Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Hardly a bad spell when he is running on fumes since last season, he has declined. He use to create and influence the game but he has been a passenger for the past 6 months even more.

Looks like he has lost confidence in front of the goal post, taking the extra touch before hitting. Maybe he would be better in the number 10 position as his his trickery is still very good.

D
Trialist
Trialist
D
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Hardly a bad spell when he is running on fumes since last season, he has declined. He use to create and influence the game but he has been a passenger for the past 6 months even more.

Looks like he has lost confidence in front of the goal post, taking the extra touch before hitting. Maybe he would be better in the number 10 position as his his trickery is still very good.

I prefer to see his trickery in the #10 - he can hold the ball up, slip it through for the front 3 etc - esp against teams that park the bus

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J

So then let him have a bit of a rest and rotate with Jota? We have that luxury now, also much of that 6 months was when we had the league wrapped up anyway. You could well be right but I think it's too early to just chuck him out, he's still quality player to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Now if you said Origi is finished I would completely agree, he is now so far down the pecking order I don't see him playing much. But not Firmino.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Firmino still fits into our play, my concern is he never seems to look like scoring, he is rarely taking shots when in good positions, so I think his confidence might be shot, maybe dropping him off into Midfield might suit him?

At least now with Jota we have a quality replacement, so we can take Bobby out and give him a break, as we did last night.

I agree Origi is finished with us, he never really fitted into Klopp's system and now we have quite a few subs who fit the system much better than Origi, so he should move on, he's scored some important goals for us, so he will always be remembered well, but for his own development, he needs to move on as I cannot see him getting anywhere near our starting 11 in competitive games.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion