Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#634456 19/07/20 04:24 PM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B

James Milner has said in the past that if Leeds ever got back into the Premier League he would go back and play for his home town club. Well they back now and it seems Klopp has given approval to sign Thiago.

Has Milner played his last game for Liverpool?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By BARTON42

James Milner has said in the past that if Leeds ever got back into the Premier League he would go back and play for his home town club. Well they back now and it seems Klopp has given approval to sign Thiago.

Klopp can give all approval he wants but he doesn't decide on what to spend but if Leeds want to pay 15m, Milner will be sold

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By BARTON42

Klopp can give all approval he wants but he doesn't decide on what to spend but if Leeds want to pay 15m, Milner will be sold

If Milner said he wants to goto Leeds, I double Klopp will stand in his way, he has always said that if a player want's to leave, he would let them go.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
We need to keep Milner for another year, he just signed a contract as well so I don't see it. He is a key player and can fill several areas, and has been great for the past 2 seasons.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
I think Klopp would let him go if he asked for permission to go back to his boyhood club and help them next season.

But I very much doubt our owners would let it happen, since they then would have to dig deep in their empty pockets for money to replace him with.

After all, as Snake says, he can fill in at a number of positions. It will cost money to replace a player like that. Especially at left back where we seemingly will have no other options but Robbo and James.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By van Gogh
I think Klopp would let him go if he asked for permission to go back to his boyhood club and help them next season.

But I very much doubt our owners would let it happen, since they then would have to dig deep in their empty pockets for money to replace him with.

After all, as Snake says, he can fill in at a number of positions. It will cost money to replace a player like that. Especially at left back where we seemingly will have no other options but Robbo and James.

I can't see FSG blocking Klopp letting a player go, he is on big money anyways, he joined on a free, at his age, I am guessing FSG would be happy to get him off the payroll, especially as he will have a diminishing role over the next year or 2.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By van Gogh

I can't see FSG blocking Klopp letting a player go, he is on big money anyways, he joined on a free, at his age, I am guessing FSG would be happy to get him off the payroll, especially as he will have a diminishing role over the next year or 2.

They probably wont block Klopp but they will tell him no money to replace and it's up to him, they would even be happy with the wages gone.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

They probably wont block Klopp but they will tell him no money to replace and it's up to him, they would even be happy with the wages gone.

Yep, I can see that, we have lots of MF players who can replace Milner, so I think FSG would be happy to have him off the payroll.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Good points.

I have taken it in and changed my mind.

I too think he would be gone if he just asked Klopp for permission.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Lallana and possibly Shaq leaving so its not a stacked midfield if he leaves,I would keep him for another season even against his wishes to return as we need him, the lad never misses a pen and is still quality even at his age, if we are going to be nice and grant players wishes to leave we'll have no players to work with in cup games where we always struggle to field a strong side.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion