Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
I don't like saying this but Carragher talks so much exaggerated rubbish. Him and Gary Neville are stuck in the distant past with their immature, petty sniping at something or other all the time. It would be good to replace these guys with people that can give credit where credit is due and constructive criticism when appropriate.

Who are they to berate Klopp and the club for a poor run after what has been achieved over the last few seasons? Carragher should have a bit more loyalty to his friends and family. Mild criticism in public as part of his duties as a commentator are fine, but he should also be putting up a defence. Any stronger opinions and associated advice he might have to provide can be provided privately, though I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp politely listened but ignored it.

He's lucky he still has job. He brought shame on the club by the way he spat at that family. If anyone of us had done that we'd probably have been sacked at work the next day. Now he's back to his annoying self - throwing the club under the bus.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
I don't like saying this but Carragher talks so much exaggerated rubbish. Him and Gary Neville are stuck in the distant past with their immature, petty sniping at something or other all the time. It would be good to replace these guys with people that can give credit where credit is due and constructive criticism when appropriate.

Who are they to berate Klopp and the club for a poor run after what has been achieved over the last few seasons? Carragher should have a bit more loyalty to his friends and family. Mild criticism in public as part of his duties as a commentator are fine, but he should also be putting up a defence. Any stronger opinions and associated advice he might have to provide can be provided privately, though I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp politely listened but ignored it.

He's lucky he still has job. He brought shame on the club by the way he spat at that family. If anyone of us had done that we'd probably have been sacked at work the next day. Now he's back to his annoying self - throwing the club under the bus.

What did he do, not sure I understand your post? I remember him saying that we made a mistake by not replacing Lovren, but he was right.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 23/02/21 03:26 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
This is him talking rubbish as per

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LU9Rswz33k

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Don't quite get this but I don't know what you are pointing to exactly. I watched some of the analysis pieces, just seems like he is giving his opinion as a TV pundit which has to have an element of entertainment to it. I guess he is a fan as well and has a right to be slightly miffed if he thinks that things which would stop us loosing are getting overlooked. His job is a pundit (not assistant manager) and he can say pretty much what he wants within reason.

He's not quite on the Danny Mills level on the rent-a-blert circuit just yet.

Not sure what his previous discretion's have anything to do with it, don't agree with what he did but who's never made a mistake.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I totally agree with what he is saying

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo...on-vvd-19893184

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
He's completely right yes we have injuries but this is more than that where is the fight and spirit?

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
He may be right. But when you're part of a family there's a time, place and manner in which you discuss bad news. He can't have it both ways. If he wants to go on tv and be totally frank and disrespectful then fine, but then I hope he doesn't get special inside access to Anfield.

He says losing so many games at Anfield is unacceptable. That's a meaningless statement. In that sense, is it acceptable to any team? Of course not. In that sense, do we think Klopp and the team think it is acceptable? No. So what's the point of saying it?

He says he's sick of talking about losing VVD as a reason. Well who asks him to do that? We haven't lost VVD only. We've lost Gomez and Matip at the back too; consequently we've lost Fabinho & Hendo from the midfield and Fabinho from defence now too; we've lost Jota as well. Gus Poyet's reasoning on MNF was much more sensible - in tone as well as content.

Klopp is a risk taker. Yes, we've all thought that he should try something different. But he has to use his judgement based on what he sees in training every day. Whilst we were still in with a shout of the league he perhaps took the gamble and relied on trusted performers to snap into form. It didn't happen.

Now Carragher comes out with saying Ancelotti is his MOM for the game partly because apparently 'he took the emotion out of the game, with the team he picked.' That's just conjecture - unless someone told him that was Ancelotti reasoning. I suspect the lack of a crowd had more to do with taking the heat out of the game plus Klopp's gracious approach before the game stating that the events of the last derby have been left behind. So why peddle the narrative the Ancelotti outsmarted Klopp? There wasn't any fantastic new surprise tactic that he pulled out of the bag.

Everton won simply because they caught us during a bad patch and were well prepared to take advantage, thanks to their quality manager as well. It's no big deal unless anyone thinks that we should never, ever lose to Everton at home. It's going to happen every now and then, more so when they invest and improve.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Mikah Richards and Danny Murphy are so much better than Carra and Neville.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
He may be right. But when you're part of a family there's a time, place and manner in which you discuss bad news. He can't have it both ways. If he wants to go on tv and be totally frank and disrespectful then fine, but then I hope he doesn't get special inside access to Anfield.

He says losing so many games at Anfield is unacceptable. That's a meaningless statement. In that sense, is it acceptable to any team? Of course not. In that sense, do we think Klopp and the team think it is acceptable? No. So what's the point of saying it?

He says he's sick of talking about losing VVD as a reason. Well who asks him to do that? We haven't lost VVD only. We've lost Gomez and Matip at the back too; consequently we've lost Fabinho & Hendo from the midfield and Fabinho from defence now too; we've lost Jota as well. Gus Poyet's reasoning on MNF was much more sensible - in tone as well as content.

Klopp is a risk taker. Yes, we've all thought that he should try something different. But he has to use his judgement based on what he sees in training every day. Whilst we were still in with a shout of the league he perhaps took the gamble and relied on trusted performers to snap into form. It didn't happen.

Now Carragher comes out with saying Ancelotti is his MOM for the game partly because apparently 'he took the emotion out of the game, with the team he picked.' That's just conjecture - unless someone told him that was Ancelotti reasoning. I suspect the lack of a crowd had more to do with taking the heat out of the game plus Klopp's gracious approach before the game stating that the events of the last derby have been left behind. So why peddle the narrative the Ancelotti outsmarted Klopp? There wasn't any fantastic new surprise tactic that he pulled out of the bag.

Everton won simply because they caught us during a bad patch and were well prepared to take advantage, thanks to their quality manager as well. It's no big deal unless anyone thinks that we should never, ever lose to Everton at home. It's going to happen every now and then, more so when they invest and improve.

I don't know if you listened to the interviews after the match but it was clear that Ancelotti had a game plan which worked, Coleman even thanked Ancelotti for the win, for me it's very clear that Klopp was outsmarted. It's not the first time by the way, he did it when he was at Napoli as well. As for Carra, he is doing his job and as a former player and fan, he has all the right to express himself, this is what he is paid for, doesn't make him less of a fan.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

I don't know if you listened to the interviews after the match but it was clear that Ancelotti had a game plan which worked, Coleman even thanked Ancelotti for the win, for me it's very clear that Klopp was outsmarted. It's not the first time by the way, he did it when he was at Napoli as well. As for Carra, he is doing his job and as a former player and fan, he has all the right to express himself, this is what he is paid for, doesn't make him less of a fan.

Ancelotti is a top class manager, one of the best, he has won leagues and cups in several leagues as manager and player, so there is no shame in being outsmarted by him.

In Klopps defense I would say he is trying to make the best of the players he has available and giving a goal to Everton after 2 minutes was the worst start possible as it gave Everton something to hold onto and allot of confidence, it's not Klopps fault if the players are sloppy at the start, I am sure he sent them out with instructions to be ready and they were prepared correctly.

A year ago Klopp beat Ancelotti with the youth team against Everton's first team in the FA Cup, so what does that say about Ancelotti? these things happen to all managers.

As for Carragher, I generally like him, but he does seem to be moving away from supporting Liverpool and joining the mainstream media view forgetting/downplaying injuries etc, maybe SKY have told him he needs to do that as the message is getting boring? fact is we still have those key injuries throughout the team. I am happy for Carragher & all to be critical where deserved, we have made mistakes this season, going into the PL season with 3 CB, two we know often get injuries to start with!!! but allot of those have been forced by the injuries we have had also which could not be predicted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion