KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#636717 - 17/01/21 04:23 PM Liverpool vs Man U match thread
Hendominator Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Irish Free State
Havent been on for a while, couldnít see a match thread already so apologies if there is one but here we are.

What do we think guys? Iím hoping we put them to the sword and have been encouraged by seeing the attacking team klopp has put out. At the same time I think it could be a cagey game with both teams really not wanting to lose. Hope we smash them!

What yous think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkzkmyOln6I

#636721 - 17/01/21 07:55 PM Re: Liverpool vs Man U match thread [Re: Hendominator]
The Kop Prophet Offline
Under 16 Player

So typical and predictable. Dominate games - are masters at working the ball to the final third - then awful decision making and poor touch kill all our attacks. De Gea wasn't even tested by the front three - and it's been this way for 4 straight games.

#636726 - 18/01/21 03:15 AM Re: Liverpool vs Man U match thread [Re: Hendominator]
Hendominator Offline
1st Team Squad

Yea the front three have been poor for the last 2/3 weeks but Iím reluctant to get too carried away. The old saying form is temporary, class is permanent rings true for me. Iím confident the front 3 will discover their form this season and start banging them in again, itís just a matter of when. However we need it to happen soon or we risk losing the title. Jota back in a few weeks should help.

Wouldnít mind seeing us make a go of the FA cup too if weíre not gonna win the league. Havenít won it since 2006 and I personally would be very happy to see us hoist it at Wembley. Still the champions league in a month too so I think thereís prizes to be won if we can discover a bit of form. Itís all about getting your name on a trophy in May.

#636728 - 18/01/21 05:58 AM Re: Liverpool vs Man U match thread [Re: The Kop Prophet]
EnergisedReds Online   content
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
So typical and predictable. Dominate games - are masters at working the ball to the final third - then awful decision making and poor touch kill all our attacks. De Gea wasn't even tested by the front three - and it's been this way for 4 straight games.

I am not sure it's the front 3, yes it would be if they are missing easy chances, but the problem is that we are not creating enough chances. My explanation is that we are playing our possession football very safely with the main objective of not losing possession, maybe because we are worried of our defence. Thus we are taking a lot of time to build up, thus allowing opponents to get well organised. We have become too slow in our build up, even Salah looks afraid to take on opponents. We are pressing less and keeping the ball more, but, in a sterile way. In addition we are missing VVD to score/put pressure, on set pieces

Edited by EnergisedReds (18/01/21 06:00 AM)

#636730 - 18/01/21 06:12 AM Re: Liverpool vs Man U match thread [Re: Hendominator]
elimmel Online   content
Under 18 Player

i think the impact of Fabinho not playing DM could be understated.

#636731 - 18/01/21 06:19 AM Re: Liverpool vs Man U match thread [Re: elimmel]
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By elimmel
i think the impact of Fabinho not playing DM could be understated.

Agree, and VVD's influence on scoring from corners. Last year, this is how we won the game and Salah's last minute goal was only because we were leading. As we won't buy a CB, let's hope to at least qualify for CL

Edited by EnergisedReds (18/01/21 06:20 AM)

#636737 - 18/01/21 04:51 PM Re: Liverpool vs Man U match thread [Re: Hendominator]
Hendominator Offline
1st Team Squad

I wouldnít get too down in the dumps yet, I still think weíll have more than enough to qualify for the CL. Youíre point about missing VVD from set pieces is definitely spot on, realistically losing him will cost us 15 odd points this season. Would love us to sign a CB this month but sadly i donít think itís likely. As I said above, I reckon a cup/CL run could be our best bet this season.

#636738 - 19/01/21 03:16 AM Re: Liverpool vs Man U match thread [Re: Hendominator]
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Hendominator
I wouldnít get too down in the dumps yet, I still think weíll have more than enough to qualify for the CL. Youíre point about missing VVD from set pieces is definitely spot on, realistically losing him will cost us 15 odd points this season. Would love us to sign a CB this month but sadly i donít think itís likely. As I said above, I reckon a cup/CL run could be our best bet this season.

More than enough? City, United and Spurs are playing better than us fir some time, the battle will be with Leicester and Everton, so can't se us having more than enough

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Time for a proper striker - the false 9 is so played out!
by EnergisedReds
26/02/21 03:18 AM
Evertons Stadium given approval
by jim_beam
25/02/21 04:54 PM
Who needs an enemy when you have a 'friend' like Carragher
by EnergisedReds
24/02/21 05:16 PM
Mbappe to Liverpool not just a pipedream?
by The Kop Prophet
23/02/21 11:54 PM
Start Planning For Next Season
by Oli
22/02/21 10:26 AM

General Discussion
Beware of Crypto currencies!
by Pickles
26/02/21 02:52 AM
The Time Has Come!!!
by EMP
25/02/21 05:29 PM
Gamestop...potential greatest wealth transfer in history?
by Pickles
25/02/21 03:59 PM
Boycott the world cup
by Stanley Park
23/02/21 12:49 PM
Texas freeze the end of the republican party?
by EMP
22/02/21 06:51 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 96
Pickles 75
Stanley Park 67
Shaggydog 46
ecnirp98 43
EMP 27
AccaBoosty 18
Snakeye 17
Oli 15