Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Liverpool Considering Thiago January Pre-Contract

The latest Thiago chatter, care of Sky’s Kaveh Solhekol, has the Reds considering pushing back their recruitment of the 29-year-old Bayern midfielder until January, when they could agree a pre-contract before signing him on a free in the summer.

If you’re inclined to believe that Liverpool have in fact agreed personal terms with the player and have spent the past month or so trying to drive down Bayern’s asking price, then this is the next logical step. It’s the last card the Reds can play to get a better deal.

It’s a reminder to Bayern that if they don’t drop their asking price to something Liverpool are happy to pay this month, they risk losing Thiago on a free next summer—or for far less in January, in just three-and-a-half months, after he agrees a pre-contract.

Meanwhile in Germany, Bayern returned for pre-season this week—minus Thiago, given extra time off due to international commitments—and manager Hansi Flick has been telling reporters they’re happy to keep the player for the final year of his deal.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Next up - rationing of toiletries and food at Anfield and The Academy!

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Thiago will end up staying at Bayern. Even Aston Villa has spent more £28.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
Thiago will end up staying at Bayern. Even Aston Villa has spent more £28.

Unless we sell Gini and we'll probably as 30m

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I have a very cunning plan...

Re-sign Sicknote and stick a photo of his dog on the ball...maybe this time he'll run after the ball?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I must admit that FSG are really good at managing expectations. With their antics most of us will be happy if they spent less than 30m now, on Alcantara when even the likes of Everton, Wolves and even Aston Villa having spent more. They take chances and then change when it backfires, this is how they operate, 2 examples I remember are ticket price increase and furloughing where they back tracked. They have the same strategy with transfers, we didnt spend much since a while but noises are not that much as we are winning titles, so they'll continue until we dont win and then fans start to shout

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Might as well not sign him at all. What's the point of this pre-contract crap for a player who is 29 years old? Sure, if he was a young guy - but this is ridiculous. If we sell Gini and buy Thiago on a pre-contract, FSG can do one.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Honestly at this rate I would be happy if Wijnaldum stays without anyone coming in, my fear is we sell him and not get any replacement. I also don't understand why so many fans are ok with this? Wijnaldum starts the most games in midfield and runs his lungs off every game for the cause. Henderson misses 10 games a season, Milner is too old and can't play many games, Naby is just starting to find his feet, Ox gets long term injury by the time he is fully fit he gets another injury. The man is constantly playing and he is just as important as the other cogs in the team.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Honestly at this rate I would be happy if Wijnaldum stays without anyone coming in, my fear is we sell him and not get any replacement. I also don't understand why so many fans are ok with this? Wijnaldum starts the most games in midfield and runs his lungs off every game for the cause. Henderson misses 10 games a season, Milner is too old and can't play many games, Naby is just starting to find his feet, Ox gets long term injury by the time he is fully fit he gets another injury. The man is constantly playing and he is just as important as the other cogs in the team.

Yeah I agree. I personally don't even know why we have to sell him to buy another midfielder. Wij offers a lot in midfield, and has contributed to a lot of our big wins. It would be an idiotic thing to do on our end if we sell him and get nobody.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion