Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
B
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
The remaining fixtures aren't a walk in the park. Burnley, Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle, we can afford to draw or lose 1 game only and the games are every 3 days so it is possible but not easy. We can also win 19 home games which will be a record but Chelsea are going to play for a result at Anfield to stay in the top4. Salah can also match Henry and Shearer if he wins another golden boot, you can tell how disappointed he was of scoring only 2 at the final whistle.

There is a few more records I forgot about so hopefully the boys make more history to end this wonderful season.

If Chelsea needs a win to qualify for CL instead of United, and we need that win to break the 100 pts record, which one would you prefer? I think I will still prefer they dont qualify

Leicester bottled it I think, they were comfortable 3rd so it would of been nice to stay there so they deny Utd or Chelsea but I'm certain Utd will finish above them now so we have no power over that so it's best we focus on ourselves and try to go for the records instead of trying to manipulate the top4. There is also a chance 5th can be in the cl if city are banned.

I think Leicester wont make CL as well, they have much tougher games and are not playing as well as United and Chelsea

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
B

If Chelsea needs a win to qualify for CL instead of United, and we need that win to break the 100 pts record, which one would you prefer? I think I will still prefer they dont qualify

Leicester bottled it I think, they were comfortable 3rd so it would of been nice to stay there so they deny Utd or Chelsea but I'm certain Utd will finish above them now so we have no power over that so it's best we focus on ourselves and try to go for the records instead of trying to manipulate the top4. There is also a chance 5th can be in the cl if city are banned.

I think Leicester wont make CL as well, they have much tougher games and are not playing as well as United and Chelsea

It would be a shame if Leicester drop out the top 4, they have played well and deserved it, without Covid they probably would have made it.

It may depend on what happens with the City ban on Monday, If City are banned, Leicester will get top 4 as 5th place would be Wolves , 7 points behind Leicester with a far inferior Goal Difference.

Man Utd have just been drawn against LASK Linz in the Europa League, there is a good chance they will the Europa League, so in effect the Top 6 could qualify (minus City), no idea what happens if City win the CL and get banned? lol

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
rubbish today liverpool

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
We can't get the home record anymore, I expected this against Chelsea in our final home game as they will be desperate for the points but today we weren't ruthless enough against Burnley who have nothing to play for. Real shame.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Burnley are playing for Europa a place, but we should have scored at least 4 with all those sitters.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Burnley are playing for Europa a place, but we should have scored at least 4 with all those sitters.

The positive is that we can really see our weakness and make amends. I dont know where the Salah of 2 seasons ago has gone to, he is constantly not taking the right decision and Firmino has lost his home boots.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

The positive is that we can really see our weakness and make amends. I dont know where the Salah of 2 seasons ago has gone to, he is constantly not taking the right decision and Firmino has lost his home boots.

Yes good point better to find this out now rather than next season

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park

Yes good point better to find this out now rather than next season

Better yes, but only if a solution is found and implemented

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
The players don't care about the points records.... they've shown that quite clearly. Only one decent game since we went out of the CL - and that was against an awful Palace side.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
The players don't care about the points records.... they've shown that quite clearly. Only one decent game since we went out of the CL - and that was against an awful Palace side.

I dont agree that they dont care, however, performing at the level we have for more 1 and a half season was exceptional with our squad, and required unnatural efforts, a bit like our 4-0 win against Barca. I think that the peak was reached in Feb and we need some fresh blood going forward.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion