Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Pickles we are not dissecting his performance in the 45 minutes but using that to judge his potential in this team which for me looked immense. I did say he was rusty in original post

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By Pickles
I don't think he had such a great game, he often chose the wrong option with his passing. He had a couple of opportunities where he could have had a shot but he chose to pass out wide. The opportunity he did take a shot at, was very weak when nobody was around him, not even testing Kepa. He was lucky that we were 2 ahead at the time when he took a nibble at Werner and Ali saved him a calamitous introduction.

I really like Alcantara, I thought he was dominant in the CL final against PSG, but I wasn't impressed with yesterday's performance from him. The folks who are cooing and ahhhing about his performance yesterday...did you actually watch the game?

Let's not get carried away about the amount of passes he made, none were game changing, most were the wrong option and looking from the outside in, Liverpool's players were peppering him with the ball to try and get him acquainted with the team/game. Chelsea were playing with 1 less men when Alcantara was introduced, it was effectively a boxing match with the opponent on the ropes with his hands tied behind his back.

I have no doubt Alcantara will breath some new creative spark into our midfield, but let's not polish a bog standard performance up from him!

WOW just wow.... did YOU actually watch the game?

yeah bit clumsy for the pen and certainly a couple of passes and dribbles which didn't come off.

BUT if you are seriously saying you did not see how his passing, tempo and composure on the ball yesterday gave us such a massive boost as a team then there really is no point in talking football with you. LOL ok we all have different opinions so crack on.

He obviously needs to be consistent and carry it on but just as a 45 min preview I think he will be a great addition to the team.

E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
I liked the way he keeps the game flowing. Doesn’t hold on to the ball too long, always looking to release it quickly.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By elimmel
I liked the way he keeps the game flowing. Doesn’t hold on to the ball too long, always looking to release it quickly.

Yes exactly his mind is razor sharp and he does the unexpected the issue is his team mates cottoning on and being in tune and once that's in place we will be unplayable

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By elimmel

Yes exactly his mind is razor sharp and he does the unexpected the issue is his team mates cottoning on and being in tune and once that's in place we will be unplayable

The big thing I noticed is that usually when we lose Henderson the whole tempo of the team breaks down, we did not miss Henderson in the second half after Thiago came on, so that is a big plus, he kept the ball moving fast.

Let's not get too excited, lets see if he can do it away at Stoke on a wet Wednesday night in January smile

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I was very impressed. He only signed a few days before and he's thrown on at half time away to Chelsea.

Yes they were down to 10 men but you could immediately tell he's a class apart. Always wanted the ball, supermely confident, dictated the pace. Wait until he gets time to gel with the team and predict the forwards runs.

He's an immense signing for me and just what we wanted to see. We just got him on the cheap.

Some great options now in midfield and we actually won't miss Fabs in the middle. What Klopps patiently created on a budget is incredible really and it's great watching other teams knee-jerk into big money buys with no clear plan.

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Originally Posted By Pickles
I don't think he had such a great game, he often chose the wrong option with his passing. He had a couple of opportunities where he could have had a shot but he chose to pass out wide. The opportunity he did take a shot at, was very weak when nobody was around him, not even testing Kepa. He was lucky that we were 2 ahead at the time when he took a nibble at Werner and Ali saved him a calamitous introduction.

I really like Alcantara, I thought he was dominant in the CL final against PSG, but I wasn't impressed with yesterday's performance from him. The folks who are cooing and ahhhing about his performance yesterday...did you actually watch the game?

Let's not get carried away about the amount of passes he made, none were game changing, most were the wrong option and looking from the outside in, Liverpool's players were peppering him with the ball to try and get him acquainted with the team/game. Chelsea were playing with 1 less men when Alcantara was introduced, it was effectively a boxing match with the opponent on the ropes with his hands tied behind his back.

I have no doubt Alcantara will breath some new creative spark into our midfield, but let's not polish a bog standard performance up from him!

He controlled the tempo, and made sure we don't lose the ball, which our other midfielders are prone to doing. They cant control the tempo like he can. He's like Xavi, it looks like he's not doing anything, but he is controlling the game and dictating the midfield.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
He's perfect for us.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
lumba #635400 22/09/20 11:18 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By lumba
He's perfect for us.

Perfect? Not too sure after the first 45 mins he has played. He looks less defensive than Fabinho and less offensive than Hendo, who he replaced in the game and still not sure where he'll play. Maybe together with Fabinho in front of the defence with Naby or Hendo in a more attacking position. I still think Wij will leave

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Yes, Barcelona are trying to ship players out at the moment but I expect a turgid last few days of this transfer window where they'll be trying to get Gini on the cheap.

I hope Gini doesn't go because he is such an integral part of our team, he's normally a shoo-in for a place in our first 11 players.

Why would he want to leave a team at the top winning silverware for a team that are on a downward spiral, even if they are Barcelona...I just don't get it?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion