Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
VAR is best at definitive decisions, that can be measured, like if a player is offside or not, todays penalty was a joke, Wellbeck never had the ball under control and was not denied an obvious scoring opportunity, it was a coming together of 2 people challenging for a ball, the ref never saw a problem and should have been left to referee the game, it was not a clear and obvious mistake that needed VAR.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I can accept the disallowed goals mane was clearly offside salah one millimetre daft but that's the rules. But the penalty against robertson was the craziest decision I have seen in 50 years of watching football professional or amateur

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'm dumbfounded about that penalty being given and Brighton robbing us of 2 points? However, Klopp made a huge error in taking Salah off because he was our most dangerous player out there. He should have taken lightweight Minamino off and the game would have been so much different, probably sewn up before the last VAR controversial pen!

Has Minamino ever played a decent game for us?

Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
We got robbed again and not at night, it was daylight robbery,that was never a penalty in a million years and Welbeck staying on his feet for 3 seconds before going down is a joke, even the first one the striker just tangled his legs with Williams and conned the ref. That's 4 points stolen off us this season, 2 against Everton and 2 against Brighton. We should have 25 points, disgraceful officiating. Just scrap var, it's clearly not working, cannot celebrate a goal anymore, what's the point of watching football anymore.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
The pen is definitely debatable as it’s not a clear obvious error as what the VAR team will like it to be.
What I don’t like is the replays that’s being showed to the Ref at the monitor is in slow mo and only at that particular moment. It warps the whole situation at times.
It should be shown in real time as on field, the ref do not make decisions in slow mo.

Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By elimmel
The pen is definitely debatable as it’s not a clear obvious error as what the VAR team will like it to be.
What I don’t like is the replays that’s being showed to the Ref at the monitor is in slow mo and only at that particular moment. It warps the whole situation at times.
It should be shown in real time as on field, the ref do not make decisions in slow mo.

Michael Owen has been saying this since last season and it is as you say wrong because it creates more scrutiny on the incident watching a 1 second clip on repeat. They should watch it at normal speed.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By kernowred
big game for Minamino.i thought he was out of favour but he was obviously left out on wednesday with today in mind.he needs a good game today.

It did not occur increasingly looking like we signed a dud

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Snakeye Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
big game for Minamino.i thought he was out of favour but he was obviously left out on wednesday with today in mind.he needs a good game today.

He was played out of position in midfield because of our injuries. This is also his first 90mins in a league game. I wouldn't call him a flop just yet.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

He was played out of position in midfield because of our injuries. This is also his first 90mins in a league game. I wouldn't call him a flop just yet.

I agree, he needs to be given more time, this is a new league for him also and he has joined us during a pandemic, where everything has been thrown out of normality , Robertson hardly played for us for 6 months and had played in the PL before, let us see him with the full team when we have more players fit.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
But he does look lightweight though, regardless of the number of games he has been involved in.

We have only 3 men in midfield, and sticking that kind of luxury player there just hands the control of the midfield area over to the opposition.

He is simply a forward player in a 4-3-3 formation or a winger in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Nothing more nothing less. If Klopp can't hand him one of those spots then no use bother about Minamino in the squad.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion