Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#635351 20/09/20 06:01 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
bit rusty not used to our style or his teamates but by god you can see the class he has both as playmaker and destroyer he is going to improve us for sure

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Good half by him, really exciting player and I can't wait until he is fully integrated into our style.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
Looked top quality in his 45mins.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Yeap. When he’s used to our system and develops an understanding with Our other players it means the ball won’t just be constantly going to the full backs. He’ll get time and space in the middle with everyone worried about Trent and robbo. Gonna be immense for us. A lot of assists for sure.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
bit rusty not used to our style or his teamates but by god you can see the class he has both as playmaker and destroyer he is going to improve us for sure

Yes, but not sure where he should play exactly, dont think he can take Fabinho's position, not sure about Wij's who never stops running and definitely not Hendo's. I think it will be Wij's place especially if the latter doesn't sign an extension.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Theres many games and Klopp rotates his midfield from game to game, we will get injuries so don't worry he will play in his preffered position, I actually like the Wijnaldum and Keita combination along with Thiago. Thiago broke a record already most passes in 45mins by any player.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Yep!

75 passes in one half! That's pretty inpressive, be it against 10 men, but anyway!

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I don't think he had such a great game, he often chose the wrong option with his passing. He had a couple of opportunities where he could have had a shot but he chose to pass out wide. The opportunity he did take a shot at, was very weak when nobody was around him, not even testing Kepa. He was lucky that we were 2 ahead at the time when he took a nibble at Werner and Ali saved him a calamitous introduction.

I really like Alcantara, I thought he was dominant in the CL final against PSG, but I wasn't impressed with yesterday's performance from him. The folks who are cooing and ahhhing about his performance yesterday...did you actually watch the game?

Let's not get carried away about the amount of passes he made, none were game changing, most were the wrong option and looking from the outside in, Liverpool's players were peppering him with the ball to try and get him acquainted with the team/game. Chelsea were playing with 1 less men when Alcantara was introduced, it was effectively a boxing match with the opponent on the ropes with his hands tied behind his back.

I have no doubt Alcantara will breath some new creative spark into our midfield, but let's not polish a bog standard performance up from him!

W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
His position in front of the back 4 was not a position where you make game changing passes, his role was to be a conduit between defence and attack, which he did 100% better than hendo

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Sorry Welsy lad, I think you were blinded by his history.
Our current 3 most important players who make everybody tick when they play together and have made everything possible so far...
Alisson, VVD and Henderson in no particular order.

Henderson has proved me so wrong, he has grown into a monster of a player. His pass which took out the entire Chelsea defence, owing to Christensen making a rugby tackle on Mane, was magical. He had to dig it out of his feet with very little backswing to aid it to get as far and accurate as it did. Henderson is the vital cog in the middle that makes everything tick, he drives everybody else on with his selfless performances. That pass also got him injured fairly innocuously, that is his one weakness at present that he possesses...getting injured with the slightest of contact.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion