Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
It's all down to klopp after a succession of poor managers (with the exception of Rodgers but too early) FSG landed klopp. Who has exceeded all expectations. Our success is due to klopp who I would say is second only to shankly and Paisley and in time might be up with them.

I still maintain and always will FSG are the reason we have not had a new stadia and that will hurt us over the long term. But that's not my concern

The new stadium would have been empty right now and debt repayments still on, I was wondering how Spurs were coping.

wasn't thinking right now but over next 50 years

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It's all down to klopp after a succession of poor managers (with the exception of Rodgers but too early) FSG landed klopp. Who has exceeded all expectations. Our success is due to klopp who I would say is second only to shankly and Paisley and in time might be up with them.

I still maintain and always will FSG are the reason we have not had a new stadia and that will hurt us over the long term. But that's not my concern

The new stadium would have been empty right now and debt repayments still on, I was wondering how Spurs were coping.

wasn't thinking right now but over next 50 years

The big majority would be watching on line or on tv by then and we will have a 65k stadium well before that even if not brand new.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
This pandemic has proved football needs crowds I can never see the day when football is played online if it is then there is no need for a stadium at all. If football ever goes online in an indoor gym I want nothing to do with it anyway

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
No one can say that Klopp hasn't been absolutely instrumental to everything! There is no denying that, but it was all part of the process. Rodgers was part of the process whilst Klopp was unavailable. I believe FSG wanted Klopp long before he was hired.

It wasn't only Klopp though, it was the sum of all parts, Edwards, Hogan and the rest of the staff included. Fsg got the right people in place and made sure Klopp got the staff he wanted. They worked with Klopp on a plan to rejuvenate the club. The new training complex is also great.

My point is, they seem to know what they are doing and have brought us success. Sure, they made some mistakes along the way but overall I feel the club is in a good place. It was just a different approach to the oil billionaires, it took time, it wasn't an overnight haul over.

Either way, I have no doubts you too are ecstatic we finally clinched the title and CL again! Long may it continue! Its good to be chatting to you again!

Sign Reus
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Ninja Skrtel
No one can say that Klopp hasn't been absolutely instrumental to everything! There is no denying that, but it was all part of the process. Rodgers was part of the process whilst Klopp was unavailable. I believe FSG wanted Klopp long before he was hired.

It wasn't only Klopp though, it was the sum of all parts, Edwards, Hogan and the rest of the staff included. Fsg got the right people in place and made sure Klopp got the staff he wanted. They worked with Klopp on a plan to rejuvenate the club. The new training complex is also great.

My point is, they seem to know what they are doing and have brought us success. Sure, they made some mistakes along the way but overall I feel the club is in a good place. It was just a different approach to the oil billionaires, it took time, it wasn't an overnight haul over.

Either way, I have no doubts you too are ecstatic we finally clinched the title and CL again! Long may it continue! Its good to be chatting to you again!

Good to meet you again Ninja and seems you have a new location? FSG are good owners solid and stable but it is an entirely commercial motivation making money nothing else. Theres nothing wrong in that of course but we are limited compared to other clubs. Long term I worry about that. But for now we are doing great and lets enjoy this era which could be for next 5 or 10 years hopefully

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I don't think there are many clubs around who's owners are in it because they love the club. That's an unfortunate circumstance but I believe it to be the case in almost all clubs. The owners are there to either make money or gain political influence in the world. I am sure that Man City's owners are in it mainly to gain influence.

Sign Reus
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I don't think there are many clubs around who's owners are in it because they love the club. That's an unfortunate circumstance but I believe it to be the case in almost all clubs. The owners are there to either make money or gain political influence in the world. I am sure that Man City's owners are in it mainly to gain influence.

True but some have more assets and risk appetite than others

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
This pandemic has proved football needs crowds I can never see the day when football is played online if it is then there is no need for a stadium at all. If football ever goes online in an indoor gym I want nothing to do with it anyway

I never said football will be only on line, we will have a 65k stadium rather sooner than later, is that not enough to make noise?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Risk appetite? Neither City nor Chelsea owner built a new stadium despite their assets, Spurs did one on debt because they couldn't increase the capacity of WHL, they didnt really have a choice, same for Arsenal, Everton is building a stadium which will have less seats than Anfield , so appetite for what exactly? Do you think sponsors will pay more to advertise in Everton's new stadium or the history of Anfield?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Risk appetite? Neither City nor Chelsea owner built a new stadium despite their assets, Spurs did one on debt because they couldn't increase the capacity of WHL, they didnt really have a choice, same for Arsenal, Everton is building a stadium which will have less seats than Anfield , so appetite for what exactly? Do you think sponsors will pay more to advertise in Everton's new stadium or the history of Anfield?

Teams fear coming to Anfield, there is the famous quote from Wenger where he said coming to Anfield was the hardest. If we can extend Anfield as we have/will and keep the atmosphere, that is the best option for me, look at the Arsenal & City grounds which have poor atmospheres, but are nice, shiny & new with no soul.

That's even without considering the debt we would need to take on to build a new stadium in the current climate, look how Tottenham are struggling needing more loans and warnings on losses.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion