Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ghostgoal #635177 13/09/20 11:46 AM
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
He looks right on it, gonna be golden boot winner this year.

Stanley Park #635187 14/09/20 09:36 AM
O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
When Salah is flying like he was against Leeds it seems that Mane and Bobby are not on their day. Hope to see some games when the front three are all having a great day. That would mean a lot of goals against any team I think.

Oli #635188 14/09/20 10:11 AM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Oli
When Salah is flying like he was against Leeds it seems that Mane and Bobby are not on their day. Hope to see some games when the front three are all having a great day. That would mean a lot of goals against any team I think.

Salah looks great, Mane just looked off it a little, but was good to see them 2 laughing when they were passing too each other and Mane hit it over the bar, like neither wanted to take it on and wanted to create the chance for the other, Bobby is a worry, he's not shown decent form for a while, he had a good chance on the second half and took it with the wrong foot.

The good thing about having 3 of them up front is that if 1 had a bad game, you still have the other 2 who can win it.

Was surprised Brewster didn't even make the bench, but I guess we had a very strong bench.

ecnirp98 #635213 15/09/20 02:14 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Oli

Salah looks great, Mane just looked off it a little, but was good to see them 2 laughing when they were passing too each other and Mane hit it over the bar, like neither wanted to take it on and wanted to create the chance for the other, Bobby is a worry, he's not shown decent form for a while, he had a good chance on the second half and took it with the wrong foot.

The good thing about having 3 of them up front is that if 1 had a bad game, you still have the other 2 who can win it.

Was surprised Brewster didn't even make the bench, but I guess we had a very strong bench.

Yes, Firmino has been quite poor for some time now,this is probably why Klopp wanted to sign Werner and dont think Brewster is ready

EnergisedReds #635220 15/09/20 07:50 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Oli

Yes, Firmino has been quite poor for some time now,this is probably why Klopp wanted to sign Werner and dont think Brewster is ready

I don't think Werner was to replace Firmino, totally different players, Werner is fast and direct, playing in the shoulder of the last defenders, Firmino is far more creative and drops off to supply Salah & Mane, integrating in play, that's why he is so difficult to replace, Minamino is probably the closest to Firmino in style with his movement and vision.

Werner was probably to cover Salah & Mane, then eventually to replace when of them moves on, but I cannot see him wanting to sit on the bench, especially with package we would have had to give him, which I think was part of the reason we pulled out, especially with Covid.

ecnirp98 #635221 16/09/20 02:27 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Oli

I don't think Werner was to replace Firmino, totally different players, Werner is fast and direct, playing in the shoulder of the last defenders, Firmino is far more creative and drops off to supply Salah & Mane, integrating in play, that's why he is so difficult to replace, Minamino is probably the closest to Firmino in style with his movement and vision.

Werner was probably to cover Salah & Mane, then eventually to replace when of them moves on, but I cannot see him wanting to sit on the bench, especially with package we would have had to give him, which I think was part of the reason we pulled out, especially with Covid.

The reason we pulled out was because of funds, full stop, even Klopp said so, no need to look for other reasons. Yes he is different to Firmino, but Klopp has had great strikers, centre forwards in his team like Lewandowski and Auba and yes, Werner could have played across the front line.

EnergisedReds #635230 16/09/20 07:34 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

The reason we pulled out was because of funds, full stop, even Klopp said so, no need to look for other reasons. Yes he is different to Firmino, but Klopp has had great strikers, centre forwards in his team like Lewandowski and Auba and yes, Werner could have played across the front line.

It was funds, but also not wanting a highly paid £50 million player sat on the bench behind the current front 3.

Stanley Park #635233 17/09/20 05:54 AM
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
It was only funds that made us pull out.

We need more than 11 players to compete. Rotation means there should always be good players on the bench.

Every man and his dog knows we are royally screwed trying to compete on all fronts or if one of the front 3 picks up an injury.

Stanley Park #635234 17/09/20 09:15 AM
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Werner should've been affordable, young, potential, completely different to Bobby.
We've got 6-7 midfielders all vying for a starting place that Klopp can chop and change depending on the opposition, form, fixture congestion etc., so why not 4 top strikers?

For Origi and someone like Wilson, there must be someone around the £40m mark. I can only assume we've had no takers. Vardy's still got a couple years of pace in him.

RedJohn #635253 17/09/20 01:32 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By RedJohn
Werner should've been affordable, young, potential, completely different to Bobby.
We've got 6-7 midfielders all vying for a starting place that Klopp can chop and change depending on the opposition, form, fixture congestion etc., so why not 4 top strikers?

For Origi and someone like Wilson, there must be someone around the £40m mark. I can only assume we've had no takers. Vardy's still got a couple years of pace in him.

Vardy will be expensive and can't see Leicester wanting to sell, I think transfers will pick up as the window get's closer, clubs will panic, so I can see Origi & Wilson leaving.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion