Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
With VVD getting his long term injury, I think we all feared that it would be difficult for us to retain the title, especially when Gomez got injured too. What is adding insult to injury now is Manure turning around their home game performances. What a nightmare it would be if they won the league. Will we have our usual Jan dip in form again. We badly need the creativity of Tiago and need to buy a CB who can slot in immediately, else it might be a very sour taste after last season. I hope the club has made their homework already when it comes to buying a CB, as we did when we bought VVD early in Jan

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
The WBA result hit me hard honestly, I was away on holiday so didn't see the game but when I saw the result it killed my mood. We failed to pull away on the second time asking after results were kind to us. I am worried about the season now.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
3 recent draws against bottom 4 teams is really hard to take. The title seems there for the taking this year but no-one's stepping up. I suppoe given our form that's a good thing but with a fitter squad we could have ran away with it again.

I still think City are a bigger threat than United but that deflected goal last night was painful to watch. How horrible would it be to see Klopp 1-1 on titles with Ole!

It can change so quickly this year.. January and there's 8 teams still in it! Just need 2 wins and for Villa to help us out and the United game at Anfield will have much less pressure.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Our away results have been awful and the one against WBA unworthy of champions

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I think we are the best team in PL currently, but we are in a battle, we have some terrible long term injury problems in defence, teams are dropping points, and we are one of those, so we will not be walking away with this PL.

The last few season, us & City have set new standards with 97+ points, like we have never seen before, I can see this PL being won with less than 80 points.

What we do in January could decide where we finish, I would hate to lose the PL by 2 points to Utd or City, because we didn't buy a new CB in January.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
I think we are the best team in PL currently, but we are in a battle, we have some terrible long term injury problems in defence, teams are dropping points, and we are one of those, so we will not be walking away with this PL.

The last few season, us & City have set new standards with 97+ points, like we have never seen before, I can see this PL being won with less than 80 points.

What we do in January could decide where we finish, I would hate to lose the PL by 2 points to Utd or City, because we didn't buy a new CB in January.

On current form, we are the 4th best team but nest team over the season so far. We have lost easy points which will haunt us and I hope we have already lined up a central defender to start playing in the new year

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=1

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 30/12/20 03:48 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

On current form, we are the 4th best team but nest team over the season so far. We have lost easy points which will haunt us and I hope we have already lined up a central defender to start playing in the new year

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=1

I Judge teams by their league position over time, we are top, so IMO are the best, but we have lots of problems, particularly in defence, we are not the team of last season that was head on shoulders above our rivals, that is mainly due to injuries & fixture congestion.

I agree we need to bring in a CB, Fab, Williams & Philipps have done well, but we cannot rely on them for more than half the season, the game against WBA shows that, last season we would have closed that game out for a win, I'm not blaming Williams for the draw, but with a reserve young CB and Midfielder playing CB, we look all over the place defending and that goal was coming and we could not do anything about it.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Jones was sloppy in the build up to their goal aswell.

His mistake lead to the corner...

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
City are the team I fear not man utd keep ahead of city and we will win the title. Central defence is a worry I agree but we have a lot of heavy duty midfield talent coming back

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
City are the team I fear not man utd keep ahead of city and we will win the title. Central defence is a worry I agree but we have a lot of heavy duty midfield talent coming back

Don't see the old City destroying teams this season, I think losing Kompany and then Silva has taken the toll, without forgetting Sane, Aguero has also hardly played and is getting old. Those were really strong players in their squad and their replacements have not been as good. From what I've watched they are really not the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion