Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#635130 11/09/20 12:59 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
So, it starts again and last couple of years have been unexpectedly good with the 2 big cups. But this year, we will be expected to at least continue with one big cup. It also looks like the best transfer that could happen is Tiago if Wij leaves, otherwise nothing, so no player reinforcements, only improvements.

Therefore, I think we will win it if our players play to their full potential, especially Salah who has been poor by his own standards last season. VVD has been good last season but not as great as in his first season, so some room for improvement there and Firmino has been well below what he was capable 2-3 seasons back. So IMO, if those 3 players play to their full potential and the rest as last year, we will win it easily.

That said, if we lose VVD, we will not be champions same with Mane or Salah or Alisson and if we lose any 2 of the 4, we wont make CL

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 11/09/20 01:00 PM.
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I think we all agree it'll be a lot closer, Chelsea probably finishing an easy 3rd depending how well the new players gel.

Lfc are still the most balanced, complete team so we'll win it again if we can avoid major injuries.

That said, if City sign another defender it could tilt it the other way. We were poor in most games after the break and look desperate for some new ideas. As mentioned, we need players like Firmino to rekindle old form and look to Keita or Ox to have a much bigger impact. Minamino even.
Really disappointed we've still got Origi as back up striker.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
depends on injuries it will be either us or city too close to call i will go with city as its hard to win twice on run

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
depends on injuries it will be either us or city too close to call i will go with city as its hard to win twice on run

I tend to agree because I cant see Salah getting back to his first season performance and with the number of games over the short period we'll lose first team players

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
If we're having to play 2 PL games in a week, we simply don't have the squad to cope. We sold Lovren and didn't get anybody in so Gomes and Matip being VVD's partner is a big risk and we can't expect the kids to step up. I think we seen Klopp use Fabinho at one stage in Charity Shield at the back alongside VVD which tells you he's going to use him there if we are up schitt creek. Then our midfield suffers without Fabinho there and potentially Wij gone to Barcelona.

We've rode our luck with injuries these past 2 successful seasons. It's asking for even more luck for this squad to go 3 seasons without significant injuries, playing with less recovery time between games.

I expect us to fall flat on our ar.ses this season, Top 4 at best with the current squad. Now if we keep Wij, get Alcantara and another CB we will dominate the league again and put in a great showing in the CL, potentially winning it.

To allow Wij to go would be a huge mistake - why sell for 15 to 20m when having him could bring us a lot more? Let him go on a free next season if he wants to...chances are he'll prefer to stay with us winning, than to go to a Barcelona side that are in freefall.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
I hope we will be 3rd or at least 4th and stay in CL. Not adding players while other top clubs get stronger doesn't help at all.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I expect top 2, will be close with us & City, will depend on what injuries we get, if we do not lose key players for a long time, I think we will win PL again.

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
we win it again. Chelsea second. City decline to continue . Utd get sancho and a defender or two and start to worry bout them..hopefully pogba signs new contract and we can forget about them till it ends

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
The front 3 and Vvd only missed 1 league game last season but if you look anywhere else we were disrupted by injuries all over the field, Alisson missed 3 months, Matip missed majority of season, Gomez missed a handful, Lovren majority of season injured only played 10 league games, Robbo missed a couple or so, I remember Milner playing LB a few times. Moving into midfield Fabinho missed 3 months, Henderson missed some games mid season and the back end of the season, Shaqiri has been injured all season, Naby had an injury hit season, Ox is in and out of injuries and Lallana had a disruptive season too.

Just wanted to point this out because some of you think we had 0 injuries all season.

In terms of where we finish, I think we will retain the title, City 2nd, Chelsea third but it will be very close and playing every 3 days will challenge all clubs.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
First or second, depends on when our fans can get back in, think we miss fans more than City who are used to playing to the Gallagher brothers n a whippet.
I think our tempo is lost a bit without the Kop / 12th man.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion