KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Havent been on for a while, couldn’t see a match thread already so apologies if there is one but here we are.

What do we think guys? I’m hoping we put them to the sword and have been encouraged by seeing the attacking team klopp has put out. At the same time I think it could be a cagey game with both teams really not wanting to lose. Hope we smash them!

What yous think?

Pete: Berg, I'm just not cut out to be a good person.
Berg: I know. That's why the Lord gave us good looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkzkmyOln6I
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
So typical and predictable. Dominate games - are masters at working the ball to the final third - then awful decision making and poor touch kill all our attacks. De Gea wasn't even tested by the front three - and it's been this way for 4 straight games.

1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Yea the front three have been poor for the last 2/3 weeks but I’m reluctant to get too carried away. The old saying form is temporary, class is permanent rings true for me. I’m confident the front 3 will discover their form this season and start banging them in again, it’s just a matter of when. However we need it to happen soon or we risk losing the title. Jota back in a few weeks should help.

Wouldn’t mind seeing us make a go of the FA cup too if we’re not gonna win the league. Haven’t won it since 2006 and I personally would be very happy to see us hoist it at Wembley. Still the champions league in a month too so I think there’s prizes to be won if we can discover a bit of form. It’s all about getting your name on a trophy in May.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
So typical and predictable. Dominate games - are masters at working the ball to the final third - then awful decision making and poor touch kill all our attacks. De Gea wasn't even tested by the front three - and it's been this way for 4 straight games.

I am not sure it's the front 3, yes it would be if they are missing easy chances, but the problem is that we are not creating enough chances. My explanation is that we are playing our possession football very safely with the main objective of not losing possession, maybe because we are worried of our defence. Thus we are taking a lot of time to build up, thus allowing opponents to get well organised. We have become too slow in our build up, even Salah looks afraid to take on opponents. We are pressing less and keeping the ball more, but, in a sterile way. In addition we are missing VVD to score/put pressure, on set pieces

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 18/01/21 06:00 AM.
E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
i think the impact of Fabinho not playing DM could be understated.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By elimmel
i think the impact of Fabinho not playing DM could be understated.

Agree, and VVD's influence on scoring from corners. Last year, this is how we won the game and Salah's last minute goal was only because we were leading. As we won't buy a CB, let's hope to at least qualify for CL

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 18/01/21 06:20 AM.
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I wouldn’t get too down in the dumps yet, I still think we’ll have more than enough to qualify for the CL. You’re point about missing VVD from set pieces is definitely spot on, realistically losing him will cost us 15 odd points this season. Would love us to sign a CB this month but sadly i don’t think it’s likely. As I said above, I reckon a cup/CL run could be our best bet this season.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Hendominator
I wouldn’t get too down in the dumps yet, I still think we’ll have more than enough to qualify for the CL. You’re point about missing VVD from set pieces is definitely spot on, realistically losing him will cost us 15 odd points this season. Would love us to sign a CB this month but sadly i don’t think it’s likely. As I said above, I reckon a cup/CL run could be our best bet this season.

More than enough? City, United and Spurs are playing better than us fir some time, the battle will be with Leicester and Everton, so can't se us having more than enough

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion