And British companies, universities and British government invented the vaccine along with USA for the alternative Pizer vaccine.

Some going for a useless country

And by the way 70 trade deals in a year I thought we couldn't do any outside the EU ? or they would take 10 years plus what happened to that one ?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
tories want their people poor and patriotic . The people so full of hate they won't mind boris and his toff mates hiding everything from the people and stealing all the money.

Tories way ahead in the polls it's almost as if the British electorate are not aware of your pearls of wisdom

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
[quote=Stanley Park]What's this posting about individuals saying this or that? Brexit was a Democratic decision taken by the United Kingdom a country of 68 million people. Individuals in that country say all kinds of things.

Did you not tell us brexiters knew what they were voting for

The fact is 57% of the UK has had the vaccine compared with an average of 10% in the EU. The republic of Ireland included.

How many vaccines have you received from the EU and how many have you sent to other countries?

Thats what happens when a country can take its own decisions rather than be part of a muddled lumbering bloc that cant agree what day it is.

That's what happens when your PM is driven by greed

And British companies, universities and British government invented the vaccine along with USA for the alternative Pizer vaccine.

AstraZeneca is an Anglo-Swedish firm run by a Frenchman. Its production is happening in Britain, Europe and India. The multinational Oxford vaccine team includes scientists from Ireland and Gambia. One of the team, Prof Pollard [b]hailed it as a “vaccine for the world”. Now I know you think the world ends at Dover but the rest of us don't.

Some going for a useless country,

See answer above

And by the way 70 trade deals in a year I thought we couldn't do any outside the EU ? or they would take 10 years plus what happened to that one ?

Now now stan, you know that more than 20 of those deals have been rolled over from the EU. Your skinny deal with the EU is proving to be a disaster for business and a deal with the USA has never been further away. But I would imagine the deal with the Faroe Islands has more than made up for any losses post brexit.

Last edited by Shaggydog; 28/03/21 08:16 PM.
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP

Tories way ahead in the polls it's almost as if the British electorate are not aware of your pearls of wisdom

Yes the fascists are winning, happened before too.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
What's this posting about individuals saying this or that? Brexit was a Democratic decision taken by the United Kingdom a country of 68 million people. Individuals in that country say all kinds of things.

Some going for a useless country

63 roll over deals lol..with the likes of the pacific islands. ur market is right beside u and its crashed

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yes the UK market has crashed but other than China so has every country in the world. You might not have heard about it Emp but there is a global crisis and all economies have shut down.

I don't see Britain doing badly and the EU economy soaring quite the reverse we have problems in the UK but the EU economic problems dwarf those in the UK.

I have read there is the odd slight problem in the Republic of Ireland as well? Britain as an act of charity sending ROI covid vaccines much as you Irish slag us off when you are in trouble only one nation comes to your aid.

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Yes the UK market has crashed but other than China so has every country in the world. You might not have heard about it Emp but there is a global crisis and all economies have shut down.

I don't see Britain doing badly and the EU economy soaring quite the reverse we have problems in the UK but the EU economic problems dwarf those in the UK.

I have read there is the odd slight problem in the Republic of Ireland as well? Britain as an act of charity sending ROI covid vaccines much as you Irish slag us off when you are in trouble only one nation comes to your aid.

The problem the UK market is facing is that there is no vaccine for brexit. Each of the EU countries have lost 1 trading partner, you have lost 27. China has imposed sanctions on you and unfortunately for you the USA elected a pro-Irish president. Almost the perfect storm.

You don't see Britain doing badly because you read nothing but the right wing press. Denying something doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Talking about acts of charity, 21 million vaccine doses have been distributed from the EU to the UK while it has received zero in return. There's global britain right there.

I can't compete with this. Comedy Gold.

when you are in trouble only one nation comes to your aid.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
lol thats hilarious

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If the Irish republic dont want the donations of vaccines they can always send them back and wait for the EU ones next year sometime maybe.

And Shaggy get your facts right (not that you ever do)China has imposed sanctions on the UK for criticism of their Brutal regime nothing to do with the EU. I assume you support what China is doing?

And if Biden wants to shut Britain out because of his Irish ancestors so be it, but British and American business will be the loser.

We also trade extensively with the USA now and we are their prime military partner so much as you are hoping the Americans trash the British I think once again you will be disappointed

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
And more utter nonsense the EU has sent no vaccines to the UK the EU has no factories. Asta Zeneca a UK company invented the vaccine with British universities Astra Zeneca has factories in Europe.

The EU has threatened to seize those factories out of desperation from their utter mess with Covid.

In the news yesterday Astra Zeneca is returning production to the UK with no doubt many jobs lost in Europe

How anyone other than a total idiot could think Britain is better off in the EU, I don't know. Knowing what we know today if we were to hold another referendum it would probably be 95% leave or rather stay out.

But that's not going to happen is it ? not ever now

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
[quote=Stanley Park]If the Irish republic dont want the donations of vaccines they can always send them back and wait for the EU ones next year sometime maybe.

Will these vaccines be donations that global britain has received from the EU

And Shaggy get your facts right (not that you ever do)China has imposed sanctions on the UK for criticism of their Brutal regime nothing to do with the EU. I assume you support what China is doing?

Who mentioned the EU

And if Biden wants to shut Britain out because of his Irish ancestors so be it, but British and American business will be the loser.

You are now a bit player when it comes to world trade. If you ever get a trade deal with the USA it will be on their terms entirely. The bigger trading group always dictates the terms to the smaller group. (See brexit)

We also trade extensively with the USA now and we are their prime military partner so much as you are hoping the Americans trash the British I think once again you will be disappointed

I think you will find that your special relationship is special to one side only when it comes to trade. The US is threatening to impose punitive import tariffs on the UK if it proceeds with its plan to implement a tax on big tech. The new duties are intended to raise $325m – the amount the US government believes the exchequer will raise from the 2% tax on revenues of tech firms. Still feeling special?

#“Boris Johnson always acts with honesty and integrity” - PM’s Press Secretary

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
[quote=Stanley Park]And more utter nonsense the EU has sent no vaccines to the UK the EU has no factories. Asta Zeneca a UK company invented the vaccine with British universities Astra Zeneca has factories in Europe.

The EU has threatened to seize those factories out of desperation from their utter mess with Covid.

In the news yesterday Astra Zeneca is returning production to the UK with no doubt many jobs lost in Europe

How anyone other than a total idiot could think Britain is better off in the EU, I don't know. Knowing what we know today if we were to hold another referendum it would probably be 95% leave or rather stay out.

But that's not going to happen is it ? not ever now

Strange that you don't shout much about your horrific covid-19 death toll. Was that also as result of your new found agility?

You just keep deluding yourself buy you really do need to start reading something other than the Daily Express.

U.K. citizens have been vaccinated with jabs produced in the bloc. An EU diplomat briefed by the Commission said that more than 8.1 million doses manufactured in the EU have been sent to the U.K. out of 24.7 million doses approved for export up to March 1 (the U.S. received around 650,000.) This week, Britain is also taking delivery of supplies of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine from India's Serum Institute.

You really have to calm down stan you are becoming quite hysterical. It isn't the EU's fault that brexit hasn't delivered the promised sunlit uplands. I would imagine your Irish and European friends are avoiding you like the plague these days.

But don't despair, you have a new blue british passport. Designed in France and printed in Poland

# "a vaccine for the world”

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
the only thing uk has exported is the uk variant - thanks to boris the moron with his "eat out to help out".

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Shaggy the argument about Britain being an EU member is dead and buried. Even what remains of the remain press the BBC, the guardian, independent seems to have given up the ghost. No political party in Britain (other than the SNP) is even talking loosely about ever rejoining.

If I am deluded so is the rest of Britain.

In my view Britain is and will be better off out of the EU. I may be wrong, but if I am so what? Our future is outside the EU and what will be will be.

I notice all you are doing is picking things you can find wrong either in the press or your fantasy e.g Biden not agreeing a trade deal with Britain because of the potato famine 400 years ago.

You have said nothing positive about the EU which is telling. If Britain will be worse off economically as you suggest how will rejoining the slowest growing economy in the developed world and the disastrous Euro

Help matters ?

Over to you

S
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
S
Shaggy the argument about Britain being an EU member is dead and buried. Even what remains of the remain press the BBC, the guardian, independent seems to have given up the ghost. No political party in Britain (other than the SNP) is even talking loosely about ever rejoining.

If I am deluded so is the rest of Britain.

In my view Britain is and will be better off out of the EU. I may be wrong, but if I am so what? Our future is outside the EU and what will be will be.

I notice all you are doing is picking things you can find wrong either in the press or your fantasy e.g Biden not agreeing a trade deal with Britain because of the potato famine 400 years ago.

You have said nothing positive about the EU which is telling. If Britain will be worse off economically as you suggest how will rejoining the slowest growing economy in the developed world and the disastrous Euro

Help matters ?

Over to you

What makes you think the EU would take you back?

You have been presented with a number of examples in this thread highlighting how brexit has already impacted negatively upon global britain.

Your counter argument has consisted of the following: It's not as bad as you expected it to be.

Your opinion on the brexit deal has moved from a fantastic achievement to you didn't vote for brexit for purely economic reasons. Or in other words, I have no answers to the facts that have been presented to me about the negative economic impact of brexit.

What has been clear throughout this thread is your irrational hatred of the EU. You have left the EU and yet you are still ranting about them every day.

You have gone from being a member of one of the biggest trading groups on the planet to an also ran and you will discover that the hard way unfortuantely.

You seem to have no understanding whatsoever of what becoming a 3rd country involves and claim that rules which now apply to you have been magically created by the EU to hinder your journey to the sunlit uplands.

Whatever your view on Biden, there will be no trade deal if the Good Friday Agreement is placed in jeopardy and that has nothing to do with the famine. It also doesn't help that Biden sees Bojo as nothing more than a clone of Trump.

Believing that somehow global britain with a GDP of $2.5 trillion can dictate terms with the US ($20 trillion), EU ($16 trillion) and China ($12 trillion) is pure fantasy.

But never mind, you do have oodles of sovreignty.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
You have not answered my question which was why do you think we will be economically better in the EU when their economy is hardly anything to get excited about?

And if the EU won't ever take us back then what is there to argue about? I hope you are right on that point by the way

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
You have not answered my question which was why do you think we will be economically better in the EU when their economy is hardly anything to get excited about?

And if the EU won't ever take us back then what is there to argue about? I hope you are right on that point by the way

Because there is not and has never been one EU economy, but different countries with different economies, some doing great like Germany, Netherlands and others doing badly like Greece and Italy. What is important to be in the EU is that it is the biggest market block, and no trade barriers and smooth transit is great for commerce. Every country I know would like to have barrier free access to that market, including UK, by the way.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
You are talking to the hard right -boris, trump ,bolsonaro type person. They are beyond stupid and totally recklessly dangerous. You will never convince them, cause they would rather be stupid and die than be normal people. The capitalists (disaster capitalists in uk case)allow this kind of stupid cause they get paid - they will not allow a bernie sanders type progessive economy cause it threatens the wallet. Sad thing for uk is the right wing nutjob phase is over and the uk is going to be the last one and the most damaged long term. shame

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Because there is not and has never been one EU economy, but different countries with different economies, some doing great like Germany, Netherlands and others doing badly like Greece and Italy. What is important to be in the EU is that it is the biggest market block, and no trade barriers and smooth transit is great for commerce. Every country I know would like to have barrier free access to that market, including UK, by the way.

I agree and that's the European Economic Community (EEC) something in 1975 the British people voted for. We never voted for the European union (we were denied a vote) economic co-operation I agree with but not political union. A fundamental misunderstanding by remainers and probably the main reason they lost. They concentrated on economic matters (which all proved to be false) and not the benefits of political union. And I notice neither do you.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
You are also wrong about the EU economy which is driven by the euro which benefits Germany and a few northern EU states but puts the weaker southern european countries locked in poverty in perpetuity.

The Euro is not economic but political as is the EU armed forces they are talking about. Its about a super state formation nothing to do with economics

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I agree and that's the European Economic Community (EEC) something in 1975 the British people voted for. We never voted for the European union (we were denied a vote) economic co-operation I agree with but not political union. A fundamental misunderstanding by remainers and probably the main reason they lost. They concentrated on economic matters (which all proved to be false) and not the benefits of political union. And I notice neither do you.

Not sure i understand your last part, you want the EU to have a political union?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
he prefers tory political acts - like not allowing anyone to see any deals they do. Cut the nhs but give dave cameron loads of money to [oops] down the toilet.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
“It is shocking that a former Conservative prime minister not only boasted about how much money he would make from Greensill Capital, but also gave them an open door to government, starting with profiting off our NHS and ending with steelworkers’ jobs at risk,” shadow chancellor of the duchy of Lancaster, Rachel Reeves, said.

“Voting down the very measures that could have stopped Cameron’s poor and hypocritical conduct in the first place is disgraceful,” Reeves added. “It’s the latest example of how Conservative cronyism has weakened our economy, costing jobs and taxpayer money.”

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Not sure i understand your last part, you want the EU to have a political union?

The EU is a political union

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
“It is shocking that a former Conservative prime minister not only boasted about how much money he would make from Greensill Capital, but also gave them an open door to government, starting with profiting off our NHS and ending with steelworkers’ jobs at risk,” shadow chancellor of the duchy of Lancaster, Rachel Reeves, said.

“Voting down the very measures that could have stopped Cameron’s poor and hypocritical conduct in the first place is disgraceful,” Reeves added. “It’s the latest example of how Conservative cronyism has weakened our economy, costing jobs and taxpayer money.”

Completely agree I am just confused what this has to do with Brexit

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
corruption - tory corruption. As is Brexit, and worse its the alt right moron nutjob side of the tory party. Uk is screwed

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
another night of unionist riots and violence in belfast - nice one
DUP should be classified as a terrorist organization ..they've been egging, dogwhistling and making this violence happen. "guerilla warfare" they have called for.. bloody disgrace

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
another night of unionist riots and violence in belfast - nice one
DUP should be classified as a terrorist organization ..they've been egging, dogwhistling and making this violence happen. "guerilla warfare" they have called for.. bloody disgrace

Saw this on the news, not sure to understand what's going on

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
well the DUP who voted for this hard brexit (though N.Ireland voted to remain) are now dealing with the realities of what they voted for ( a complete mess) and are calling for violence against what they voted for. They are a complete shambles and this call to violence should see them classified as terrorists simple as that.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
it is fecking a disgrace what these alt right boris johnson wanks are doing, refusing to even try ease the tensions in the north..

we know this alt right game, dup and mental boris bringing back the 80's where violence keeps u in power and able to suck up all the tax payers money..

wtf..corrupt, horrible morons. next election please vote in anybody else..save urselfs

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
nhs staff dying and still working to save lives(including fat boris's)..boris gives them a wage cut.. david cameron, moron who destroyed the uk gets millions with a txt message..millions of tax payers money that went down the bankrupt toilet. these alt right scumbags

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
nhs staff dying and still working to save lives(including fat boris's)..boris gives them a wage cut.. david cameron, moron who destroyed the uk gets millions with a txt message..millions of tax payers money that went down the bankrupt toilet. these alt right scumbags

Did Cameron get the money? I understand he was lobbying but didn't get through, no? And what do you mean by Cameron destroyed UK, not sure to understand, if anything it was the population and Boris who decided to leave, not Cameron.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
cameron was the moron who announced the ref with zero thought about n.ireland.

and he did make money out of it, he was working for them. he was due 60m he boasted but the company went bust. greensill got other govt contracts so yes they did get through on his corrupt say so. tax payers money to loser thief ceo's of dodgy companies whilst the nhs staff get money taken off them.

oh and he went to mbs in saudi arabia with greensill to beg for money off a murderer .. he says he raised human rights whilst he was there but i can 100% tell u that is a pure lie, u don't go to a murderer looking for money and then insult him..cameron and the tory alt right is a disgrace..the uk needs to wake the hell up

Last edited by EMP; 15/04/21 08:35 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP

and he did make money out of it, he was working for them. he was due 60m he boasted but the company went bust. greensill got other govt contracts so yes they did get through on his corrupt say so. tax payers money to loser thief ceo's of dodgy companies whilst the nhs staff get money taken off them.

oh and he went to mbs in saudi arabia with greensill to beg for money off a murderer .. he says he raised human rights whilst he was there but i can 100% tell u that is a pure lie, u don't go to a murderer looking for money and then insult him..cameron and the tory alt right is a disgrace..the uk needs to wake the hell up

Yes he announced the referendum but it was what he promised before winning his election and in a democracy, it is the people who decided, this is what happened in the referendum. So it was democracy at its best, not like in Saudia. He was against Brexit, so you cannot blame him for having given the choice to the people, you want UK to become like Cuba or China or Saudia or what? If people didn't understand what they voted for, that's another issue.

If he was working for them, I don't understand why he shouldn't get paid. Lobbying is a normal thing whether done by business or unions, in fact even elections are a way lobbying in a democracy. Unions would say they support so and so based on certain conditions. And what's the problem of getting government contracts if it was done without any fraud or corruption, so innocent until proven guilty

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP

Yes he announced the referendum but it was what he promised before winning his election and in a democracy, it is the people who decided, this is what happened in the referendum. So it was democracy at its best, not like in Saudia. He was against Brexit, so you cannot blame him for having given the choice to the people, you want UK to become like Cuba or China or Saudia or what? If people didn't understand what they voted for, that's another issue.

If he was working for them, I don't understand why he shouldn't get paid. Lobbying is a normal thing whether done by business or unions, in fact even elections are a way lobbying in a democracy. Unions would say they support so and so based on certain conditions. And what's the problem of getting government contracts if it was done without any fraud or corruption, so innocent until proven guilty

u obviously don't understand the delicate nature of democracy in the uk. There is an act of union and devolution of powers ,plus the good friday agreement . These all work on the vital principle of consent . England telling everyone else whats what doesn't work , so N ireland + Scotland voted to stay in the EU , now N.ireland is close to murder and violence and Scotland will vote to leave the uk... that is why Cameron is a moron , he actually did destroy the uk ..thats his legacy.

u obviously don't have a clue about corruption either. Tax payers money is for the benefit of the tax payers . Cameron looked to enrich himself with inside knowledge and connections to recklessly steal tax payers money to give to some gangster business man ..He is a tory sleaze merchant as they all are.. Hancock is now the latest one hiding stuff, had shares in his sister company that somehow managed to win covid public money too, just like his pub landlord who won millions of tax payers money too... meanwhile nhs staff get a pay cut..

if u can't see anything wrong with that then never go into politics

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

u obviously don't understand the delicate nature of democracy in the uk. There is an act of union and devolution of powers ,plus the good friday agreement . These all work on the vital principle of consent . England telling everyone else whats what doesn't work , so N ireland + Scotland voted to stay in the EU , now N.ireland is close to murder and violence and Scotland will vote to leave the uk... that is why Cameron is a moron , he actually did destroy the uk ..thats his legacy.

u obviously don't have a clue about corruption either. Tax payers money is for the benefit of the tax payers . Cameron looked to enrich himself with inside knowledge and connections to recklessly steal tax payers money to give to some gangster business man ..He is a tory sleaze merchant as they all are.. Hancock is now the latest one hiding stuff, had shares in his sister company that somehow managed to win covid public money too, just like his pub landlord who won millions of tax payers money too... meanwhile nhs staff get a pay cut..

So you are saying because the UK is complex democracy is not too good, right? This is what the Chinese communist party says as well.

As for corruption etc, with media, everything ends up being known and if the legal system doesn't deal with it, then it's up to the people to deal with it in elections, no? If the majority don't seem to care, like in my country, then we get what we deserve. I rather blame the people instead of politicians

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EMP
Originally Posted By EMP

So you are saying because the UK is complex democracy is not too good, right? This is what the Chinese communist party says as well.

As for corruption etc, with media, everything ends up being known and if the legal system doesn't deal with it, then it's up to the people to deal with it in elections, no? If the majority don't seem to care, like in my country, then we get what we deserve. I rather blame the people instead of politicians

no i am saying cameron is a moron and destroyed the uk , which he has. and he did it cause he is too thick to even think what about scotland what about n.ireland.. he just thought i will win it and thats that. moron.

blaming the people is a bit leninist , which is why asia turned socialism into slavism . I think people are ok , the scumbags that think they are above them and its ok to steal from them..them the problem

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
What i am saying is that he promised to have a referendum if he won his election and he did, so you cannot blame him to deliver his promise, in fact, this is what we expect from politicians, to deliver what they promise, no?He cannot be a moron for that unless you prefer dictatorships.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
What i am saying is that he promised to have a referendum if he won his election and he did, so you cannot blame him to deliver his promise, in fact, this is what we expect from politicians, to deliver what they promise, no?He cannot be a moron for that unless you prefer dictatorships.

he is a moron, he did not even think, just i will do this cause nigel farage is shouting loud . A leader is suppose to plan and think , like what about n .ireland and scotland, what about consent..he is a bloody moron , he destroyed the uk. ur simplistic reasoning is just that.

and how has boris not resigned yet? its been confirmed he killed thousands of people..he is a mass murderer.. " rather see dead bodies pile up" well thats what he got.. resign u blonde trump moron.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion