Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Originally Posted By Oli
Why keep Shaqiri when he is hardly ever used.

He is still one of my favourite players. I don't know what is wrong with him. Can only be fitness levels really. He is fantastic on his day but I suppose we have other players who can do what he does and more. But £20m and he is gone. There are a few in that category. Wilson, Grujic, Shaqiri. £60m+ of players we would not use. With Covid around selling may be a far better option now than loaning out again and finding their prices dropping due to clubs not having the money.

Loaning out is not going to be an option. Woodburn, Ojo, Karius, Ejaria, Phillips, Kane are not going to make the Liverpool grade. £15m the lot would be good business with sell on clauses attached.

Van den Berg I would like to see at Oxford my other team in League One who are likely to be losing their top CB Rob Dickie to a Championship or even PL club. He needs to be playing against seasoned pros now.

There is two major problems of Shaq:

He somehow cannot fit into our play. Our wingers play outwide but both of them scored a lot. Both Mane and Salah can score as much as any strikers in the world (plus a good number of assists).
I cannot see Shaq can score as much as them. Shaq is more like an offensive midfielder/ traditional wingers rather than an inside forwards. Even in Shaq's best season, he couldn't score more than 10 goals.
Klopp tried to play him as a number 8. However, his defending is an issue in that position.

He always gets injured in the wrong timing. When there was only one game per week and Salah/Mane/Gini/Hendo dont need a rest, he could play.
When we played twice a week (either CL/League Cup/FA cup), when we all think he should play, then he get injured.

T
Under 18 Player
OP Offline
Under 18 Player
T
He plays up front for Switzerland and does quite well there. I think he might make a better Firmino deputy than Minamino.

Originally Posted By Liverotto
Originally Posted By Oli

He is still one of my favourite players. I don't know what is wrong with him. Can only be fitness levels really. He is fantastic on his day but I suppose we have other players who can do what he does and more. But £20m and he is gone. There are a few in that category. Wilson, Grujic, Shaqiri. £60m+ of players we would not use. With Covid around selling may be a far better option now than loaning out again and finding their prices dropping due to clubs not having the money.

Loaning out is not going to be an option. Woodburn, Ojo, Karius, Ejaria, Phillips, Kane are not going to make the Liverpool grade. £15m the lot would be good business with sell on clauses attached.

Van den Berg I would like to see at Oxford my other team in League One who are likely to be losing their top CB Rob Dickie to a Championship or even PL club. He needs to be playing against seasoned pros now.

He somehow cannot fit into our play. Our wingers play outwide but both of them scored a lot. Both Mane and Salah can score as much as any strikers in the world (plus a good number of assists).
I cannot see Shaq can score as much as them. Shaq is more like an offensive midfielder/ traditional wingers rather than an inside forwards. Even in Shaq's best season, he couldn't score more than 10 goals.
Klopp tried to play him as a number 8. However, his defending is an issue in that position.

He always gets injured in the wrong timing. When there was only one game per week and Salah/Mane/Gini/Hendo dont need a rest, he could play.
When we played twice a week (either CL/League Cup/FA cup), when we all think he should play, then he get injured.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
He plays up front for Switzerland and does quite well there. I think he might make a better Firmino deputy than Minamino.

Originally Posted By Oli

Up front? I remember be plays more in the number 10 position with Switzerland, that said, this is where Firmino used to play before Klopp

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
It's looking more and more likely that any further acquisitions will be by selling before we can buy, which is an absolute disgrace considering the revenue currently being brought into the club from success, tv deals, sponsors etc... 3 fairly decent earners are off our books and 1 of them we got a fee for - Lovren, Lallana & Clyne. So to reiterate the club has already freed up a decent amount from the wageroll.

Rather than go through the same cycle of loaning the same familiar faces out, it's time to bring them back for good or sell them on. The likes of Grujic, Ojo, Woodburn, Wilson and Awoniyi I believe, all need to be waved bye, bye and sold to fund players who are at the same level of the 1st team. The likes of Shaqiri, Karius and probably Origi also need to be sold because they are not pushing the current 1st team for competition for places.
The only player I would consider keeping is Rhian Brewster, however he needs to be loaned to a better team in a better league to aid his develoment. The Swansea loan was wrong for Brewster and us, he needed to be developed in a technically superior league and The Championship was definitely not it. I would suggest a loan next season to a Borussia Dortmund type team in Germany.

Liverpool simply have to up their quality of acquisitions and not spend 10 pound on 1 pound scratch cards hoping to hit it big with one of them. Our history with cheap young players has not been great and they invariably end up in this groundhog day cycle of loans until their contracts are up and they depart the club on a free, it's bad business. We have to bring a Koudibaly, Havertz and/or a Thiago Alacantra acquisitions because they will immediately up competition for places in the squad where there has been no competition. We still need players to be on their toes, looking over their shoulder at somebody chomping at the bit to get a chance.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Looking to the future, FSG need to partner with or buy another club on the continent in a half decent league and ship our young talent there, rather than them being coached totally differently to what our current 1st team is being coached at totally different clubs. The way forward is to have 2 clubs...Liverpool as their 1st club and a feeder club where our young talent can be nurtured and coached the same way Klopp Coaches Liverpool. If FSG are in this for a the long haul then they need to keep the current dynasty going for the long haul.

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet

Originally Posted By Oli

It is hard for Shaq to take up Bobby's role.

Bobby is one of the best defending striker whereas I cannot see Shaq can do the pressing that Bobby offers.
At least, Minamino offers the pressing / movement that is quite similar with Bobby.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion