Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Stanley Park #634526 24/07/20 08:21 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Don’t know what games you’ve been watching but so far Minamino has been a big let down and is knowhere near a fill in for Firmino.

Brewster scoring 10 in 20 in the championship is a far cry from PL standard required. Ings is on 21 goals in PL so far for Soton and still wasn’t good enough to usurp our front 3.

We need to spend big or get innovative in bringing a player in that is at the same level to our trident to push them for a place and cover for absence or rotation. A Werner, Pulisic or a Havertz would have been as close to emulating a like for like of our trident.

Stanley Park #634527 25/07/20 12:04 AM
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Interesting about Werner, Pulisic and Havertz. If Chelsea sign Havertz they will have a very good attack. But they also have Ziyech, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Batshuayi, Giroud, Pedro and Abraham. Willian may not leave too.

Unless they change the rules you cannot play them all. I think Lampard is going down the Brendan Rodgers route. Hence the 5-3 the other night. They kept one clean sheet away from home all season.

I don't think Brewster is ready yet but he is getting there it seems. If Swansea win the playoffs I would expect them to be looking for him to be loaned out again. Swansea manager has Liverpool connections and Brewster could continue to develop well if he gets a shot at PL.

AccaBoosty #634528 25/07/20 04:28 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Interesting about Werner, Pulisic and Havertz. If Chelsea sign Havertz they will have a very good attack. But they also have Ziyech, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Batshuayi, Giroud, Pedro and Abraham. Willian may not leave too.

Unless they change the rules you cannot play them all. I think Lampard is going down the Brendan Rodgers route. Hence the 5-3 the other night. They kept one clean sheet away from home all season.

I don't think Brewster is ready yet but he is getting there it seems. If Swansea win the playoffs I would expect them to be looking for him to be loaned out again. Swansea manager has Liverpool connections and Brewster could continue to develop well if he gets a shot at PL.

Chelsea will definitely not keep all those players, Batshuayi hardly plays, so he will surely leave, Willian will move out on a free (would be a good addition for us especially free which FSG will love if the wages are not too much) and Giroud might also leave. I agree they are not investing in their defence though.

Stanley Park #634530 25/07/20 07:32 AM
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
If Chelsea miss out on CL, they are in trouble keeping all those players happy for the upcoming season, no doubt.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out tomorrow! smile

van Gogh #634532 25/07/20 08:26 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
If Chelsea miss out on CL, they are in trouble keeping all those players happy for the upcoming season, no doubt.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out tomorrow! smile

Yes would be interesting, they only need a draw at home, the final is really between United and Leicester

Stanley Park #634533 25/07/20 09:20 AM
E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
brewster is a year older than greenwood. he should be taking origi's spot at the very least if he's as good as made out to be

Last edited by elimmel; 25/07/20 09:20 AM.
elimmel #634534 25/07/20 12:16 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By elimmel
brewster is a year older than greenwood. he should be taking origi's spot at the very least if he's as good as made out to be

Agree, was thinking the same thing. Dont know if anybody heard about Greenwood before this season, doubt it was as much as Brewster who is supposed to be the next biggest thing in football after he was the top scorer in one of the youngsters WC

Pickles #634536 25/07/20 02:40 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
Don’t know what games you’ve been watching but so far Minamino has been a big let down and is knowhere near a fill in for Firmino.

Brewster scoring 10 in 20 in the championship is a far cry from PL standard required. Ings is on 21 goals in PL so far for Soton and still wasn’t good enough to usurp our front 3.

We need to spend big or get innovative in bringing a player in that is at the same level to our trident to push them for a place and cover for absence or rotation. A Werner, Pulisic or a Havertz would have been as close to emulating a like for like of our trident.

I saw him play for RB a few times, looked really good linking play, he did really well against us in the CL, he's just joined a new country & league, he is learning our style of play, he needs a good pre-season and time spent with the team, then we will see the best of him, so I wouldn't judge him yet. Klopp was rightly taking no chances in the run in, playing the front 3, so we haven't seen much of him.

Ings was unlucky with injuries, i was disappointed when we sold him as I thought he could be good for us, as he has turned out to be for Southampton, Brewster has shown enough for Swansea that he can be in the squad and cover the front 3, I doubt we are going to buy a big star to join the front 3, Brewster will fit in better than Origi who is more a traditional number 9 lead man and doesn't suit our play.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Origi over the summer, I thought he might leave, but in the current market I doubt it.

Stanley Park #634537 25/07/20 02:44 PM
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
To be fair Brewster lost a year of development due to injury. It is so hard for him to put a marker down. For Greenwood on the other hand the pressure has been off him in the same way it was for Rashford when he came through there. When there is nothing much to be better than it gives you a free go. Brewster is along with Origi trying to get in ahead of the best trio we have ever had as a forward unit.

AccaBoosty #634539 25/07/20 02:48 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
To be fair Brewster lost a year of development due to injury. It is so hard for him to put a marker down. For Greenwood on the other hand the pressure has been off him in the same way it was for Rashford when he came through there. When there is nothing much to be better than it gives you a free go. Brewster is along with Origi trying to get in ahead of the best trio we have ever had as a forward unit.

Klopp was also never going to take a risk bringing in a young Brewster when we were in our most important PL season chasing the title, made sense to send him on loan, the big thing is Brewster has had 6 months of regular football after the injuries and is showing what he can do.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion