Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Those are minor problems and to be expected following our adjustment after 40 years of being ruled by the EU. The big picture is we have the same trade rights as an EU member pay not a penny into it and yes have to suffer a bit more paperwork which in time will be developed out. We are only 6 weeks in.

That's having your cake and eating it and a resounding success.

You obviously don't agree however I have yet to discover anything you do agree with.

Now I know that you posted that you read the 1246 page Withdrawal Agreement document in one day. But you may have to go back over it, because if you think you are trading with the EU on the same terms as before then you are sadly mistaken. I'm starting to think you didn't really read it.

You will find this revelation in the Irish Examiner particularly shocking:

The UK government has conceded that some “non-tariff trading barriers” have emerged due to the post-Brexit trade deal with the EU.

In December, after brokering the trade deal with Brussels, the Prime Minister said “there will be no non-tariff barriers to trade”.

I'm especially shocked to learn that Bojo has been telling more brexit lies.

Unfortunately many british businesses have discovered that having your cake and eating it is a very expensive past time when you are a 3rd country.

It must be difficult when you discover that the people that sold you brexit actually lied to you.

Still you have your sovreignty.

#F**k business - British PM B. Johnson

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
If you want to find problems you will and that is what you do highly selective and focus only on any problems, your googling efforts can unearth. I could write pages of problems currently with the EU had I the inclination to, which I don't.

As for your sneering at sovereignty (something two generations died for)and over 3000 people in the troubles in Northern Ireland were murdered for I find your attitude amazing

I assume then now you no longer want a sovereign united Ireland?

The British Empire made some great laws many of which still exist today and I have no doubt some of the EU laws are excellent. Yet every country formerly run under the British Empire chose sovereign governance once they for the chance.

Your trouble is you are pig-headed and one-dimensional in your thinking. Either accept democratic will or if you cant do that pack your bags and move over the border into the republic that will achieve both your aims. Why you don't do it and choose to remain in the awful UK is something I cant fathom.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
If you want to find problems you will and that is what you do highly selective and focus only on any problems, your googling efforts can unearth. I could write pages of problems currently with the EU had I the inclination to, which I don't.

As for your sneering at sovereignty (something two generations died for)and over 3000 people in the troubles in Northern Ireland were murdered for I find your attitude amazing

I assume then now you no longer want a sovereign united Ireland?

The British Empire made some great laws many of which still exist today and I have no doubt some of the EU laws are excellent. Yet every country formerly run under the British Empire chose sovereign governance once they for the chance.

Your trouble is you are pig-headed and one-dimensional in your thinking. Either accept democratic will or if you cant do that pack your bags and move over the border into the republic that will achieve both your aims. Why you don't do it and choose to remain in the awful UK is something I cant fathom.

You see as an ardent brexiter I would expect you to counter my arguments by listing all the ways in which our lives have improved since brexit.

So far the best you have managed is that it hasn't been as bad as you thought it was going to be.

Today, in defence of sovreignty, something which you never lost, you are harping back to the days of empire and the world wars. Bless you.

I see it has been a difficult weekend for Matt Hancock.

Alex Bourne, who used to run the Cock Inn near the health secretary’s old constituency home in Thurlow, won about £30m of work producing test tubes despite having no prior experience in the medical devices industry.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The short term hit I expected to take when we left the EU is nothing like as big as I expected back in 2016. In fact, it's barely noticeable look at BBC or sky news look how many headlines are about Brexit. And the best years are to come.

Thinking about it you are very wise to not move to the EU the bloc is crumbling politically and economically. Some EU countries are ignoring the EU and going direct to Russia or China for vaccines. Every man woman and child in the UK will be vaccinated by July thank god we are not under the boot of the bloc we would still not be vaccinated next year.

It seems to be your hobby to find problems with Brexit, that's nice ! every man needs a hobby

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
The short term hit I expected to take when we left the EU is nothing like as big as I expected back in 2016. In fact, it's barely noticeable look at BBC or sky news look how many headlines are about Brexit. And the best years are to come.

Thinking about it you are very wise to not move to the EU the bloc is crumbling politically and economically. Some EU countries are ignoring the EU and going direct to Russia or China for vaccines. Every man woman and child in the UK will be vaccinated by July thank god we are not under the boot of the bloc we would still not be vaccinated next year.

It seems to be your hobby to find problems with Brexit, that's nice ! every man needs a hobby

So just to clarify, the brexit bonus up to this point is the short term hit is not as bad as you expected it to be. Anything else at all to raise our spirits, anything? I'm struggling a little bit to see the sunlit uplands at the moment.

No comment whatsoever on Matt Hancock or are you just going to pretend everything is perfect?

Alex Bourne, who used to run the Cock Inn near the health secretary’s old constituency home in Thurlow, won about £30m of work producing test tubes despite having no prior experience in the medical devices industry

"under the boot of the bloc" The war is over stan, you have to let go.

PS
Here's an article from the BBC on how brexit has devastated welsh fishing https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56028602

Here's an article from sky news about fishermen from Cornwall who fear losing their homes as a result of the shellfish export ban as a resultt of brexit. https://news.sky.com/video/brexit-people...rt-ban-12223686

Sunlit uplands indeed.

Last edited by Shaggydog; 22/02/21 06:41 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
There were one or two problems when we were in the EU hence why we voted to leave, and its got 100 times worse than 2016, the EU is in chaos.

Re the problems of the shellfishermen they are caused by the EU being petty and spiteful and deliberately overzealous they are a perfect reason why we left. In any event whilst I have every sympathy with them they are not the UK as a whole they are a tiny industry. There will always be winners and losers from change, no system is 100% perfect for everyone.

Long term the fishermen will be far better off as they will have more control over our waters, something they were not happy about while in the EU and as unhappy as they are short term I bet not one of them wants to rejoin the EU.

And you know what ? I don't think you do either its clear from your posts you don't think much of the EU either. Do you ???

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
uk govt financing eu businesses to buy british products. yes thats right.. u really are whacky over there.

https://www.export.org.uk/news/553697/UK...-UK-exports.htm

Last edited by EMP; 25/02/21 05:26 PM.
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
the chief exec of national uk fishermen org was on the radio the other day.. says all his members feel lied to and cheated. so yeah i bet they would vote to stay now
BRITISH fishermen have got the "worst of all worlds"
National Federation of Fishing Organisation CEO Barrie Deas insisted the UK will still too tightly connected to the European Union when it comes to fishing. In an interview with Express.co.uk, Mr Deas insisted Boris Johnson's current Brexit deal was too closely linked to the previous Common Fisheries Policy in place before. He added that, as Britain is now considered a third country to the EU, it has been more difficult to move fish into the EU.

Last edited by EMP; 25/02/21 05:32 PM.
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
The ERG (The Keystone Cops section of the Tory Party) have demanded that the Northern Ireland Protocol be scrapped.

The N. Ireland Protocol is of course part of the Withdrawal Agreement that they voted FOR.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Last edited by Shaggydog; 26/02/21 03:40 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I have explained maybe 20 or more times why the northern Ireland protocol came about you understand the reasons full well. And I said Boris will sort it and it looks like I was right. And if that's the only problem we have then Brexit was pretty much without incident for a society and economy of our complicity. Meanwhile in the EU......

Only the pig headed and remain ultras deny it has been a success. Not one major UK political party is talking about re-joining the EU there's a reason for that

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion