Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dunk Online Content OP
KopTalk Editor
OP Online Content
KopTalk Editor
When did the full weight of the gravity of this pandemic set in for you?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Dunk

Roughly once I had the 1500th packet of chocolate biscuits watching Netflix and daytime TV

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Dunk

At the beginning when we had 2 months of lockdown but had to get people to work as the company needed to continue. Otherwise, things have been as usual for the last 5-6 months as we have been almost Covid free. That said, haven't gone overseas since Jan, last time this happened is more than 2 decades ago

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
About March 12th for me. We were talking at work about how we probably had a weeks worth of car parts coming out of Italy before we would have to shut down. We shut down March 19th by default really in a Covid world because if we had parts we would have continued. At this time we had just hit double figures for deaths per day. You could see it was rising and was not going to stop on its own get you could see the Government dithering, delaying and being non committal. Parking the bus if you like.

We had 11 weeks off furloughed. Scary times but when we went shopping there were no requirements for face coverings like now although when you walked along the street people crossed the road to avoid each other.

By June the death numbers were dropping to allow people to go back to work. In shops we wore masks and there were one way systems in shops and workplaces.

Now we have as many deaths as back in May every day and cases increasing. The only reason we are not in a full lockdown is because there is a vaccine in the system. But this is not going to be the game changer people are expecting it to be. People will go around thinking they are indestructible and will stop washing hands and looking out for others. We have an I'm alright Jack society who don't give a damn about spreading a virus as long as they can do the things they want to do.

Until everybody respects this virus properly it will exist and I have no doubt it will continue for a very long time yet. Vaccines will just paper over the cracks.

I find it strange that today we have reports of 200 UK tourists leaving Switzerland to avoid a Swiss quarantine scenario. In my own little world I am wondering what the fukk these people are doing going there in the first place.

This virus is beatable with simple soap and water and a mutual consideration for others. We have failed miserably in that respect and sit back and wait for a vaccine so we can carry on as normal.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion