Print Thread
Rate Thread
#635406 22/09/20 04:35 PM
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
It is being reported we have agreed a deal for Sarr from Watford....

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/aston-villa-tempting-offer-liverpool-ismaila-sarr-deal

I'd be surprised if it happens, unless we have sold Origi & Brewster, or maybe one of Salah, Mane or Firmino?

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
Calm down - it's TalkSport....

Also, if we got Sarr as well as Jota that means we are selling Brewster and Origi, that's all.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
The COVID cases increasing again and the likes of the Spurs v Leyton Orient League Cup game being abandoned, David Moyes and 2 other West Ham players being diagnosed with COVID is now likely to halt any negotiations for bringing any more players in. It's now likely we will only be selling or loaning players out now in this transfer window.

On another note Matip is not likely to be available for a month or more and Gomez is carrying a knock, Fabinho will be used more at CB and I have a feeling this could be his role going forward with Alcantara taking over Fabinho's holding role.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
It seems we had a shortlist of 3: Jota, Sarr and Jonathon David.
Klopp's priority was for Jota who he rates highly and if Wolves weren't going to budge then to go after Sarr. With Wolves expressing an interest in Hoever and also Ox, Liverpol were able to offset some of the money for Jota by selling Hoever outright.

Another one we were/are looking at is Dembele, however this was a loan deal with a view to buy...this one could still yet happen if Barcelona don't find a buyer for Dembele in this window.

It does make sense about us having Sarr as an alternative to Jota and likely we did some groundwork with Watford on the transfer fee hence the stories coming out about an exact fee for Sarr, However once the Jota and Hoever deals were done they backed out of further negotiations for Sarr.

Think about it we have Jota and Minamino covering Mane and Salah, bringing in another winger in Sarr does not make any sense. We also have Origi, Ox and Shaqiri who can play out wide as well.

Dembele if we do get him will be competition for Firmino.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I'd probably worry if we got Sarr one of Mane/Salah are going, but I can't see either happening this window.

Very happy with Jota but we really need a CB. Fabinho's still our best midfielder.

We do seem to have quite a few injury prone players at the moment who'll probably need moving on soon.

E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
i think Origi will follow Wilson, Grujic and Shaq out the door.
Brewster on loan and no buyer for Karius....

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Club is saying we are done with signings just outgoings now. I am happy with that. We have enough power to win the league. We still need a bit of luck with not getting key players injured, but that is the same for most teams.

With the current Covid situation. I am happy for us to use Fabino in defence whilst Gomez or Matip are injured. Get to the summer or if things are bad reassess the defence in January.

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
It seems we had a shortlist of 3: Jota, Sarr and Jonathon David.
Klopp's priority was for Jota who he rates highly and if Wolves weren't going to budge then to go after Sarr. With Wolves expressing an interest in Hoever and also Ox, Liverpol were able to offset some of the money for Jota by selling Hoever outright.

Another one we were/are looking at is Dembele, however this was a loan deal with a view to buy...this one could still yet happen if Barcelona don't find a buyer for Dembele in this window.

It does make sense about us having Sarr as an alternative to Jota and likely we did some groundwork with Watford on the transfer fee hence the stories coming out about an exact fee for Sarr, However once the Jota and Hoever deals were done they backed out of further negotiations for Sarr.

Think about it we have Jota and Minamino covering Mane and Salah, bringing in another winger in Sarr does not make any sense. We also have Origi, Ox and Shaqiri who can play out wide as well.

Dembele if we do get him will be competition for Firmino.

Sounds like Watford wanted allot of the fee upfront, whereas Wolves were willing to spread the payments over the contract, which suits us better ATM, Watford are probably just trying to rekindle/create interest in the deal as they know we have pulled out and moved on, abit like what happened with the Norwich LB Lewis, we have been sensible in this transfer window and moved on if the deal did not suit us, rather than be held to ransom.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion