KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Watched this on amazon prime last night it was very good. Its about Stephen Gerrard it was an insight into life as a professional footballer. They earn millions and have a great life but we dont realise the other side the mental strain and physical injury Gerrard broke his back with the strain of exertion through his career.

Its worth a watch

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
also that slip against chelsea affected him really badly mentally and his wife talks about that.

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
also that slip against chelsea affected him really badly mentally and his wife talks about that.

It's such crap that the failure to win the league that year falls on that moment and on his shoulders. You have 38 games to accrue points... and that's not the only game we dropped points we shouldn't have. Furthermore, Gerrard is not a defender... why was he in that position? I watched that lad strap the team on his back and win so many games on his own... it is an injustice to saddle him with this.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I completely agree but Gerrard did not see it that way. Great players are always their biggest critics why they are so good

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Leagues are won & lost over a season, not individual games, I understand his feelings on the slip. I bet he feels better now we have won the PL, takes the burden off him abit, as LFC have the PL title we all wanted so much, hopefully that will help him deal with it.

It was a good documentary on him, he deserved a better team around him at his prime, think of him at his prime in our current team under Klopp.

J
Trialist
Trialist
J
I watched it this afternoon and really felt for him especially having to deal with all that pressure even when he was injured. I know not everyone will agree with me but I sincerely wish that he can win the title as our Manager one day.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Jan1957
I watched it this afternoon and really felt for him especially having to deal with all that pressure even when he was injured. I know not everyone will agree with me but I sincerely wish that he can win the title as our Manager one day.

I also wish so, I even wished Klopp to sign him after the lockdown to give him some games to win the medal as we were sure to win the league, would have been personally happier than breaking the points record which we missed anyway.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion