Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
I think that Werner miss is going to come back and bite us in the arse next season, firmino has been invisible for a while now, would of been nice to have him. This is a great opportunity for the club to build a dynasty and win more trophies over the next few years but we cannot do it with the same line up every season, we need to invest and keep the boys ticking over, we need to bring a new player in key areas such as back up goalkeeper, a cb, a creative midfielder and a striker. These players dont need to be superstars but at least they would spice our squad a bit and keep them hungry.

FSG is not interested in creating a dynasty, they want the most profitable model. Even the chairman was not expecting us to win the league, his objective was CL qualification, he said it himself after we won the league.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
Sorry - the way we have ended the season has been abjectly pathetic. No fire - no drive - no care to go after those records. We've decided to sit on our laurels and see out the season. Very disappointing!

I agree the game at city after the party could be forgiven but the attitude post winning the title has been shocking these guys are professionals

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
The only time FSG have stood up and took notice and reversed decisions was when fan power intervened...ticket prices, furloughing employees etc...

I believe this is another important moment where the fans need to intervene and ask of the Owners to keep striving to be the best and keeping us hungry for even more success.

Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd are continually upgrading their teams. The likes of Newcastle, Everton, Wolves and Leicester are also upgrading their teams and they will be even stronger next season. We cannot rest on our laurels, there is plenty of opportunity to make the team even stronger without the need to spend vast amounts of money in doing so. There is a real danger that these last 2 seasons of success will be our last for years to come if we don't stay ahead of the curve.

There is only so much Klopp can squeeze out of this crop of players and it's starting to run dry. We do have a few kids who can contribute, however if we have to rely on them for any length of time our consistency will be affected.

To stop now and allow the field to catch up would be gross negligence on our Owners part. They need to see that the potential for even more growth is with Liverpool FC and not their other Sport's franchises here in the USA - MLB / Redsox, Nascar / Fenway. There is distrust over here in the USA of the Big Sports and fans are abandoning the Sports in droves because of political pandering to fascist actvists. Come November the ChiComm virus will be an after thought and a huge amount of sports fans over here will have severed any disposbale income that went to their chosen sports.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
We have been disappointing since football returned, it is hard to see whether it is the Covid break/winning the PL/Mental/Physical Tiredness.

Souness on SKY was saying they often had bad results after winning leagues in the 80's and they could never put their finger on the cause, a drop of 1 or 2% in performance is enough to drop points. I do not think we can underestimate the effort it has taken to beat Man City after losing out by 1 point last season with 97 points, we often make it look easy, but it is not.

The good thing is we have seen it now, so hopefully Klopp can address it, whether it is a tiredness/fatigue/attitude issue/lack of squad depth.

Would have been nice to break the points record, but the main thing is we won the PL after 30 years, if you would have offered me winning the PL with 60 points on goal difference at the start of the season, I would have happily taken that after last season.

Hopefully FSG will look down the back of their sofa and fund whatever Klopp wants!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
We have been disappointing since football returned, it is hard to see whether it is the Covid break/winning the PL/Mental/Physical Tiredness.

Souness on SKY was saying they often had bad results after winning leagues in the 80's and they could never put their finger on the cause, a drop of 1 or 2% in performance is enough to drop points. I do not think we can underestimate the effort it has taken to beat Man City after losing out by 1 point last season with 97 points, we often make it look easy, but it is not.

The good thing is we have seen it now, so hopefully Klopp can address it, whether it is a tiredness/fatigue/attitude issue/lack of squad depth.

Would have been nice to break the points record, but the main thing is we won the PL after 30 years, if you would have offered me winning the PL with 60 points on goal difference at the start of the season, I would have happily taken that after last season.

Hopefully FSG will look down the back of their sofa and fund whatever Klopp wants!

The drop started mid February, with 4 losses against Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and Watford, in fact, since then we have won only once away, against Brighton which came after the lockdown, last week. So it's not something which started after the lockdown, it started mid Feb. Let's face it, this squad has been over achieving for almost 2 seasons, we all know we do not have the best squad. Let's see what FSG do about it, but without fans pressure, nothing will happen.

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Our front 3 dont have ny competition.

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
We are missing Henderson. Never thought I'd say that.

Or we are playing like a team that won the league with 7 games to.go and are playing out nothing games in empty stadiums.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Can’t complain too much. The way we play only works when every player puts in 100% effort and commitment and it’s incredibly physically taxing. It’s hard to motivate players to do that in a competition they’ve already won, especially when our fans arnt even there to help. Most of the players are probably just thinking of fitness and making sure they don’t get any silly injuries. Which, honestly, they’re only human and I can’t blame them all that much for thats. It’s no coincidence that palace was the last game where we liked like our selves as that was the last game that actually mattered.

As for new signings, yeah if we don’t start spending it’s going to catch up with us. It’s been amazing we’ve been able to do what we’ve done despite not spending but it’s not sustainable if you want to remain successful. We can never compete with city’s blank cheque book but to not be spending and getting significant buys at all seems like just extreme negligence. We’ll see what happens. I still think that fsg would just be content with a top 4 finish every year and are happy to sustain that level. Klopp has performance miracles but we need to start using the fruits of our labour and spending to bolster our squad. We only have a year or two before key players are going to be past their peak years.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I can see trouble brewing if FSG deny Klopp funds after what he has done. In private I'm sure Klopp is seething, no doubt we'll see next season the cracks in Klopp's personna appear if FSG continue to deny funds to bolster the squad.

Anybody heard anything on the plans for the stadium expansion?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion