Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Forget the initial 52,000 capacity this will be the best stadium in Europe the location on the waterfront will be something else. The scope will be unlimited marketing-wise and expansion and will be at the heart of the City of Liverpool by the Liver Building, you cant get more Liverpool than that

Pity LFC had no ambition

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56167487

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Forget the initial 52,000 capacity this will be the best stadium in Europe the location on the waterfront will be something else. The scope will be unlimited marketing-wise and expansion and will be at the heart of the City of Liverpool by the Liver Building, you cant get more Liverpool than that

Pity LFC had no ambition

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56167487

I am sure our owners have more ambition than money, must say that Everton owners are much better than ours when it comes to investing at least, in fact ttey are second

https://www.sportbible.com/football/tran...vealed-20200914

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool had better watch out over next 20 years play our cards wrong and we will be in Evertons position last 30 years and they will be the dominant club.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Without the power of Anfield I doubt we would have done so well over the last few seasons. The home form was crucial to run City so close in the league and then blast them out of site last season. Then there was the CL home game against City and of course the semi final against Barcelona.

However, now that we have those two trophies recently bagged it may be time to start thinking of the future. It will be a risk but perhaps one that is worth taking now. Borrowing is cheap at the moment and crowds should start returning soon. Something to think about.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Without the power of Anfield I doubt we would have done so well over the last few seasons. The home form was crucial to run City so close in the league and then blast them out of site last season. Then there was the CL home game against City and of course the semi final against Barcelona.

However, now that we have those two trophies recently bagged it may be time to start thinking of the future. It will be a risk but perhaps one that is worth taking now. Borrowing is cheap at the moment and crowds should start returning soon. Something to think about.

I have always said the best place for LFC is speke massive space brilliant and direct motorway connections, rail connection AND an international airport

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

I am still not too sure about a new stadium, especially if seat capacity is not significantly increased, what is worrying is that our owners have no money or dont want to invest in the team even when it was crucial.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 24/02/21 02:11 AM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Seems strange Everton are spending over half a £Billion (we all know it will cost near a £Billion if that is the estimate) on a stadium with 52,000 seats?

I know it is a big improvement on Goodison, but spending that sort of money, I would expect 60,000+ , all the new stadiums in recent years Spurs/Arsenal are at that level. They can also set much higher season ticket/seat prices in London compared to what Everton can ask.

After spending all that money/debt, they will end up with a stadium with 2,000 seats less than Anfield currently has, with Anfield likely to increase to 60,000 when Anfield road is upgraded in the next few years.

It does not make much sense to me? but it does look cool on the waterfront!

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
No way will we get a new stadium with FSG but if this spell we are having is a wider demise they might sell up and with new investors its a possibility

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
No way will we get a new stadium with FSG but if this spell we are having is a wider demise they might sell up and with new investors its a possibility

Can't see them selling up for the next few years with the repercussions of Covid affecting business value/confidence long term, they will want max profit ££££.

I agree we will not get a new Stadium, but we were never going to get a new stadium after the Main Stand was expanded/upgraded for £100 million, with the size of Anfield now, it does not make business sense, unless we get an oil state type ownership and it becomes a vanity project with huge sponsorship from a brother-in-law !!!

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
90,000 purpose built stadium at speke that will fine. We will indisputably be the best club in the world with our fan base. As for business sense anyone with any business sense would never invest in football any investor has to be a vanity project or commercial branding thing. So either an individual, a nation, or a corporation the size of Amazon, etc.

We can dream

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion