Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Minamino and Origi need game time to get going. They're not going to get it... so they will always struggle. You simply can't play one game in ten and turn it on.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Minamino and Origi need game time to get going. They're not going to get it... so they will always struggle. You simply can't play one game in ten and turn it on.

Jota did

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
But that's not the usual outcome, is it?

You have to buy players that look to be able to fit in, and then give them time.

Origi is just Origi, and Minamino was bought just because he was cheap and had one good game against us in the CL. That's a weak foundation for a transfer decision imo. No wonder he is struggling to settle in.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet

Jota did

Jota was playing week in week out in the premier league for Wolves, Minamino has come from Salzburg and not really had a good run, Origi whilst I am a fan of his abilities is not having any impact on the team anymore and is so far behind the pecking order I think it's the right time to sell.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Without going into the crazy moments of VAR and our half depleted squad I think we are coping quite well so far. Still joint top well in the mix so we have to take some context, the farce that was the Everton game means we should be 2 clear.

One note that I made in the last ten minutes, I was just thinking we still can't put a few easy passes together to keep possession and just try and see the game out. I saw us just booting the ball up the field trying to attack thinking that if we keep giving the ball back to them we are just inviting pressure. I know it's how we play but I don't understand why the players can't assess whats happening on the pitch and just knock it about for a few minutes. Game management desperately needed.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Without going into the crazy moments of VAR and our half depleted squad I think we are coping quite well so far. Still joint top well in the mix so we have to take some context, the farce that was the Everton game means we should be 2 clear.

One note that I made in the last ten minutes, I was just thinking we still can't put a few easy passes together to keep possession and just try and see the game out. I saw us just booting the ball up the field trying to attack thinking that if we keep giving the ball back to them we are just inviting pressure. I know it's how we play but I don't understand why the players can't assess whats happening on the pitch and just knock it about for a few minutes. Game management desperately needed.

This season looks a very close race and being top or even 5th means nothing so far. If we play as we did on Saturday, we can forget 1st place. We were probably too tired for an early kick off as Klopp seemed to say and as I said, injuries will most probably be a big part of the final position, we are really not coping well with injuries

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Happy to be proved wrong with minsmino he looked awesome when we played Salzburg but to be fair he has been here a year so the need more time argument does not stack up. As for playing out of position yes agreed partly a good midfield player should be able to play anywhere in midfield the true position of minamino is further forward but he has no chance of ousting our top four.

As I say happy to be proved wrong but right now I can't see the point of him

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By van Gogh

You have to buy players that look to be able to fit in, and then give them time.

Origi is just Origi, and Minamino was bought just because he was cheap and had one good game against us in the CL. That's a weak foundation for a transfer decision imo. No wonder he is struggling to settle in.

From what I have heard, we take our time assessing players, we do not jump on the latest name, the transfer team check their history/personality etc to make sure they will fit in, so I doubt we signed him as he was cheap, he was a player we were interested in and who had a good release clause we could use, that is why we have been so successful in the transfer market over the last few years.

As other have said, he has come from a different league, moved to a new country with a new language in the midst of a pandemic where he has probably been in isolation on his own, with very little game time, so with all this, it is far too early to judge him.

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By van Gogh

From what I have heard, we take our time assessing players, we do not jump on the latest name, the transfer team check their history/personality etc to make sure they will fit in, so I doubt we signed him as he was cheap, he was a player we were interested in and who had a good release clause we could use, that is why we have been so successful in the transfer market over the last few years.

As other have said, he has come from a different league, moved to a new country with a new language in the midst of a pandemic where he has probably been in isolation on his own, with very little game time, so with all this, it is far too early to judge him.

Agree, I don't know if Van Gogh was being deliberately tongue in cheek with that comment.

I don't think we buy players on a whim (not many anyway) that's pretty obvious if you know anything about how the club is run now. Look at the difference between our policy to what United are doing which just looks like Ed Woodward throwing darts at a board.

Thing I like about him most at the moment and why I'm prepared to give more time is his attitude and work ethic look to be fantastic.

Last edited by jim_beam; 01/12/20 10:38 AM.
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
You have to hand it to Everton, they really did a number on us.

Not the 2 points but VvD out for most of the season and Thiago out until the new year. Best result they could've hoped for.
With Fabinho permanent CB we could have really used Thiago at the moment, esp with Spurs coming up.
If we're still a few points off in January I'll be happy.

I feel for Keita but we need to get rid of these injury prone players, just can't be relied upon. No idea if Ox is even still alive!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion