T
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
T
Even Sheff Utd have done better!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I agree we are a long way from title form Man City are clear favourites for me.

Up front is where our problems lie they couldn't hit a barn door. Hopeless finishing today

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
It all depends how long it lasts.

We have Burnley at home next. Ideally, Thiago & Shaq should start again with a view to coming off at 60 to 75 mins. Firminho should perhaps be rested. Hendo back in midfield and Wij also on the bench. Need some fresh players for the Spurs game.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
T
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
T
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

We have Burnley at home next. Ideally, Thiago & Shaq should start again with a view to coming off at 60 to 75 mins. Firminho should perhaps be rested. Hendo back in midfield and Wij also on the bench. Need some fresh players for the Spurs game.

Burnley are another low-block team and we're useless against them at the moment....

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Things have gone really bad since Matip's injury, I think the problem is the midfield link up, we don't want to lose possession because we do not trust our defence, and therefore very slow in our build up, making us very difficult for our forwards who are also too predictable. Something needs to change but can't see us retaining the title, not going to happen.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet

Burnley are another low-block team and we're useless against them at the moment....

Maybe we really need to shake things up. Put Salah on the bench too. Start with a different formation... try a different angle of attack. Perhaps start Origi.

Allison, Trent, Phillips, Fabinho, Robertson, Ox, Hendo, Thiago, Minamino, Origi, Shaqiri

Origi & Minamino could be the new Toshack & Keegan? whistle

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Things have gone really bad since Matip's injury, I think the problem is the midfield link up, we don't want to lose possession because we do not trust our defence, and therefore very slow in our build up, making us very difficult for our forwards who are also too predictable. Something needs to change but can't see us retaining the title, not going to happen.

Yes it's very much looking that way

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet

Maybe we really need to shake things up. Put Salah on the bench too. Start with a different formation... try a different angle of attack. Perhaps start Origi.

Allison, Trent, Phillips, Fabinho, Robertson, Ox, Hendo, Thiago, Minamino, Origi, Shaqiri

Origi & Minamino could be the new Toshack & Keegan? whistle

Dont think so from what I have seen of them

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
We lose allot from MF when Fab & Hendo play CB, the FB are also not pushing on as much as they are trying to cover the weakened CB/defense, the whole defense is not pressing and disrupts the team setup, which is how Klopp's teams play.

For the last few seasons our FB have been our most creative players, breaking at speed and feeding our forwards, unless we can sort our CB positions I see much of the same for the the second half of the season.

Matip is great when fit, but who knows when he's fit, he misses half the games, we need to buy a decent CB if we want to challenge second half of the season for PL or CL, otherwise we have to accept it will be much of the same we have already seen, unless there is a miracle recovery from VvD or Gomez.

Frustrating this PL is quite open as it stands, even with our problems we are still in the mix, City were written off 6 weeks ago and now they look favourites, as they have the biggest/strongest squad, so can cope with fixtures & injuries, any team that puts together a half decent run will win the PL.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
We lose allot from MF when Fab & Hendo play CB, the FB are also not pushing on as much as they are trying to cover the weakened CB/defense, the whole defense is not pressing and disrupts the team setup, which is how Klopp's teams play.

For the last few seasons our FB have been our most creative players, breaking at speed and feeding our forwards, unless we can sort our CB positions I see much of the same for the the second half of the season.

Matip is great when fit, but who knows when he's fit, he misses half the games, we need to buy a decent CB if we want to challenge second half of the season for PL or CL, otherwise we have to accept it will be much of the same we have already seen, unless there is a miracle recovery from VvD or Gomez.

Frustrating this PL is quite open as it stands, even with our problems we are still in the mix, City were written off 6 weeks ago and now they look favourites, as they have the biggest/strongest squad, so can cope with fixtures & injuries, any team that puts together a half decent run will win the PL.

The loss of VVD has disturbed half the team, we all knew we were very thin in central defence, not replacing Lovren was a mistake, whatever Klopp says

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion