Print Thread
Rate Thread
#634343 11/07/20 05:28 PM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B

Guys this is not a knee-jerk reaction as I have been saying this all season. Today was another case of we should have been out of sight long before Burnley equalised. I know Salah has won two Golden boots but sometimes his finishing is very poor.

The fact that City have a superior goal difference to us despite the difference in points speaks volumes. City, Utd and Chelsea are all strengthening this summer and will be serious contenders next season-we need to too.

Timo Werner could turn out to be a very expensive miss indeed.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I agree

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By BARTON42

Guys this is not a knee-jerk reaction as I have been saying this all season. Today was another case of we should have been out of sight long before Burnley equalised. I know Salah has won two Golden boots but sometimes his finishing is very poor.

The fact that City have a superior goal difference to us despite the difference in points speaks volumes. City, Utd and Chelsea are all strengthening this summer and will be serious contenders next season-we need to too.

Indeed, but we dont have money to spend, 13 clubs have spent more than us in the last five years

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
then we should damm well get the money I will not tolerate medocrity

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
I think it's silly to overreact. All teams have been inconsistent since the restart - even city and chelsea have lost games they should have won. The lockdown and the uncertainty has taken it's toll on everyone, including us. It was a poor result today but we could have lost.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
I think it's silly to overreact. All teams have been inconsistent since the restart - even city and chelsea have lost games they should have won. The lockdown and the uncertainty has taken it's toll on everyone, including us. It was a poor result today but we could have lost.

It's silly not to see that our inconsistency started before the lockdown in Feb when we lost to Watford, Atletico and Chelsea.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet

I don't think it's overracting just basic development and repair we don't not a lot of signings but do need a refresh and new options. We need a good attacking player midfield and defence are ok. Well except replacement for lovern as a squad player

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Well Leicester are throwing top 4 away. Go and get Vardy so he can have one or two last cracks at CL. I bet he has a release clause for a CL club.
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Indeed, but we dont have money to spend, 13 clubs have spent more than us in the last five years

And how many of those have 3 European finals, a CL win, a PL win and gone over 90 points twice in those 5 years?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Ings is doing well, do we have a buy back clause? smile

I thought we played well, just didn't take our chances, Pope played well, but we allowed him to make the saves rather than being clinical. The problem is you look at the bench and I didn't fancy anyone to come on and replace one of the front 3 to get a goal,

Brewster is scoring goals at Swansea, maybe he is the answer?

Even Solanke is scoring goals now, he got 2 today, taking the p*ss lol

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
Well Leicester are throwing top 4 away. Go and get Vardy so he can have one or two last cracks at CL. I bet he has a release clause for a CL club.
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

And how many of those have 3 European finals, a CL win, a PL win and gone over 90 points twice in those 5 years?

You mean not spending is the formula to get trophies then? I wonder why there is a transfer window and check how many trophies City have won and number of points after spending. Ask yourself where we would be if we didnt buy VVD and Alisson

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 13/07/20 03:23 AM.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion