Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football...artan-ntp-feeds

About Sunday, yes we should be trying to win it. I do think we need to keep some changes in the team though. It's not that it would be a weaker team... because at the moment even our best team on paper isn't producing the goods. Maybe because we have been studied so much by the opposition that they have a clear plan to nullify our best team. We've said for a while that our first team selection is so predictable. We also want a balanced approach between the cups and the league. We don't want to win the cup but finish 10th in the league... or even anywhere outside the top 4.

So on Sunday I would start Shaq and Origi again. Maybe Minamino and the Ox too. I would start Firminho and Salah this time and rest Mane. Make changes at half time if need be and then at the end of the game we can see work out the best combination for the next game.

something like:

Allison, TAA, Phillips, Matip, Roberston, Hendo, Thiago, Ox, Salah, Shaqiri/Minamino, Origi

Fabino, Mane, Wij, Firmino on the bench.... but trying to fit Minamino into the starting line up.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
We are still capable of going on a good run. These bad runs seem to happen around Jan/Feb to us from time to time.

The cup game at United we must win. We can't have them thinking they are unbeatable and we can't go to Spurs on Thursday still in this rut.

CL looks like our best bet. We don't need a new CB we need TWO of them but this is not the time to be paying over the odds for players who will not be with us for long term.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
We are still capable of going on a good run. These bad runs seem to happen around Jan/Feb to us from time to time.

The cup game at United we must win. We can't have them thinking they are unbeatable and we can't go to Spurs on Thursday still in this rut.

CL looks like our best bet. We don't need a new CB we need TWO of them but this is not the time to be paying over the odds for players who will not be with us for long term.

Good run or not, we are not catching 6 and probably 7 points, not going to happen

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty

Good run or not, we are not catching 6 and probably 7 points, not going to happen

All the other teams are capable of having a bad run of results/performances like we have with the schedules and injuries, but that's irrelevant unless we pick up our performances, we will need a run in like we had in 2018/19 season when we won like 15 of the 19 games left, which looks beyond us ATM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion