Page 1 of 2 1 2
#635282 18/09/20 07:12 PM
W
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
W
Quality understudy for Robbo.

Thiago - probably the best midfielder in world football in his position.

Diego Jota - Quality from Wolves and only 35million.

If we sign Diego Carlos it will be complete.

All for a fraction of the outlay from Chelsea and Man City.

HAVE to man up and say I was wrong.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Beats the dumpster diving of recent years gone by...HOWEVER which of our superstars have Dick Dastardly & Muttley (JWH & Tom Werner)agreed to sell for huge profit?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
Beats the dumpster diving of recent years gone by...HOWEVER which of our superstars have Dick Dastardly & Muttley (JWH & Tom Werner)agreed to sell for huge profit?

Let see, but I do not think they have, the likes of Mane, Salah, VvD & Firmino have been given massive deals to stay, so where could they go that is better, the usual clubs they would goto, the likes of Barca & RM are struggling, Gini talk seems to have quietened, so lets see, I think the will sell fringe players like Grujic/Wilson/Origi etc, like Hoever who it looks like will be sold as part of the Jota deal.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
It looks like we are starting to do business the right way.

A very good starting XI with some not so very good backup players on the bench is being morphed into something very strong. A massively talented full squad that can rotate during the season, playing on all fronts.

I mean shifting Clyne, Lallana and Lovren for these kind of players is very promising.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Also good business to bring in the players we want, then get rid of players we do not want, like Origi & Grujic, so we are not being forced into huge fee's to bring in replacements when clubs know we need to buy.

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Great shrewd business, Michael Edwards is a star. Now, who's out the door I wonder.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Also good business to bring in the players we want, then get rid of players we do not want, like Origi & Grujic, so we are not being forced into huge fee's to bring in replacements when clubs know we need to buy.

Exactly!

No whole sale changes.

Just a little bit of business here and a little bit of business there.

1 or 2 players swapped in/out every year/window means we will continue to be fresh and challenging - seamlessly without a rebuilding process needed in between!

Professionally run clubs work like this. It's still a bit unusual to find ourselves in this situation I think! Great times to be a red indeed! smile

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Wow, a little taken aback by the Jota deal as well if true. Great business and on the quiet.

Klopp has built something really special here and now we're getting the squad to match the first team. I think we could steam roll this title again.

Hopefully these signings spark Bobby, Keita, Ox into life. The midfield especially will really need to work to keep their places.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedJohn
Wow, a little taken aback by the Jota deal as well if true. Great business and on the quiet.

Klopp has built something really special here and now we're getting the squad to match the first team. I think we could steam roll this title again.

Hopefully these signings spark Bobby, Keita, Ox into life. The midfield especially will really need to work to keep their places.

A bit lost as well as I suppose he will be Mane's back up, but then where will Minamino play, CF competing with Firmino? Or maybe, Salah will play CF when Firmino is out with Mane on the right.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
A bit lost as well as I suppose he will be Mane's back up, but then where will Minamino play, CF competing with Firmino? Or maybe, Salah will play CF when Firmino is out with Mane on the right.

The word is there will need to be more rotation due to intense fixture list. So not simply back up.

There's also the possibility that a sale has been agreed and will be announced after we get the replacements in.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

The word is there will need to be more rotation due to intense fixture list. So not simply back up.

There's also the possibility that a sale has been agreed and will be announced after we get the replacements in.

We have all seen the likes of Firmino struggling for form in the past but having to play as there is no credible replacement, so now we have that replacement, they can be pulled out the team and rested, also, will keep front 3 focused if there is a genuine replacement for the front 3 in the squad.

As you say with all the games this season, we need quality replacements for the front 3 to cover injuries/suspension/form, for too long the drop off has been too much and we have struggled if anyone of the front 3 are unavailable..

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

We have all seen the likes of Firmino struggling for form in the past but having to play as there is no credible replacement, so now we have that replacement, they can be pulled out the team and rested, also, will keep front 3 focused if there is a genuine replacement for the front 3 in the squad.

As you say with all the games this season, we need quality replacements for the front 3 to cover injuries/suspension/form, for too long the drop off has been too much and we have struggled if anyone of the front 3 are unavailable..

But we haven't bought anybody to play in Firmino's position, this is the question

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

But we haven't bought anybody to play in Firmino's position, this is the question

Minamino could play Firmino's position, or Mane, with Jota playing left sided forward along side Mane, they give us many more options compared to when we just played Origi if we missed one, who couldn't really cover any of the front 3 and we struggled with our normal game when Origi played.

Thiago will also change how we play, so rather than relying on the FB's to get wide, Thiago can open up the centre with his vision and passing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion