Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Sensationalist headlines every couple of days, reading like an old harmony hairspray advert from the 70's or an Oasis Album name!

Don't get me wrong, he is a quality player and would be welcome to our ranks, however FSG's poker face isn't fooling anyone. At 25m he isn't exactly going to break the bank after the success we've just had...WE ARE THE CURRENT WORLD CLUB, EUROPEAN CLUB, SUPER CUP AND ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPS...pay up you cheapskate basta...rds and let us move on to acquiring a replacement for Lovren.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Honestly, from what I’m reading into it, most of the noise is coming from his camp rather than ours. His agent is working overtime getting it out there that the best club in the world is in for his player. It happens all the time. Every which way you look at it this signing doesn’t make sense. We’re absolutely stocked in midfield. Ox, wij, hendo, Keita, fab, Jones. You get Thiago and that blocks jones development. All the noise out of Klopp is that jones will be given a chance this season. Only way this signing makes sense is if wij doesn’t sign a new contract. Even then, Thiago is injury prone, is 29, would demand high wages and doesn’t look like he is capable of providing the work rate in a Klopp team. Right now we desperately need LB cover, an upgrade on origi and another CB. Just can’t see this signing happening.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
I believe Alacantra will be used as rotation with Firmino and it’s likely Origi will now be sold. He’ll also be able to slot into midfield because the likes of Milner will probably be LB cover for Robbo.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
I believe Alacantra will be used as rotation with Firmino and it’s likely Origi will now be sold. He’ll also be able to slot into midfield because the likes of Milner will probably be LB cover for Robbo.

I cant see this happening, FSG wont sanction spending 25m on a 29 years old with therefore no resale value.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
I hear we are after Ismaila Sarr and Jamal Lewis for around £ 10m each!

That's the type of bargain basement bin talent we should be after!

Now just waiting to hear the talks with both players have broken down due to us wanting to get the price down to £ 5m. eek

Meanwhile Manure and Chelsea are signing Sancho, Ziyech and Werner. cry

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
FSG can't let a pandemic go by without milking it for all it's worth!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
I hear we are after Ismaila Sarr and Jamal Lewis for around £ 10m each!

That's the type of bargain basement bin talent we should be after!

Now just waiting to hear the talks with both players have broken down due to us wanting to get the price down to £ 5m. eek

Meanwhile Manure and Chelsea are signing Sancho, Ziyech and Werner. cry

You are right but I think Sarr will be more than 10m and therefore too expensive

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Indeed!

But I was initially thinking about £ 10 m for both - combined! laugh

Last edited by van Gogh; 05/08/20 01:19 PM.
M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
Thiago should sign after Bayern win the CL.

He isn't gonna leave before then.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
Thiago should sign after Bayern win the CL.

He isn't gonna leave before then.

I agree, nothing will happen until Bayern win/out of the CL, he is playing for them in the team, so I am guessing he is focused on that and agents/clubs etc will not be allowed to contact him, so we will have to wait and see.

I think City may go in for him, Pep has worked with him before and loves him, with City's recent problems and losing the likes of Silva, he would be the perfect replacement for them, also stops us getting stronger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion