Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By RedJohn
Abramovich would've probably sacked Klopp by now.

But he would have given Klopp the funds to strengthen the team as well, unlike FSG who are ready to play the likes of Rhys un defence. It's normal to ask for results when you give all the required facilities, no? Where was Chelsea before the arrival of Abramovich? Who is the most important person for Chelsea's success, it's Abramovich, for us it's Klopp who will leave in a couple of years.

Getting the big funds means you are under pressure straight away, would be interesting to know if Lampard asked for all those attackers in the summer?

Everyone thought Frank might get some extra time as a club legend, Abramovich proved that was never the case!

Your right, all the managers Chelsea hire are very good, so if you chuck money at top players and bring them in, the combo of top manager and top players generally means you have a good chance of success in the short term, which is Chelsea'a model to repeat every 2-3 years. The worry is our success is based on selling star players for big money (Coutinho) to fund top quality players (VvD/Alisson/Fab) found by Klopp & the recruitment team that are needed, then they get improved by Klopp & the coaches, in a few years that will end......

Let's face it, Abramovich's objective is to win trophies while FSG's objective is to have a business with sustainable profits. As fans, our objective is closer to Abramovich's.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

But he would have given Klopp the funds to strengthen the team as well, unlike FSG who are ready to play the likes of Rhys un defence. It's normal to ask for results when you give all the required facilities, no? Where was Chelsea before the arrival of Abramovich? Who is the most important person for Chelsea's success, it's Abramovich, for us it's Klopp who will leave in a couple of years.

Getting the big funds means you are under pressure straight away, would be interesting to know if Lampard asked for all those attackers in the summer?

Everyone thought Frank might get some extra time as a club legend, Abramovich proved that was never the case!

Your right, all the managers Chelsea hire are very good, so if you chuck money at top players and bring them in, the combo of top manager and top players generally means you have a good chance of success in the short term, which is Chelsea'a model to repeat every 2-3 years. The worry is our success is based on selling star players for big money (Coutinho) to fund top quality players (VvD/Alisson/Fab) found by Klopp & the recruitment team that are needed, then they get improved by Klopp & the coaches, in a few years that will end......

Let's face it, Abramovich's objective is to win trophies while FSG's objective is to have a business with sustainable profits. As fans, our objective is closer to Abramovich's.

As fans our objective is based on our identity and our history before trophies. Hence why 750k people took to the streets in 2019 to see the team parade the CL trophy. Six times we have won it and despite the millions he has lobbed at it in the last 18 years they have won it just once.

Twenty years from now we will probably have two or three more CL wins. I doubt if Chelsea will manage more than one in that time.

They are a horrible club run by a horrible man and they have a lot of very shallow fans, believe me I know a few. They all deserve each other.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty

As fans our objective is based on our identity and our history before trophies. Hence why 750k people took to the streets in 2019 to see the team parade the CL trophy. Six times we have won it and despite the millions he has lobbed at it in the last 18 years they have won it just once.

Twenty years from now we will probably have two or three more CL wins. I doubt if Chelsea will manage more than one in that time.

They are a horrible club run by a horrible man and they have a lot of very shallow fans, believe me I know a few. They all deserve each other.

Have you ever asked yourself why we have so many fans, probably second to United only? Because we are the first or second most successful club on trophies in England. Our history is TROPHIES. As fans why are we so disturbed to have lost against United, neither our identity, nor our history has changed following that loss? Forest has a great history as well, but see what happens when you don't win trophies

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R

I wasn't arguing for or against that type of ownership. I'd love FSG to spend a little more, but I'd also say some of Chelsea and City's titles are a little hollow. If he/Chelsea only look at short term success, that's all they'll get and it attracts those types of managers/players. Still, of course I'd prefer titles to no titles, but last season felt that little bit more special.

As for Frank, it was always a crazy appointment. Madness really considering his experience. No idea how they thought it was turn out differently.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

I wasn't arguing for or against that type of ownership. I'd love FSG to spend a little more, but I'd also say some of Chelsea and City's titles are a little hollow. If he/Chelsea only look at short term success, that's all they'll get and it attracts those types of managers/players. Still, of course I'd prefer titles to no titles, but last season felt that little bit more special.

As for Frank, it was always a crazy appointment. Madness really considering his experience. No idea how they thought it was turn out differently.

When I see their youngsters City and Chelsea buy, doesn't look like short term success, but yes they have started late. The best young player right now IMO is Phil Foden, Mount a bit behind him. As for Chelsea English fans, I know none, but have heard how awful they are

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 26/01/21 06:35 PM.
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
It's a crummy decision but Frank spent a lot at time at that manager merry-go-round club and knew the score going it. He should have spent a couple more years at Derby and learned his trade. Now he's been fast-tracked and failed he will never get his dream job again - and possibly fall out of football. This should be a lesson regarding Stevie G. Leave him at Rangers - let him take another top club if need be - don't rush him to be Klopp's successor.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A

Last season was a free hit with the transfer ban. This season the pressure was on to succeed given the signings that were made. They are going to have to release lots of dead wood unless Tuchel can work with the squad left behind. Werner and Havertz went for the big payday. We dodged a couple of bullets there.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Did Klopp kill it for Lampard with his comments about Chelsea being favourites for the title?

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Did Klopp kill it for Lampard with his comments about Chelsea being favourites for the title?

Never understood why he said that, is it because he was unhappy with the money they spent or didn't like what they did with Warner? I never saw Chelsea as favourites. In the mean time, we are off top 4

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

Never understood why he said that, is it because he was unhappy with the money they spent or didn't like what they did with Warner? I never saw Chelsea as favourites. In the mean time, we are off top 4

I think he was just saying if you spend £200+ million on players, that makes you favourites, their spending was significantly higher than other clubs.

I do not quite agree with what he said, as lots of managers have spent allot of money and not achieved anything, I think Klopp was thinking this was a special season with the games in shorter time, so a bigger stronger squad gives you a better chance. Based on that I always thought City were favourites as they have the strongest squad and potential to buy if they want.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion