Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dunk Online Content OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Online Content
KopTalk Editor
They've closed their training ground and suspended training due to a large number of positive Covid-19 tests. Talks underway with the FA with regards the status of tomorrow's match.

Can't go ahead surely?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Dunk
They've closed their training ground and suspended training due to a large number of positive Covid-19 tests. Talks underway with the FA with regards the status of tomorrow's match.

Can't go ahead surely?

Lots of teams impacted by Covid right now, IMO they should stop games for 1 month (postponing everything for a month) to get all players infected and immune. I don't think you can get infected twice and by then there should be vaccines avaliable for most

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 07/01/21 04:25 PM.
M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
Well you say it can't go ahead but surely the FA have set a precedent by allowing the Derby County and Chorley tie to go ahead with Derby fielding a side made up of u23 and u18 players

So why can't Villa do the same? I get the contagion bit but the FA need to make their minds up over this and make a decision one way or another - we can't be having some games on and some off - we need consistency

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Agree with the above post, if it's ok for Derby to field a reserve side then it should be ok for Villa with the caveat that they test negative and it's thought to be safe enough. Obviously if for whatever reason they deem it to be too risky then it should be halted.

I also remember not too long ago when we had to field kids against Villa because of our ridiculous schedule and nobody gave a toss, so again if we are expected to do it so should other teams.

Another side note, I find it quite amusing now that we are pretty much in the same situation as the first wave although with my cynical hat on I don't hear anyone calling for null and void now that Liverpool aren't runaway league leaders. If the league had to be stopped for a month or so how do the games fit in before the Euros?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Agree with the above post, if it's ok for Derby to field a reserve side then it should be ok for Villa with the caveat that they test negative and it's thought to be safe enough. Obviously if for whatever reason they deem it to be too risky then it should be halted.

I also remember not too long ago when we had to field kids against Villa because of our ridiculous schedule and nobody gave a toss, so again if we are expected to do it so should other teams.

Another side note, I find it quite amusing now that we are pretty much in the same situation as the first wave although with my cynical hat on I don't hear anyone calling for null and void now that Liverpool aren't runaway league leaders. If the league had to be stopped for a month or so how do the games fit in before the Euros?

The Euros will have to be postponed

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
If they can't field a team they should be knocked out simple as that.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I think Villa will forfeit the tie.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye

Lots of games have been postponed and even a whole season stopped, so it cannot be as simple as that.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Snakeye

Lots of games have been postponed and even a whole season stopped, so it cannot be as simple as that.

When are those games going to be played? Clubs play every 3 days now, you get the occasional 1 week when you have no cup game, the schedule is very tight and theres little room to fit anything, League games are important so they have to postpone those and hope that teams can play later, if City for example get another delay that will be 3 games unplayed. Where are they going to find a time to play those games I wonder. In terms of cup games they have to make a compromise as we are in a very delicate situation and sacrifices have to be made so I believe if no one can field a team they have to forfeit because there is simply no space for those fixtures down the line.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Dunk Online Content OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Online Content
KopTalk Editor
It has been confirmed that tonight's game is going ahead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion