KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#637322 - 24/02/21 05:22 PM Re: Evertons Stadium given approval [Re: Stanley Park]
EnergisedReds Offline
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Stanley Park
90,000 purpose built stadium at speke that will fine. We will indisputably be the best club in the world with our fan base. As for business sense anyone with any business sense would never invest in football any investor has to be a vanity project or commercial branding thing. So either an individual, a nation, or a corporation the size of Amazon, etc.

We can dream

I understand that to build a covered stadium with more than 65k seats is a step change in costs, this is why most new stadiums are less than 65k seats

#637333 - 25/02/21 04:54 PM Re: Evertons Stadium given approval [Re: Stanley Park]
jim_beam Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: North Wales
It will be nice for Everton and the city I guess to have a cool stadium next to the waterfront.

Will they win anything though is the question I would be asking as a fan.

Spurs have a swanky stadium but does it feel the same, similar to arsenal, the emirates is cool enough but can't help but feel some of the Arsenal sparkle of Highbury isn't there anymore.

You look at those clubs and would you say as of yet their new modern homes have done anything to make them a better football team on the world stage? I would say no.

I love Anfield and think the expansion was quite a good compromise of looking to the future while keeping our soul.

This isn't a direct comparison but in my town they moved the local club from the heart of the city to the outskirts, built a modern looking thing with parking next to a good road. It's just completely ripped the heart out of the city and club. It's like watching a zombie team now. Built an asda where the stadium used to be and I just think it's a horrible shame.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Bye Bye Premier League (New European Super League)
by EMP
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
Lets talk about FSG.
by ecnirp98
Yesterday at 08:13 PM
Jose Mourinho sacked
by klopp4kop
Yesterday at 11:27 AM
Midfield Overhaul
by EnergisedReds
17/04/21 08:49 AM
Liverpool v Real Madrid CL Qtr Final 2nd Leg 1 v 3 KO 8pm
by The Kop Prophet
15/04/21 05:44 PM

General Discussion
Brexit & the sunlit uplands
by EMP
17/04/21 06:45 PM
The MOST IMPORTANT video you could ever watch in your LIFE!
by Pickles
07/04/21 02:13 PM
Naked Short Selling The Truth Is Worse Than What's Been Told
by Pickles
21/03/21 02:41 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
Stanley Park 62
EnergisedReds 62
Pickles 45
Shaggydog 33
EMP 32
ecnirp98 21