Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Is anybody following this?

I know there is a few Financial savvy (for a living) folks in here...Vish didn't you mention you are some sort of financial advisor?
Anyhow i've been following this for awhile now and it's an absolute mess, Hedgefunders who tried to put the squeeze on Gamestop by shorting them got caught with their pants around their ankles and have been hemorrhaging from interest payments, trying allsorts of nefarious ways to drive the price down. So far they've succeeded but at what cost? it seems no matter what they try this is going to have cataclysmic consequences in the end for them!

The guy who started it all for the retail buyers just bought another 50k shares yesterday, he'd already made a killing when the price went up to $400 a share (it's back down to $40 now) and there was talk about the Hedgefunders trying to dsrive the price down yesterday below $40 because of interest payments due and right towards the end of trading the guy who started it all screwed them over by buying 50k shares. I'm no financial wizard when it comes to this stuff but it seems there is opportunity here...

This all came about from forums on Reddit wsb bets which got infiltrated by the Hedgefunders trying to sow discord in the retail investors and getting them to sell their shares so they can cover their losses...it's still going on as I type.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GME/

I've been following the above subreddit as it's least infiltrated by the shills trying to sow discord...well worth a read!

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad

Here's a great video clearly explaining the nefarious actions the likes of Robinhood did in halting the retailers from buying Gamestop shares on January 28th which made the share price for Gamestop to dip so dramatically from $480 a share at one point. Thus helping out those Hedgefunders who had shorted the stock by 140%.

Robinhood is a free-trading app that lets investors trade stocks, options, exchange-traded funds and cryptocurrency without paying commissions or fees. It was the retail buyers main choice for buying Gamestop shares from.

A huge amount of those retail Gamestop shareholders have now either moved from Robinhood or have explicitly told Robinhood not to allow their shares to be loaned out, which was the reason why the Hedgefunders where able to decrease the Gamestop share value.
The Hedgefunders where loaning shares behind the Gamestop shareholders backs and don't own the shares so either way there is not enough shares in the market now for these Hedgefunders to recover their positions. The retail Gamestop shareholders still have their shares and are increasing their amounts at whatever the market price because they know the Hedgefunders are hemorrhaging from interest payments and it's only a matter of time before the share price explodes again.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Is anybody following this?

I know there is a few Financial savvy (for a living) folks in here...Vish didn't you mention you are some sort of financial advisor?
Anyhow i've been following this for awhile now and it's an absolute mess, Hedgefunders who tried to put the squeeze on Gamestop by shorting them got caught with their pants around their ankles and have been hemorrhaging from interest payments, trying allsorts of nefarious ways to drive the price down. So far they've succeeded but at what cost? it seems no matter what they try this is going to have cataclysmic consequences in the end for them!

The guy who started it all for the retail buyers just bought another 50k shares yesterday, he'd already made a killing when the price went up to $400 a share (it's back down to $40 now) and there was talk about the Hedgefunders trying to dsrive the price down yesterday below $40 because of interest payments due and right towards the end of trading the guy who started it all screwed them over by buying 50k shares. I'm no financial wizard when it comes to this stuff but it seems there is opportunity here...

This all came about from forums on Reddit wsb bets which got infiltrated by the Hedgefunders trying to sow discord in the retail investors and getting them to sell their shares so they can cover their losses...it's still going on as I type.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GME/

I've been following the above subreddit as it's least infiltrated by the shills trying to sow discord...well worth a read!

No I am not a financial advisor but as I run a company, I have to more than understand finance, and yes, I followed that a bit, hedgefunds got fcked as they didn't expect what happened after they bet on Gamestop going bust by short selling, smaller players showed what could be done by the mass with the help of social media.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
thanks vish

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
A fun day for the reddit gamestop r community...share price started at $41 then ended up at $91.71 at close 4pm ET then after hours it Finished on $168 at 8 pm ET. At one stage after hours it got to $189.

Tomorrow will be a telling day as we'll get to see just how much this stock was shorted by the hedgefunds this could be literally shorted 200% or 300%, i've even see folks mention it possibly being in the 400%.

The price shooting up today could be a distraction for folks to sell and allow the hedgefunds to recover some of their position, however folks have been in this too long and know the Hedgefunds have been using allsorts of nefarious methods to hide their positions.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Yes I bought shares a few weeks ago, I wish I had followed this back in 2019 when they where trading at $2 and change a share.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad

For anybody who is interested in this Gamestop insanity, this is a LIVE stream of the days events by a Guy who has a big following on Youtube about stocks.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
For any neutrals who have been following this GME share war or maybe you've been debating about investing in it because of the huge potential. This is no way financial advice and I don't allude to being any sort of expert when it comes to this kind of stuff although I do now have a vested interest in it having purchased shares.

I am trying to give info that is readily available out there and due to a partisan media that is not reporting the facts but seem to be on the side of Wallstreet and the Hedgefunds who have painted us retail investors as being stupid and callous. Make no mistake Hedgefunds have gotten away for decades in bankrupting businesses with flippant disregard for the lives they've destroyed into the process. They have operated nefariously on an unsuspecting public for pure greed...hypocritical here, yes and with good cause.

It was only a matter of time before the Financial markets / industry have needed a total reset and if this GME share war is the catalyst then so be it. Ordinary folks lives and their wealth is controlled by a rigged system. Pensions / 401k's being manipulated for too long and unless your on the inside you have very little control over your hard earned.

This battle of wits between the Hedgefunds and the retail sector over the GME shares is an eye opener to the world of what lengths Wallstreet and the Hedgefunds will go to, to protect their wealth and their greedy manipulated clique.

Their greed caused the 2008 housing markets crash which led to world wide recession and now even during a world wide pandemic they are operating with the same reckless abandon. No lessons where learned from 2008 and this current war of attrition is a protest from the little Guy saying: "No More"! to the rigged system.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
This a retail persons analysis from yesterday taken from the reddit subreditt I have been following. I have followed this subreddit because it is less infiltrated by the hedgefunds who have been trying to sow discord into the little information available to put off the retail investors and thus drive the price down to save their as##s.

It's an eye opener of what is potentially going on.

r/GME•Posted byu/HeyItsPixeL

What happened yesterday explained in detail and exposing the HFs obvious manipulation.
DD
EDIT: Tried posting to WSB, instantly got removed and mods are not responding to any questions and are not giving any reason either. So if one of you wants to post it there, feel free! (Please credit me if you do so)

Good morning everyone, this is an important update to what happened yesterday!

First of all: Thank you for making my last post the most awarded and most upvoted post of all time in this sub!

Second of all: I made a prediction in my post yesterday (https://www.reddit.com/r/GME/comments/ls830a/found_the_reason_for_the_dip_they_are_shorting/). The prediction would've become reality, if Hedgies didn't overshort with fake shares (more about that in a second). Why do I tell you this? I literally received death threats and insults when the market ended. Just a heads up: Those are PREDICTIONS, they can be faulty at times, especially when Hedgies do such unexpected things, that no Data can predict (again, more about that in a second). So please, for the love of god, don't harass me, insult me, or send me death threats when something like that happens. I understand your frustration, but don't target me.

Now the juicy stuff; What exactly happened yesterday? Here is a timeline:

9:35 AM: The market opened and we had a huge drop off in price and a HUGE spike in volume. Hedgefunds shorted over 18,363,000 Shares (over the first 5 minutes. The amount of shorting was so aggressive, that trading got halted twice within the first minutes.

9:45 AM TO 1:50 PM: Trading pretty much went in our favor the whole time, people kept buying in, we hit the daily high of $185 at around 1PM and went sideways for almost 1 hour after that.

1:55PM: Sh#.t gets interesting. Really aggressive shorting for the second time that day brings the price down to $126. At that point in time, between 5,000,000 and 7,000,000 shares were shorted in the blink of an eye. What stood out for me at that point in time was, that the price kept going in the same direction after every short attack (between $100 and $125). That tells me, it was really important to get the price down in that direction. (more in a few seconds)

2PM TO 3:25PM: People buying in again, driving the price up to $140 - $150. And Now sh#.t gets juicy.

3:30PM TO 4:00PM: The 3rd aggressive short attack begins and keeps on going for 30 minutes, until the market closes. 10,000,000 shares were shorted in this time span.

NOW THE ANALYSIS:

WHERE DID THEY GET SO MANY SHARES TO SHORT GME AND WHY WAS IT NOT PREDICTABLE?

So, how could no one forsee this? It's simple: Hedgefunds didn't borrow shares to short, they created them out of thin air. When the market opened yesterday, ALL available $GME Shares to borrow, were gone already (see my second edit from yesterday: EDIT2 (10AM): 0 SHORTS AVAILABLE FOR $GME RIGHT NOW. THEY BORROWED OVER 2,100,000 SHARES TO SHORT FOR YESTERDAY AND TODAY! (https://fintel.io/ss/us/gme; https://iborrowdesk.com/report/GME) What does this mean? Well, no one can predict or analyse how deep they are digging their grave right now, because they are not using real shares to short GME. They can just keep doing it in order to hold the price down artificially.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE ADD UP TO SHORTS AND PRICE DIPS MENTIONED ABOVE?

Now it just gets stupidly funny and obvious. If we add up the three big short attacks (18,363,000 right at opening, 5,000,000 to 7,000,000 at noon and about 10,000,000 right before close), we get 33,363,000 shares sold short over the day. Why is this funny and obvious? Check the latest FINRA report. It states that yesterday more than 33,000,000 were sold short. That's almost exactly the number that we get when we add up the volume of the dips.

WHY DID THEY SHORT GME SO AGGRESSIVELY WITH FAKE SHARES?

Because bears are fu.k. See, when GME would've closed in between $115 and $150, over 44.000 Call options would've become ITM. If exercised, that would've driven up the price AH/PRE or today in the high hundreds, maybe even thousands. Why is that so bad? The higher the price gets, the more calls get exercised (so called options chain), the more people jump in because of FOMO and we get closer to the magical $800 mark, where the MOASS would become inevitable this or next week.

WHAT CAN WE LEARN FROM THIS LOOKING FORWARD?

Hedgies don't give a single f..uck anymore. Even when all the data available states, that there are no more shorts available to borrow for GME, we found all of their ETFs where they hid their shorts, they keep shorting it to try and stop the MOASS. You know what they say: There is nothing more dangerous than an animal that's trapped in a corner and's got nothing to lose anymore. That's what we're seeing right now. No one can give accurate predictions anymore, that is based on data. This has evolved into a game of poor greed and emotions. They don't care about the long term results of their illegal actions, they just want to save their a..sses for some more weeks or even just days.

IN SHORT: BE PREPARED FOR EVERYTHING, DON'T BE SCARED OF DIPS, THEY ARE MORE THAN LIKELY CREATED ARTIFICIALLY BY HIGHLY ILLEGAL SHORTING WITH FAKED SHARES!

TL;DR: Hedgies are so f#.cked, that they just shorted GME with more than 33,000,000 non-existent shares yesterday, keeping the price down in order to stop the Gamma Squeeze from happening. The price would've jumped up to a few hundred, maybe even thousand dollars today if they didn't do it, which would've started the real squeeze today. They have nothing to lose anymore, so be prepared for more highly illegal action and don't get scared by fake dips!

IN SHORT: I LIKE THE STOCK 💎🙌

EDIT(1PM EUROPEAN TIME): According to this site (http://shortvolumes.com/?t=GME), the short sale volume was 61 % percent yesterday, with a short sale volume of 50,959,384. That doesn't mean that Hedgies opened 51 Million new short positions. I am being really conservative and sticking to the 33,000,000. If it's more than that, even better!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GME/comments/lsve5j/really_long_dd_and_analysis_what_happened/

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I left it a week on purpose before posting on this again...

So where are we at = $132.35 PER SHARE at last night's close here in the US. The price has bounced around above $100 then between $110 to $120 then $120 to $130 and is only going to go up because the Hedgefunds positions are becoming very few and far between.

They are still hemorrhaging from interest payments and have been touted as using nefarious methods to keep it at this level. The one method that they have been touted as using and sounds reasonable is that they've been using their own stocks and have been very quickly trading them back to each other at low, low prices. The supply is still low but they're trading them at hundreds maybe thousands at a time, but the system can't recognize that it's the same stocks being traded. It's just seeing the amount of times the same stock is being traded. So one stock being moved 5 times the system sees as 5 different stocks over and over again, so therefore thinks the supply is high which drives the price down.

It doesn't matter though because the retail investors (with no interest payments to pay) are holding and are not selling at the currently manipulated price. The Hedgefunds NEED to buy the retail stocks to try and close their positions and this is a slow death for them, as each day dawns, new cuts open up for them and once was a trickle of blood gets to a steady stream of blood from the interest payments they are paying.

The squeeze starts when the Hedgefunds can't afford to trick the system anymore because the interest on their shorts are getting too much. They will have to pay whatever the retail investors ask of them. The floodgates opening on this is only a matter of time.

There's been lots of speculation of when this will burst and around the 15th of this month has been touted as IMPORTANT because of A LOT of Bonds maturing on this date.

A Bond is a fixed income instrument that represents a loan made by an investor to a borrower (typically corporate or governmental). A bond could be thought of as an I.O.U. between the lender and borrower that includes the details of the loan and its payments.

So this is (how I can understand it) a sort of IOU that a company gives out so that it can make some quick capitol, so they don't have to sell things off but still get a influx of new money.

Think of it like WW2, remember those war bonds? the government sold these bonds so they could have enough money to go to war.

Now GME did the same, and they are maturing on the 15th of this month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion