Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Minamino would be my choice

Balotelli would be a laugh, ex player, player/manager maybe?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
John Achterberg or El Hadji Diouf

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
no not steve gerrard should be based on ability not emotion we made that mistake bringing Dalglish back and look where that ended up

Didn't we win one trophy in his first full season and he did much better than Hodgson? Brendan didn't win us any trophy, did he? It's always taking a chance with managers and players, I agree though that it is still early for Gerrard, but it is still early for Klopp leaving as well, so this is a rubbish thread right now.

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 26/09/20 02:59 AM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
no not steve gerrard should be based on ability not emotion we made that mistake bringing Dalglish back and look where that ended up

Didn't we win one trophy in his first full season and he did much better than Hodgson? Brendan didn't win us any trophy, did he? It's always taking a chance with managers and players, I agree though that it is still early for Gerrard, but it is still early for Klopp leaving as well, so this is a rubbish thread right now.

I wouldn't mind Gerrard getting the managers job, but it has to be on merit, not because he is an ex player/legend, it should be because he has done very well at other clubs and is the best manager we can get, being one of our best players ever does not make him a good manager, we tried that with Souness and it never worked.

Chelsea have risked this with Lampard, he did ok at Derby, but didn't do anything amazing, they failed in the play offs and he gets the Chelsea job and spends £250 million, let's see how that works out this season, the fans will give him extra time as a legend, not sure about Abramovich...

Like you say, far too early, hopefully we have Klopp for another 4 years, so lots of managers will come and go in that time, I hope Klopp signs another deal and stays longer, but we will see.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
I don't get the obsession with ex players. I want to win trophies. And Gerrard is not the best manager for LFC. He may be but he has to prove it first. Why take the risk. Get in the best of the best. Our next manager should be a top 10 world manager.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion