Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ecnirp98 #635254 17/09/20 02:42 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By RedJohn
Werner should've been affordable, young, potential, completely different to Bobby.
We've got 6-7 midfielders all vying for a starting place that Klopp can chop and change depending on the opposition, form, fixture congestion etc., so why not 4 top strikers?

For Origi and someone like Wilson, there must be someone around the £40m mark. I can only assume we've had no takers. Vardy's still got a couple years of pace in him.

Vardy will be expensive and can't see Leicester wanting to sell, I think transfers will pick up as the window get's closer, clubs will panic, so I can see Origi & Wilson leaving.

Everybody will be expensive for us

EnergisedReds #635262 17/09/20 07:39 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Werner should've been affordable, young, potential, completely different to Bobby.
We've got 6-7 midfielders all vying for a starting place that Klopp can chop and change depending on the opposition, form, fixture congestion etc., so why not 4 top strikers?

For Origi and someone like Wilson, there must be someone around the £40m mark. I can only assume we've had no takers. Vardy's still got a couple years of pace in him.

Vardy will be expensive and can't see Leicester wanting to sell, I think transfers will pick up as the window get's closer, clubs will panic, so I can see Origi & Wilson leaving.

If we sell a few, we might buy a forward, especially if Origi leaves, as it stands, I am happy with our business, we have cover at LB and a quality CM, who is not like the current MF we have, so changes it abit and offers other options, varying the attack.

ecnirp98 #635266 18/09/20 02:31 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

If we sell a few, we might buy a forward, especially if Origi leaves, as it stands, I am happy with our business, we have cover at LB and a quality CM, who is not like the current MF we have, so changes it abit and offers other options, varying the attack.

Still a bit wanting for a CF unless Minamino turns out to be that player but if Klopp thought a CM was more important, then so be it. With the little funds we have IMO Willian would have been more useful. No problem to trust Klopp though I understand that you cannot get a better CF than what we've got with 20+5m

Stanley Park #635267 18/09/20 07:29 AM
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Rumours are we've enquired about Sarr from Watford.

Sounds more likely. Young, front 3, fast, and from a relegated team. Expect a few weeks negotiations on this one..

He's got bags of potential and won't mind being 4th choice. If we get someone like this and off-load 1-2, it's a really good window. Back up LB, world class midfielder & a great option up top.

As much as we'd like to see big money signings like Sancho it's just not realistic anymore and maybe shouldn't be. I don't think fans demand that, £50m net spend shouldn't be too much to ask though.

I love Gini but our midfield needed someone to freshen things up. I think he'll go now.

Thiago - Fabinho - Henderson

Quite formiddable now.

Last edited by RedJohn; 18/09/20 07:29 AM.
RedJohn #635272 18/09/20 01:00 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Rumours are we've enquired about Sarr from Watford.

Sounds more likely. Young, front 3, fast, and from a relegated team. Expect a few weeks negotiations on this one..

He's got bags of potential and won't mind being 4th choice. If we get someone like this and off-load 1-2, it's a really good window. Back up LB, world class midfielder & a great option up top.

As much as we'd like to see big money signings like Sancho it's just not realistic anymore and maybe shouldn't be. I don't think fans demand that, £50m net spend shouldn't be too much to ask though.

I love Gini but our midfield needed someone to freshen things up. I think he'll go now.

Thiago - Fabinho - Henderson

Quite formiddable now.

I like Sarr, lots of pace, he's young so Klopp can develop him to fit our system, he's got a good understanding with Mane as they are international team mates, so I am sure they have spoken, so no need for Klopp to go to Blackpool on the rollercoaster with him smile

Rumours are United are interested if they do not get Sancho, they could be using us to put pressure on Utd so we will have to move fast if we want him, I think this will depend on us selling the likes of Gruijic/Wilson/Origi, his pay should be relatively low as he is at Watford, so will not be expecting the £200K+ a week the likes of Werner & Sancho etc would demand.

I still see Brewster going on loan rather than selling him.

If we get Sarr that would be an excellent window under the circumstances.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion