Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Dunk Online Content OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Online Content
KopTalk Editor
There's a lot of chatter within the football media that unless things change very quickly in England that football could be suspended again.

Do you think that will happen and do you have any thoughts on the possibility?

I'm still not watching football and haven't really been able to get into it other than on a couple of occasions when some fans were allowed back in to Anfield. I have no idea of who's playing who each day and haven't watched a football show for months.

There seems to be quite a bit of resentment building up against the decision to allow football when people are being forced to stay home and not to see relatives.

I was just wondering how you're all feeling about the situation at the moment.

Hope you're all well and that you managed to have a nice Christmas.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I hope it continues, call me selfish if you want but football is my only escape and without it I feel depressed.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Dunk
There's a lot of chatter within the football media that unless things change very quickly in England that football could be suspended again.

I'm still not watching football and haven't really been able to get into it other than on a couple of occasions when some fans were allowed back in to Anfield. I have no idea of who's playing who each day and haven't watched a football show for months.

There seems to be quite a bit of resentment building up against the decision to allow football when people are being forced to stay home and not to see relatives.

Can they really afford to suspend completely? I suppose the main issue is fans in stadium and it is only in Liverpool apparently, I think this will end first. Playing football behind closed doors is not really a safety problem IMO, so not sure where this is coming from.

Otherwise, in Mauritius we do not have Covid at all in the population, therefore life is almost completely normal except for incoming passengers who are quarantined in hotel rooms (both locals and foreigners) for 14 days. That said, I don't think our economy can support that for very long as tourism is about 20% of the GDP.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Maybe the footballers will have go into more isolation, like shared hotels etc, I do not know the current arrangements, but I think the players are based at home and goto training/stadia as usual, while taking precautions on tests etc. But it seems that is not working anymore with the current outbreaks occurring at clubs and in society, the new strains are far more contagious, so maybe the current restrictions are not good enough to prevent that spread in football clubs.

I think the players/clubs will have to accept more restrictions or football will need to be suspended.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
It will be interesting to see whether the general vaccination of people will end before or after a major outbreak/shutdown takes place.

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T

These surges keep happening because a lot of people flout the rules and spread the virus. People are more liable to stay home and isolate if there is sport on the telly.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet

These surges keep happening because a lot of people flout the rules and spread the virus. People are more liable to stay home and isolate if there is sport on the telly.

Indeed, watching football on TV is not going to spread the virus, so unless there are too many contaminations within the football teams, I see no reason why it should be stopped

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Seems ridiculous to me that those shouting loudest for a halt to the league are the ones against 5 subs when everywhere else on the continent is adopting it.

Surely allowing 5 subs is going to preserve the fragility of squads to some degree, instead of having more or less the same set of players, playing every 3 days or so, lowering players immune systems?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It's really bad in the UK at the moment with this new variant which is spreading very rapidly it's worse than it was in March. If football is stopped it might be to our benefit with the catalog of injuries we have

The situation is so bad in the UK don't rule anything out

And yes we do have our share of idiots who are ignoring the rules

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
The new variant is so typical of viruses and to be expected. The virus reeking havoc in the US is a variant of the original Wuhan virus. Mutations tend to weaken in strength but increase in transmission rate - and this is precisely what is happening over there. There will be more mutations and variants and they will have to keep updating vaccines, just as they do with the flu every year. It's all very normal and no reason to halt or change standard protocols.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion