KopTalk

Quick Links: View All | Latest News | Liverpool FC Forum | Off Topic Forum | KopTalk Members | Help

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#635177 - 13/09/20 11:46 AM Re: Salah ? [Re: ghostgoal]
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Eire
He looks right on it, gonna be golden boot winner this year.

#635187 - 14/09/20 09:36 AM Re: Salah ? [Re: Stanley Park]
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player

Loc: Iceland
When Salah is flying like he was against Leeds it seems that Mane and Bobby are not on their day. Hope to see some games when the front three are all having a great day. That would mean a lot of goals against any team I think.

#635188 - 14/09/20 10:11 AM Re: Salah ? [Re: Oli]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Madchester
Originally Posted By Oli
When Salah is flying like he was against Leeds it seems that Mane and Bobby are not on their day. Hope to see some games when the front three are all having a great day. That would mean a lot of goals against any team I think.

Salah looks great, Mane just looked off it a little, but was good to see them 2 laughing when they were passing too each other and Mane hit it over the bar, like neither wanted to take it on and wanted to create the chance for the other, Bobby is a worry, he's not shown decent form for a while, he had a good chance on the second half and took it with the wrong foot.

The good thing about having 3 of them up front is that if 1 had a bad game, you still have the other 2 who can win it.

Was surprised Brewster didn't even make the bench, but I guess we had a very strong bench.

#635213 - 15/09/20 02:14 PM Re: Salah ? [Re: ecnirp98]
EnergisedReds Online   content
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By Oli

Salah looks great, Mane just looked off it a little, but was good to see them 2 laughing when they were passing too each other and Mane hit it over the bar, like neither wanted to take it on and wanted to create the chance for the other, Bobby is a worry, he's not shown decent form for a while, he had a good chance on the second half and took it with the wrong foot.

The good thing about having 3 of them up front is that if 1 had a bad game, you still have the other 2 who can win it.

Was surprised Brewster didn't even make the bench, but I guess we had a very strong bench.

Yes, Firmino has been quite poor for some time now,this is probably why Klopp wanted to sign Werner and dont think Brewster is ready

#635220 - 15/09/20 07:50 PM Re: Salah ? [Re: EnergisedReds]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Oli

Yes, Firmino has been quite poor for some time now,this is probably why Klopp wanted to sign Werner and dont think Brewster is ready

I don't think Werner was to replace Firmino, totally different players, Werner is fast and direct, playing in the shoulder of the last defenders, Firmino is far more creative and drops off to supply Salah & Mane, integrating in play, that's why he is so difficult to replace, Minamino is probably the closest to Firmino in style with his movement and vision.

Werner was probably to cover Salah & Mane, then eventually to replace when of them moves on, but I cannot see him wanting to sit on the bench, especially with package we would have had to give him, which I think was part of the reason we pulled out, especially with Covid.

#635221 - 16/09/20 02:27 AM Re: Salah ? [Re: ecnirp98]
EnergisedReds Online   content
Liverpool Legend

Originally Posted By Oli

I don't think Werner was to replace Firmino, totally different players, Werner is fast and direct, playing in the shoulder of the last defenders, Firmino is far more creative and drops off to supply Salah & Mane, integrating in play, that's why he is so difficult to replace, Minamino is probably the closest to Firmino in style with his movement and vision.

Werner was probably to cover Salah & Mane, then eventually to replace when of them moves on, but I cannot see him wanting to sit on the bench, especially with package we would have had to give him, which I think was part of the reason we pulled out, especially with Covid.

The reason we pulled out was because of funds, full stop, even Klopp said so, no need to look for other reasons. Yes he is different to Firmino, but Klopp has had great strikers, centre forwards in his team like Lewandowski and Auba and yes, Werner could have played across the front line.

#635230 - 16/09/20 07:34 PM Re: Salah ? [Re: EnergisedReds]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

The reason we pulled out was because of funds, full stop, even Klopp said so, no need to look for other reasons. Yes he is different to Firmino, but Klopp has had great strikers, centre forwards in his team like Lewandowski and Auba and yes, Werner could have played across the front line.

It was funds, but also not wanting a highly paid 50 million player sat on the bench behind the current front 3.

#635233 - 17/09/20 05:54 AM Re: Salah ? [Re: Stanley Park]
van Gogh Offline
1st Team Squad

Loc: Out Of Town
It was only funds that made us pull out.

We need more than 11 players to compete. Rotation means there should always be good players on the bench.

Every man and his dog knows we are royally screwed trying to compete on all fronts or if one of the front 3 picks up an injury.

#635234 - 17/09/20 09:15 AM Re: Salah ? [Re: Stanley Park]
RedJohn Online   content
Under 23 Player

Werner should've been affordable, young, potential, completely different to Bobby.
We've got 6-7 midfielders all vying for a starting place that Klopp can chop and change depending on the opposition, form, fixture congestion etc., so why not 4 top strikers?

For Origi and someone like Wilson, there must be someone around the 40m mark. I can only assume we've had no takers. Vardy's still got a couple years of pace in him.

#635253 - 17/09/20 01:32 PM Re: Salah ? [Re: RedJohn]
ecnirp98 Offline
1st Team Squad

Originally Posted By RedJohn
Werner should've been affordable, young, potential, completely different to Bobby.
We've got 6-7 midfielders all vying for a starting place that Klopp can chop and change depending on the opposition, form, fixture congestion etc., so why not 4 top strikers?

For Origi and someone like Wilson, there must be someone around the 40m mark. I can only assume we've had no takers. Vardy's still got a couple years of pace in him.

Vardy will be expensive and can't see Leicester wanting to sell, I think transfers will pick up as the window get's closer, clubs will panic, so I can see Origi & Wilson leaving.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  KopTalk Team 
Shout Box

Advertisements

Liverpool FC Discussion
Mane been asked to persuade Koulibaly to join!
by RedJohn
27/09/20 08:21 AM
Our next manager? who who who who
by tyongb
27/09/20 03:09 AM
Position nobody is talking about
by tyongb
26/09/20 02:42 AM
Lincoln v Liverpool
by Snakeye
24/09/20 09:47 PM
FinCEN Files: Abramovich had secret stakes in rival players!
by EnergisedReds
24/09/20 02:31 AM

General Discussion
Music thread! (now epic)
by lumba
26/09/20 07:34 PM
Growlers things that make you happy thread!
by lumba
26/09/20 06:55 PM
The final end of remoaning
by Stanley Park
24/09/20 12:23 PM
SHOCK REPORT: This Week CDC Quietly Updated COVID-19
by EnergisedReds
05/09/20 06:41 PM

Top Posters (30 Days)
EnergisedReds 56
Pickles 45
ecnirp98 36