E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Bad news for Uefa, removes allot of their teeth on FFP as clubs will use this as a test case and Uefa will be reluctant to bring more cases, they will have to change the rules as it cannot be implemented now.

I am not too sure as the evidence is 5 years time bound and what was presented was apparently older than 5 years, so things will not change.

That said, I do not agree with the current provisions of the FFP rules. It was initially done to protect clubs going bust by forcing them to spend what the generate, which was fine. However, they afterwards put a limit on financing by owners, mainly to favour clubs with big fan bases like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern and United. I dont think that this is fair, if some owners want their clubs to catch up with the big boys, why should anybody prevent them. If they really wanted fair play, they should have implemented a budget cap on expenses as the F1 is doing

They do not want more clubs like Portsmouth/Leeds etc that gamble their future by over committing expecting success, so I can understand that, if a club is reliant on a sugar daddy etc, they can suddenly pull out and leave the club in trouble with debts, as their outgoings exceed their income.

This is particularly important at a time like this when clubs income has dropped, so allot could go out of business and rich benefactors/owners may not be so rich/in a position to fund them.

As for the 5 years rule, seems stupid, if you have broken rules, you should be penalised for that, not co-operating and delaying the investigation seems to have paid off for City, which basically means cheating is ok if you can find a loop hole, so the rules do not work/are not enforceable as is, as City have broken rules but the punishment was not enforceable due to this.

Oddly, it is probably a good ruling for us, as if they were banned from Europe, they would just be able to concentrate on domestic PL, so would have less need to rest/rotate players and their PL pursuit would be stronger.

No doubt City will be spinning this and claiming they are clean and broke no rules, hopefully the press will challenge them as they appear to have got off with it due to the 5 year rule and non-cooperation.

According to FFP, owners have a limit to invest in companies to finance losses but as capital injection, not debt so that clubs are not at risk. Abramovich has injected close to a billion GBP to finance the club, most of it before FFP, this has not put the club at risk, on the contrary, has made it more sustainable after they built a significant fan base and structure. Do you think City is in a better financial position now compared to what they were? Even if the Sheiks decide to move away, City can sell their players if ever they need to.

Chelsea owe Abramovich £1.17 Billion as of June 2018, so these are interest free loans he is pumping into Chelsea:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/6/1/17416550/chelsea-owe-1-17-billion-to-abramovich

If the Sheiks suddenly pulled out of City, it would be a fire sale, as I am guessing they would struggle to pay their players on their normal income without the Sheik's dubious investments/sponsorships etc and they would have to buy normal players rather than a squad of superstars on big contracts.

FFP cannot be ran by judging who the owner is on each occasion, the rules need to apply to all clubs.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Oli
Rich will get richer and money talks in sport as everywhere else. We will still be the not so rich but full of heart team, that wins titles every now and again.

Yep, best way of looking at it, we will be a big club with a global fan base, but we will not rival the Man City's/Man Utd's/RM/Barca on transfer fees/pay. We will need to buy the up and coming/level below and develop them, so the likes of Mane/Salah/Robertson etc, which is fine while we have Klopp, as he can do this, but I fear beyond him we will struggle to perform as we are now and will slip back into the pack for Top 4 CL Qualification.

Enjoy the good times and great football we have now, as you never know how long it will last.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Fiddling Basta.rds!

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
This is ridiculous, its outrageous, day light robbery but not surprising, I had a feeling they would escape.

If this was a small club, they would of been made an example of.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
So City will be given a transfer war chest to attack next season whilst we'll be getting Lovren for another year! sick

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Says in the Mail today they are going on a spending spree now and will buy the title again

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I don't think they can do what they did when the Sheiks first came in before FFP, they are still under FFP, so can only spend based on income, they pulled out of Maguire deal as he went too expensive. City need to replace some big players like Kompany/Silva/Sane/Agureo/Fernandinho, so that will not be easy no matter how much they spend

Press are going to link them with everyone now they are not banned, lazy journalism and click bait.

We need to concentrate on our own squad and strengthening, City have splurged big money in the past and we still beat them to the title as we spent less but better

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Chelsea owe Abramovich £1.17 Billion as of June 2018, so these are interest free loans he is pumping into Chelsea:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/6/1/17416550/chelsea-owe-1-17-billion-to-abramovich

If the Sheiks suddenly pulled out of City, it would be a fire sale, as I am guessing they would struggle to pay their players on their normal income without the Sheik's dubious investments/sponsorships etc and they would have to buy normal players rather than a squad of superstars on big contracts.

FFP cannot be ran by judging who the owner is on each occasion, the rules need to apply to all clubs.

I am not sure if the Sheiks are still financing the club as before, but yes, there is surely some dodgy sponsorship deals, but not easy to prove now, given the number of trophies they have won lately and the star players they have. I also agree that FFP should be the same to everyone, this is why I think a budget cap is much fairer than this current rule where the traditionally bigger clubs with bigger fan bases have an advantage.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
I don't think they can do what they did when the Sheiks first came in before FFP, they are still under FFP, so can only spend based on income, they pulled out of Maguire deal as he went too expensive. City need to replace some big players like Kompany/Silva/Sane/Agureo/Fernandinho, so that will not be easy no matter how much they spend

Press are going to link them with everyone now they are not banned, lazy journalism and click bait.

We need to concentrate on our own squad and strengthening, City have splurged big money in the past and we still beat them to the title as we spent less but better

I agree, except that FFP is supposed to be more lenient because of Covid, though I think it only the current season

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

I agree, except that FFP is supposed to be more lenient because of Covid, though I think it only the current season

I expect the primary reason Uefa are going to be more lenient with FFP this season is so owners could pay money into their clubs to help pay the bills/staff etc, both big & small, if City's owners used it to pay in/spend £250 million on players I think Uefa would query that.

FFP is balanced over a few years spending, so they may try and even it up, dependant on what happens next season with matchday supporters etc, but no one knows what Uefa will do now after the CAS ruling, it weakens their position and strengthens the big clubs against them.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion